*Author

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
The 12 Realms Story (All Characters Slots Taken) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254409#msg254409
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:58:08 pm »
Preface
     There are 12 Realms that have come to influence Nerora. Each of these realms have their own ideals a and philosophies. The Elementals enter this world through various portals. It has been several hundred years since all the realms came to this world. The elemental settlements each have access to their home realm. Most elementals would rather die than give into any others ideas. There are some that travel throughout the border lands.

The Nerorians have been forced into a neutral territory, mostly out of fear of the elementals. The more benevolent elementals put them in this area for their protection, and so that the Nerorians would not have to endure the great battles. The land belonging to the Nerorians is an area where it is forbidden for the elementals to bring their conflict. Any that break this law are exiled from this area permanently.

Each of the elemental has their own story to tell.  In this story a group of elementals share their side of a most epic tale. It will seem as if supposed to enemies were destined to become friends. What they discover will bind their friendship forever.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254410#msg254410
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:58:33 pm »

Chapter 1
EmeraldTiger and The Realm of Life
Bypassing stars at a fast pace in a universe that everything appears to have a greenish hue to it. Eventually it slows as the focus is set upon the world Vitalis. Entering the atmosphere the great forests are noticeable. These forests seem to go on forever. Moving across the trees focus comes upon a village some what medieval looking. The focus slowly passes through the village to a home. Inside the home the thoughts of EmeraldTiger/Tigereth begin to be heard as if he is telling a story to someone. Now focus is set upon EmeraldTiger.

I was born in the Realm of Life. I grew up there thinking this was going to be a wonderful existence. Then one day I was called to serve the realm. I was told that I was needed to go to the new world. I wasn't given much more details than that. I walked to the temple that safe guarded the portal. A few Elvin and Bestial monks that guarded the temple were waiting for me. One of them spoke up and said, "The portal is this way." As I stepped up to the portal the same monk said, "Your new life awaits, good luck." With that I entered through the Life Portal.

Upon arriving to the new world, I was greeted by other Life elementals that had been here for quite some time. I was brought before the leader. I was told to get some rest and my training would begin the next day.

I was told to take a hut at the edge of the The Life City, which of course looked like a overgrown jungle from an outsider point of view. I walked out of the Life Temple which houses the portal. I was overwhelmed by how many life elementals called this place home.
As I walked down the path to my new home, the plants moved aside allowing me to continue unhindered. I arrived at the end of the path to find a hut with my name on it. Thinking, "This must be the place.", I went inside. Inside I found a naturally growing, soft leaf bed over in one corner and on the other side near the door was a table with some meat and a jug of water on it. I decided to consume the meal. I was hungry enough that the odd taste didn't bother me. Shortly after finishing the food I began to feel very sleepy and a bit ill. I got up to goto bed, but I fell to the floor and passed out .

The next thing I know, I find myself in very unfamiliar surroundings. I see hand made stonewalls. I find myself on a bed made of wood and fabric, which offends me so I get up and begin looking around.. To be continued...

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254510#msg254510
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »
Chapter 2
Nepycros
  For the longest time, there was only the need for rest. In the world of Darkness, the embodiment of existence within nonexistence serves no purpose aside from ensuring a perch for the world of solidity and reality.

I was roused from rest, told to be sent to the world of existence, told that the natives of that world had been in contact with the cursed ones, the "bright" people, and had mostly forgotten the truth of corruption in the world. The truth that corruption comes from solid essence, not from lack thereof of any existing form.

I was seething, but tradition dictates that emotion must wait for the situation that calls for it most, lest our dark energy be wasted. I wanted to tear away the brightness of those intruders, snuff out the light they are so fond of. I began gathering my energies, the energies of pure darkness, and shifted into the next world.

I gasped, for the exertion took quite a toll on me. Apparently, it had become harder to make entrance into this world. I would have to look into that later.

I set up camp, rationalizing that I would make contact with the rest of my people after I restored my abilities.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254538#msg254538
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:05:17 pm »
Chapter 3, Part 1
Krathos' story
I've been an outlaw from the very beggining of my life. I won't deepen in my life before coming to this world, but I'll say that I was born in the Realm of Fire, exiled, and left for dead, and then I managed to escape to the "new world".

I thought that in this "new world" I could have a new beggining, as part of a new society of elementals... Only to found that I still was an outlaw there. Nobody liked me, they all thought that I was going to harm them and attacked before asking. I don't want to kill anybody, but my powers only burn and destroy things. So now I'm fighting for my own survival, gathering knowledge of non-fire elementals' magic, and looking for a place I can call "home".

My journey starts somewhere between the desert of Time and the Fire plains, being chased by a couple of Fire elementals that saw me while I was charging my energies in a borderline tower. They recognised me instantly -I guess I'm famous now- and began to pursue me while screaming "traitor!" and throwing me fire arrows and other stuff. I began to run. I easily blocked their spells, they looked like apprentices. To avoid having to hurt them, I decided to lose them in the sands of the desert, where they won't be able to recharge their powers. I adventured into new lands, it was time to do it...

In the run, I had a flashback:
"It's the image of a kid
Take the potion a female voice was speaking
No, please, I don't want to do it, it hurts the kid looked scared
Take it! Don't force me to punish you!
Yes master the kid began to act crazy, yell and scream, and then he started to burn everything around him.
It was me, memories of my "training" as a Rage elemental. I remember the pain, the blood, the sound of burning flesh, the mighty power... But that's the past. Now I'm different, and I won't hurt those... guards?" My thoughts were interrupted by the dissappearing of my chasers.
"I have been running for too much, and lost my sense of time, in the desert of time. What a coincidence..." It wasn't. There is a guild of speeders along the desert, and they had seen me, and helped me, but I still don't know why.

Now that I am outside the oppression of the Fire plains, I can start my pursue for new magic, and maybe something else. I will walk arount this "new lands" and learn about every element I can until I find my place in the world.

I discarded learning Time magic. I wanted my past behind me and my future as it is, not that mess up that comes out when you alter time. It's the only element I'm not interested in learning of.
As for my options, Earth, Water and Darkness were the easier places to go. I couldn't go inside Darkness' land without losing my sight, and I felt like learning some Water magic... I wanted to be as far as possible from Fire elementals, and Earth mountains were too close, not to mention the Earth-Fire traits.

I hope I can find a friend in my trip, someone that helps me...

Chapter 3, Part 2
Krathos' story
The encounter with the water elementals was by far very different from what I expected.

I had been walking for a long "time" -I hate Time magic-, and I finally came close to the ocean. There I could see that the desert turned into a beach, and that some towns were located in the coast. I headed to a small one, the closer to me.

Once I got close to the town, I felt cold, and started to move slower. I tried to overheat my body with fire magic, but someone threw an ice wave to me and I froze. I woke up hearing things like "murderer", "monster" and other words that I can't repeat. I said that I wanted to be their friend and learn from them, but then they called me a "spy".

"Where am I?" I asked.
"Where all of your kind should be" was the only response I got.
It was kind of a prison, but I felt good, even better than my old life. I had food, a place to sleep and safety. But then I sighted at the remembrance of my freedom...

My thoughts were interrupted by my cellmate.
"Traitor! Outlaw! You don't deserve to be called a Fire elemental!"
A Fire elemental. A title I never wanted. But it still weighed on me.
A jailer got in and moved my fellow to other cell.
"So they don't like you"
I'm pretty famous out there
He laughed at me "then I guess you have nothing to do here"
He frozed me again. Then I woke up in the outsides of the village where I was captured. They hated me, and I only wanted to be their friend... I guess Water was the wrong choice.

While I was feeling sad by my lack of friends, I decided to head to where the Earth elementals were. I heard they were friendly with Fire elementals, and I always loved their stability. They might help me, as I am a Fire elemental, maybe they won't mind I'm an outlaw.

Just maybe...

Chapter 3, Part 3
Krathos' story
I travelled -again- through the sands of Time, this "time" it was shorter, I guess, and I'm wondering if the Time elementals were playing with me. But why?

I had another flashback, but this time, it hurted me:
"There are two mid-aged friends talking and laughing.
Now I see one of the friends with a sad face.
How do you dare to say that! it's a stronger voice, talking to him.
He starts to become angry
Yes! That's what I want from you!
Then everything burns. The other friend is laying on the ground, dead.
Now the boy starts to run, but is reached by a fire bolt in his right side and falls to the floor.
Memories, more memories, my exile from the Fire society wasn't a fairytale"
I have killed my best friend in a rage attack, and I couldn't get angry with myself. No more. Anger already killed my best friend. I know I wasn't me when I killed him. From that moment on I promised to myself not to get angry anymore.

I finally reached Earth's territory. I went close to an earth tower and talked to the guard in it.
Hi, I'm... K-K-Kobi, from the lands of Fire, and I came to learn about your interesting element I couldn't even be called by my name.
"You look exhausted, you can come to my house if you want to rest a bit. It's a short way from here and you can sleep in"
"Oh, by the way, my name is Tremor"
Kindness, I'm not used to it, Thanks Tremor, I think sleeping won't hurt me, I've been walking non-stop for too much time

Then it happened. We came across some Fire elementals, who wanted to ask us something. I decided to avoid shame. I threw bolts at both Fire elementals before they came closer and began to run. I guess Tremor now thinks I'm a spy, but I wasn't going to stay and see if Tremor would accept me as an outlaw.

I'm wondering if my destiny is to be alone wherever I go. I will continue walking around the world, until I found a place I can call "home", or a rightful death.

Now I'm leading to the city where most of the Gravity elementals live, one huge massive city which name I don't know. I hope that nobody threats me. My experience says me that even though I am trying to make friends, I may need to fight, or to run...

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254596#msg254596
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 10:34:34 pm »
Chapter 4
Zblader
Zblader:

I... how would I describe myself?  I am not a true elemental, but I am no longer a Fluxi either.

When the Twelve Worlds collided with ours and the Elementals came, I thought there would  be unity. Peace. A possibly way to expand our knowledge and share it with others who could call upon Summoning Realms like we could.

I was wrong.  We had found our village especially friendly with the  :gravity and  :light Elementals, and eventually they settled in and mingled among our community.   Looks did not matter - even the merchants of :darkness seemed to be truly honest.

Then it came. I'll never truly understand that day. I was practicing my swordsmanship with my sister and Hycaster Lyre, who had chosen to serve the ways of the Flux and yet at the same time could master the power of Light.  It was as usual - and then the next thing I remember is running through the village, avoiding bolts of Lightning and simply running as the defenders screamed and died, Elemental or Fluxi.  My sister... she died protecting me from the Great Blue Phoenix of Aether. That moment still shines today - a Champion of Aether risen to fight the Champion of Gravity that I had never really known.  Then all was black.
When I awoke, I was among the ruins of the village. They were gone - every single one of them.  I was the last of a race of casters, and it so happened that I was a warrior rather than a caster.  I heard a voice -

You are my new master, young one?

I screamed, thinking I had died as well.

You are not dead. This is your Mark speaking to you. Ah, but you don't know what those are. My apologies.

We figured everything out - the Fluxi tribe  had been elminated from this world , the champions had retreated and the War had begun.  Who started it, we'll never know.

The first few days were hectic - I simply ran and slashed at anything that tried to hurt me.  Eventually, my Mark spoke again :

You are alone.

I nodded.

That is simply what you believe. I am here with you, and your sister's talent will not go to waste.

That was the first incantation I learned - Holy Light is what my mark called it.  I learned another one called Photon as I traveled across the world, doing nothing but fighting, and sometimes resting at the villages of other tribes.

I have many questions, but it's a long road ahead of me, even now. I want to find out more about this world - the elementals, the remainding tribes' development, all sorts of things.

But for now, I must fight.  Fight to get stronger - to prevent that disaster from happening to others.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254662#msg254662
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:42:34 pm »
Chapter 5, Part 1
Nepycros
  I heard a twig snap, breaking my slumber, and almost instantaneously became camouflaged to match the surroundings. I tried to leave my niche beneath the rocky overhang, but realized I was unable to move. I looked down to find I was being entwined in a multitude of vines. Impossible! I thought. I should have seen this coming the moment they came within 20 feet of me. I struggled, and attempted to form a dark dagger, but I felt a jabbing pain in my side. Within 10 seconds I was paralyzed, and with 15 I was unconscious. My last thoughts were, I'll have to make a rain check on my rendevouz.

My eyes opened slowly. I couldn't bear to move around, but I did see the sky above me. It was getting close to sundown. I hadn't know how long I was asleep. All I knew was that I was being carried to civilization, judging from the sounds in the direction I was being escorted too. I wasn't bound by vines, but was still under effect of the drug. I could smell tropical life, and something clicked in my head. Life Elementals. That was the only logical explanation.

It wasn't much longer before I was brought to the edge of the village. By then, night was falling. I had heard that it was quite a journey to the central building, where I would undoubtedly be interrogated and whatnot. They decided to make residence in the open ground. I was astonished they would think of this, sleeping on a rocky road, when I saw several soft leaves traverse the hedgeline along the roadside and form soft beds. I was left on the stones. They became cozy, and a few even dozed off.

But what they didn't account for was that I was getting my body control back. Even more importantly, I could feel my dark strength returning. I waited a short while before making my move.

In one smooth motion, I rolled into the hedgeline on the left side of the road, and became absolutely invisible. The captors' exclamations and muttered swearings were like music to my ears. I sprung to my feet and darted away. I could hear them shouting about getting the dogs ready. After a few moments of sifting through my memories, I realized that the "dogs" they were preparing probably meant that they were tracking my scent, the one thing I could not mask.

I was left with no choice. I dashed into the hut nearest to me (which, oddly enough, looked like one huge green bungalow), thanking my creators for the door being open. I knew my time was short, but I couldn't help but be drawn to a table that was covered with table scraps and sparse meat. Knowing my situation, I took it upon myself to engorge on this magnificent banquet, or so it appeared to me at the time, due to my hunger overriding my rationality. I looked hurriedly around the house to affirm that there was noone else to interrupt me, and began devouring everything I deemed edible.

After a few moments, I felt a familiar buzz in the back of my head. I looked at the meat, at how it was tinged ever so slightly green, and realized I had fallen for the same trick twice. Dammit, I thought, and passed out for a second time, barely registering another person in a similar state lying on the ground.

A few hours or days later, I woke up, in a house that (thankfully) didn't smell of tropical trees. I had no recollection of being brought to this new place, but at least I could move again (perhaps gaining a tolerance for this drug). I rose, seeing that same person that was passed out back in the Life Village hut. He had distinctions that caused me to look at him as a tiger, another creature that took me time to remember from my studies. I decided to call him "Tiger-man" until I knew his real name. This was getting weirder and weirder, and my only dominant thought was, This isn't my day...

To be continued by EmeraldTiger...
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

• Legendary Member
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254680#msg254680
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:06:26 am »
Chapter 5, Part 2
EmeraldTiger and Nepycros Meet
 Shortly after looking around, I hear shuffling behind me. I turn around to see only a shadow. I was a bit fearful of what I saw, stood still only to see the shadow move. I exclaimed "Are you a spirit?!".

"Hardly," came the reply. "Though if I keep taking that blasted drug, I might become one."

"What are you?", I said with a fearful tinge to my voice.

"I would normally think it polite to ask 'Who?' before 'What?', don't you agree? But to answer, I'm not a native. I'm a Darkness elemental." then he said, "Now, let me introduce myself via name. I'm Nepycros"

"Well I just came to this world, and now I don't know where I am."

“Figures you wouldn’t introduce yourself. Oh well, got a plan to get out?”

EmeraldTiger >> "Oh oh, I am sorry, My name is EmeraldTiger, and no I have no Idea."

Nepycros >> "EmeraldTiger? Well, points for originality. In that case, I'll be leaving soon. If you want to escape, may as well follow me.

Just before we are ready to leave we hear footsteps approach.
Nepycros >> "Well, well, well. Look who's sooo sure they'll just waltz right out of here."

"I guess I will have to follow since i didn't receive any training"

Nepycros and I turned to see a bulky man who could only be the jailer.
If you think you can leave before we get what we want, forget it.
Then the jailer states "You can't leave till we get what we want.
"
Then Nepycros said, "You're not even an elemental. What could you possible do to keep
 us out?" As he said this, his skin became darker, and his shadows became longer...
 All of a sudden, Nepycros was blasted back into the wall, and the smell of burnt hair permeated the room.
The jailer remarks, "That ain’t gonna work here, we got an energy siphoner right up there," as he points to the ceiling.
This caused me and my disoriented friend to follow his direction and see an odd cubic device protruding from the ceiling, emitting a sickly green glow.
Nepycros struggled to his feet and glared at the jailer, who merely laughed and walked away, calling out, “Stay here till you rot. You’re energy will be put to good use, don’t worry.”
I could only stand there and watch in shock.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254708#msg254708
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 12:29:20 am »
:darknessbig Chapter 5, Part 3 :lifebig
Zblader
The Encounter: Forseen Friends?

Lyra:
She is the girl standing near the yellow flowers.

My Mark, Lyra (it had decided to name itself after my sister, Lyre) and I traveled for several hours, but as night began to fall, we realized we'd have to stop. Off in the dark, I recognized the village of the Mahui, good friends of of the Fluxi.  Their nature magic was said to be prominent, especially with poison and entangling. We would easily receieve shelter.

The chief greeted me warmly, but upon hearing about the destruction of the Fluxi his face saddened.

"That is terrible to hear," was his consolation. "Zblader, remember that you are always welcome in the Mahui's territory. It was the Elementals that destroyed your village, you say? We have found some, but they are being a bit... troublesome. Do not worry though. They can't hurt anyone anymore."

I then heard two chants outside, and soon the entire village went pitch black. All magefires died out, and the growling of a tiger was heard.  I blinked, and found the sky as bright as day.

This vision is only available to you young one. I heard Lyra say.

My magic lets you cleave through the darkest of spells. Your sister had one trait that empowered her- honesty, and I hope you share the same quality. My minor knowledge of Precognition tells me you will soon befriend two beings.... one with an ivy shade of green, the other a dark shade.

What could it mean? I wondered, but decided to go with it.

I ran out of the hut and through the village, guided by the illusion of day. My instincts drew me into the prison region. Soon I saw two figures that did not belong - a humanoid shade and an ivy green tiger, locked in a prison cell.  The shade appeared to have put up a fight: he was injured, and the green one looked worn and desperate.

Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254852#msg254852
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 03:26:59 am »
Chapter #6
I wake up in the middle of a forest, knowing not how I got there or who I am.

I am your typical amnesiac.

I get try to get up, but when I get on my feet, a sudden migraine pulls me back toward the earth. I lie there helplessly, waiting.

What am I waiting for? I don't know.

I examine my clothing. It seems to be armor with a strange symbol on it. The symbol seems to be a black planet orbited by 3 white rings. The primary color of my heavy, metallic jumpsuit is a bright orange. I see a man near me, dead on the ground. He is wearing the same armor as me. Did I know this person once before? I have know clue. I realize the heaviness to my eyes, and gently drift off.

I awaken suddenly to the sound of footsteps. Did the man who took the other man's life come to finish stealing mine?

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254861#msg254861
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 03:37:58 am »
Aww man I love these things!

Chapter #7
Gl1tch
Life has treated me strangely.

I was born in the forest of life, a high elf, and a noble one.  I was but a boy when the fallen elves were banned.  The old master was not a bad master, but an inattentive one.  And his actions were poor.  When war was on the horizon, it was I who stood to lead.  But the armies of good and evil never met.

I turned my attentions to returning the fallen elves to their former glory, eventually earning the title of master.  I was trying to return them to glory when the first war started.  It was a quick war, the forest was rushed and burned before I could retaliate.  Life won one battle.  I was a disgrace.

I stopped being master then, by mutual agreement.  I still fought for the position, but only half-heartedly, and the creatures rallied around a new leader.  He and I fought together in the second war.  I eventually sacrificed myself in order to revive him.

That's the last thing I remember.

So, I guess the question is, why, when I just martyred myself to a lost cause, am I alive again?

Why, when I died in the land of Entropy, am I in the land of death.

And, perhaps most importantly, why am I undead?

Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254884#msg254884
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 03:59:45 am »
Chapter #8
I wait. The footsteps pass.

"The Master of Time, Lord Xenif wants us to travel to the land of Air for a debriefing," a scratchy voice says. They seem to pass by without noticing me.

You aren't on this adventure alone. I jump back, reaching for a sword in my belt, finding that it is under me. Great. I have reflexes of a beast. In my past life, I hope there was someone I trusted.

"Who's there?" I say, hoping I sounded more brave than I felt. It's me, your mark.

"My what ?" Your mark the voice replied. "Where are you?" I say.

I'm on your chest. A tattoo. I can see into your thoughts, so there is no need to speak aloud. In essence, I am you, all that you are, all that you were, all that you ever will be. Now, rest. Please, 918273645.

"Who is 918273645?" I think. You, my boy. Also, my name is Claire.

"Well, Claire, what can you tell me about myself?" Nothing. I am you, after all. I only recall the basics, such as names.

I fall into a deep slumber with my new-found friend.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
Re: The 12 Realms (Add Your Chapter) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg254892#msg254892
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 04:05:08 am »
OOC: we will all interact at some point.
(OOC) FYI guys, OOC = Out of Character. Use this if you have a comment but are writing chapters for this thread.  Keep what ET said in mind - it's a good idea to read the previous chapters as well and see if you can link things together.

But before new chapters are made, a few ground rules will be made:

[04:15:29] Nepycros: We'll have to revise. I guess that if an elemental or native takes on a serious trauma, elemental energy will manifest in the person's subconscious.
918, our original plan was for marks to be Native exclusive, but we can work around it.

Nepycros: We'll also have to say that they need a specific reason to be in the world. Amnesiacs are the exception.
[04:17:53] Nepycros: Also, set up a terminology list. We've got those Mauhi's, Fluxi's and whatnot.
[04:18:03] Nepycros: Terminology is the backbone of a fantasy story.

Current Terms:
Fluxi: Zblader's tribe. Was destroyed by a fighting  :aether and  :gravity army that was implied to be lead by ICB and GG (if you two wish to participate, I can change the charas though)
Mahui: A tribe implied to be in cohorts with the Life Elementals, but some have been secrelty corrutped by an entropy elemental.
Lyra: Zblader's  :light mark.
Claire: 918's implied  :gravity mark.
Mark: Elemental Marks grant access to incantations, but also have a personality of their own. Usually accquired through intense trauma.
Incantations: Chants to use the game's cards  (speciffically their effects, the cards do not really exist).  Spells are spells (usually what the incantation will activate), Permanents are usually buildings,weapons, shields, and structures (equipment will be summoned, while a struturce incantation only works if the structurer is there and can be activated), creatures are wild entities that can be tamed or summoned through incantations.

Charas and their elements:
Nepycros: Darkness
Oldtrees: Darkness/ Light/ Life
Emeraldtger: Life/ Eventually Aether
Zblader : Other
Krathos: Fire/Other ( I consider Other to be underworld and rainbow)
Bloodshadow: Light/Darkness
918273645: Gravity
Gl1tch: Death? (please confirm Gl1tch)

blarg: