*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The 12 Realms Story (All Characters Slots Taken) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg449605#msg449605
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2012, 06:17:03 pm »
Chapter 61
Picking up On the Journey.... Again

PoV : Zblader

I walked around in my hut for what seemed to be the 5th time. The escape  had been a difficult task and the fight against the BeastMaster had left  me exhausted.

Well, we won't have any fun here. Let's go outside, shall we? Lyra's voice quickly interrupted my thoughts again.

Leave me alone first.

Heck no. Are you going to waste the rest of the day inside? Come on, there's a giant festival outside!

I groaned. If it was going to get her to be quiet for a bit, I'd step outside. For some battle-wisened elemental, she got excited pretty quickly.

As  the bright blue in the sky started to become rimmed with orange the  peppy music in the village was eventually replaced with a more slow and  soothing melody. People were just lounging around now, tired and full.

I  wondered where everyone else was and where my future lay - if I was  going to be traveling the Realms, it'd be nice to have a few companions,  at least for while. I'd already heard of the dangers but every war has  it's end - the conflict between the Elements couldn't last forever.

Whispers of attempted pranks, the upcoming trials, the government affairs, and  other things reached my ears. It made me think back to the time when I  was a child - I'd sometimes think I used to rule the realm and some  crazy 'decisions' like making all schools teach fusion of element magic  by hosting student-designed competitions.

They laughed at me back then. Now they're all dead, and maybe I shouldn't think about it too hard.

As I neared the center of the village, I saw ET talking to Urzo, the Life Chieftain we had fought a while ago. ET seemed like he was trying to request something important from the elder, who face had a thoughtful look on it.

As I watched them, I saw the others come toward me. Nepycros asked:

"What's ET doing?"

"I'm not sure, seems like an important conversation though."

"Should we ask him about it after he's done?"

"No.  I think that's a bit of an intrusive action and whatever he is doing seems private and important to him - however, since I cannot deny my curiosity; If I were to  ask him, I would ask him later on in the afternoon, maybe at dinner time"

"True, seems wiser."

"For now, let's enjoy the festive activities."

Everyone smiled and nodded at what I said. Nepycros just grunted.
The  rest of the afternoon consisted of attending trivial and festive  events, games, we got to eat different types of dishes that were a  traditional custom in Life village, and such social events.

It  seemed everyone were enjoying themselves, I found it slightly funny how  Flayne was overly curious of common things that were presented to him,  how Nepycros would be embarrassed by humorous moments made (Hmmm. I thought he was The Stoic of the crew at this point, not the comic relief) by Jorporel and ET seemed at home with these people since they were brethren to him.

All was good and well with the group. However one thing still bothered me - as Flayne had mentioned once since we met, he didn't know where he was going in life.
The truth was, neither did I, once I thought about it until today before fighting Urzo, did our group have a goal? What were we fated to encounter? To achieve? To lose, in this damned world where little was fair?

I couldn't help but think about it. I also realized that the everyone else was eager to ask ET about his requests or conversation with the Urzo, but I guesed that it shouldn't be done in front of anyone else but just us five, so I decided to wait until we returned to our huts.

Later, we all sat around a fire, the gang and Urzo.

"So fellas, tell me about yourselves, what brings you to these areas of Nerora? There's been quite a ruckus going on in the nearby villages."

"Well,  to be quite frank, we are on an adventure to accomplish each others goals individually; I myself am a traveler and I wish to journey through  the entire extent of Nerora." I replied, a little too quickly. I thought I may as well tell a small half-lie so as to not sound ridiculous. If I were to tell them I had no idea what I set out to do, they'd never believe me, or they might deem me mad.

"I can't speak for the others though - I'm not sure if they want their goals revealed, but that's okay with me if they wish to remain silent."

So we all said something about ourselves without revealing too much of  whatever we might be hiding, I had my suspicion on Nepycros that he was  hiding something, he wasn't the type to reveal things about himself,  Jorporel seemed to be in a similar state to Flayne, a sense of amnesia.  ET was the only one that was open to them since he could trust these people as his brethren.

We started back towards our huts, but I decided I wasn't going to sit in the dark forever.

"Hey, Emeraldtiger." He turned to look at me, "What were you speaking to Urzo about?"

"I am..." he paused. "I am planning to leave here and head for the Aether Realm."

I raised an eyebrow "And why?"

"Well,  Laureth'al is an Aether... spirit, and I feel that I have to continue  my mission on investigating the elemental disturbance. Urzo belives that  some unholy curse made it impossible for her to return back to the Plane of Creation, and that we should seek her native Elemental's guidance on allowing her to move on."

Hmph. He's not the only one who has to deal with a mark.
Lyra 'spoke'.

'Well, everything takes time. Maybe we'll find some clues about yourself too.' I replied.

"So, EmeraldTiger, do you plan to do anything else here? I personally think  we've run out of reasons to stay here." Nepycros said. Flayne and  Jorporel nodded in agreement.

"I... don't wish to stay here much longer. For now, finishing my mission is my first priority." Emeraldtiger replied. And you, Laureth'al? He echoed in my mind.

I see no problems with your decision to leave, and I wish to see how my homeland has changed.

"Well, if we're all going to leave, that decides it."
  "I" spoke. I then "pushed" Lyra out of my body for a bit and tried to  cover for the odd change in my voice that I'd heard. "I'm tired, so I'm  going to pack and go to sleep. Goodnight, everyone."

As we returned to our huts, I could've sworn I heard Nepycros snickering at something about a "girl's pitch".

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: The 12 Realms Story (All Characters Slots Taken) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg449635#msg449635
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2012, 07:30:49 pm »
A bright morning, a scent of blooming flowers in the air, and I was more than ready to get the heck out of that village. Naturally, I ended up rousing the others from slumber, since the break of dawn is more than enough to break through my unconscious state. After some quick preparations, we left the village through one of the side gates, away from where most of the early morning travelers would catch sight of us.

Eventually, Tiger and Blader took the lead, seeing as how they had some sense as to where we were going. It took some silent maneuvering, but I eventually managed to establish myself as the flank of this bizarre company, though I suspect Jorporel had more than a few issues with turning his back to me, but knowing the state of some of those Angels, I'd be much more uneasy having him guarding, or even being near, my back.

It was only after several hours of training that I started growing more and more wary. Our supplies were definitely valuable, coming from the Life village, but I doubted that their perishable foods would last us to the end of our journey. Although those were problems we would encounter in the future, taking precautions was one of my nagging habits, and I kept my eyes out for small game and possible sources of edible meals.

The landscape didn't change as much as one would think, but then again, we were traveling just beyond the forest line that marked the colonies of the Life Realm. The plains stretched on for miles here, and since we traveled more east than south, we saw no measurable change in temperature, which I saw advantageous. If we were adapted to the climate, it would be suitable if we needed to fight or flee from something.

Hours upon hours, then a day slipped by, followed by another. I occasionally pestered Tiger about his odd ability to transport things several meters in an instant (I wasn't particularly fond of being a passenger in that trip), seeing as that would make our trip much shorter, but he responded with, "I'm not sure how I did it... I just did." So, with a disappointed scowl overwhelming my usual frown, we trekked on.

Finally, after countless hours of practicing my tainting ability on Memento, to see if I could use it more efficiently, Blader called out, and we halted. In the distance, just opposite the setting sun, were the tell-tale lights framed by the traditional dark wood that signaled the existence of a village. We picked up the pace to get there before nightfall, since I was the only one truly equipped for travel during twilight.

With the determination of seeing real people after what seemed like eons of marchin through grassy circles, we managed to cross the distace to the village in no time at all, it seemed. We nodded politely toward the guard at the entrance to the outer wall- which was nothing more than a large number of fallen trees arranged vertically as large beams of wood- and made our way toward the nearest inn. A few casual glances were exchanged with some of the more colorful folk in the area, while looks of incredulity passed by us as some noticed the sheer oddity that was a Life, Aether, Darkenss, and Light elemental all proceeding together with an average Nerorian, albeit one with a sword strung across their back.

When I entered the inn, I managed to find out just what separated me from the others traveling with me. Where they immediately made their way to the receptionist, I got a good glance around. Several of the partakers of drink and entertainment in the inn, who had been enjoying polite or savage conversation about their own business and welfare, grew eerily silent upon seeing us. Eyes narrowed, grips on mugs of mead tightened, and I noticed more than a few glints of light reflecting off steel almost appeared to drip from the hilts of some of the larger folk's scabbards. Reflexively, I left my lax movements behind and started moving, centering my movements on the balls of my feet, while remaining as inconspicuous as one would expect an elemental from my realm to be.

While my vision was straining to occupy every corner of the room and seek out any movements that could mean harm to me, I glimpsed a detail that would've proven far more valuable to us if we had only the care to notice. Just above the doorframe, in runes of the basic Nerorian dialect, were the instructions that no elementals were permitted to enjoy either the inn's hospitality, or the tavern's drink. Now, normally I wouldn't be surprised by this: Nerorian villages were often either non-permitting of, or promoting segregational behavior toward those with 'magic'. But what struck me as odd was the improvisational markings next to the sign, reading, "Z. Blader, wanted for suspicion of murder, and being a practitioner of magic. A small breeze brushed behind me, and I realized that Zblader had quickly whipped his head around, as if by instinct to glance at the sign. His dilated eyes showed me otherwise, as they quickly readjusted and he frowned slightly. At least the observational skill of this 'team' wasn't restricted to me.

"Hey, guys." Emeraldtiger seemed to be the only that listened besides me. He tried a little louder, and this time our 'friends' all turned around. "I don't think we're welcome here." I didn't bother to gesture towards the signs. If they needed an explanation, all they had to do was look. As I turned to leave, however, a portion of the congregation that was apparently trying to subdue us with threatening looks rose, and crossed toward the exit at a brisk pace. What's worse, one of the crowd looked decent enough to show some authority at this point, and he was currently standing with the crowd that wasn't granting us leave from the establishment. His voice was somewhat oppressive as he spoke, if not a little slurred from the taxing his drink took on his mind. "Z. Blader... you're under arrest for murder, and the breaking of our most basic rule, the practicing of magic. It is within my responsibility, as this province's humble officer of enforcing peace and social health, to take you in for trial and punishment for your crimes."

I attempted to use his long-winde speech to turn a little less visible by blending in with the shadows of the poorly lit tavern, but to no avail. The remainder of the occupants of the room rose, save for a select few who were either too drunk, or too unwilling to leave behind their comfortable seats, and further surrounded us, until we were enclosed. With nothing left to do, I looked at Blader and flashed a wry grin. "Bet you wished I killed him instead, huh?"
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
Re: The 12 Realms Story (All Characters Slots Taken) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg1022128#msg1022128
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2012, 05:13:20 am »
It's been far, far too long.

Ah well, only :time will tell what course this takes.

Sorry for the necro, nostalgia gets the better of me.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
Re: The 12 Realms Story (All Characters Slots Taken) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg1113711#msg1113711
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2013, 08:42:56 am »
So I figure, it's been 51 weeks. Might as well keep some kinda placeholder in case I lose track of where this is.

Once again, that fine-ass nostalgia.

Offline EmeraldTigerTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The 12 Realms Story (All Characters Slots Taken) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg1113755#msg1113755
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2013, 03:11:02 pm »
I have thought of this and my other story recently.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
Re: The 12 Realms Story (All Characters Slots Taken) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20059.msg1113883#msg1113883
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2013, 08:52:45 am »
I have thought of this and my other story recently.
Other story?

anything
blarg: