*Author

Offline AjitTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Winner of the Card Border Redesign
Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253055#msg253055
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:48:44 am »
NAME:
Old Tree
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
1 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Absorbs four random quanta per turn.
Produces three quanta matching your mark per turn.
NAME:
Old Tree
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Absorbs four random quanta per turn.
Produces three quanta matching your mark per turn.
ART:
gnmills (http://www.sxc.hu/photo/756224)
IDEA:
Ajit
NOTES:
yeah, that's right.  OldTrees.
SERIES:

Offline unknown89089

• Reputation Power: 2
  • unknown89089 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Meh
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253084#msg253084
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:15:08 am »
Great vs. Discord I guess?

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253086#msg253086
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:16:40 am »
This appears to go against an unwritten "rule" that upgraded cards with no change in effect decrease by 1 in cost.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253091#msg253091
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:18:50 am »
This appears to go against an unwritten "rule" that upgraded cards with no change in effect decrease by 1 in cost.
1 or 2 cost decrease.

I like it but I am biased toward it. Thanks Ajit!
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253093#msg253093
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:19:43 am »
lol OT.
this card can help quite a bit with cards like drain life, fireball, etc.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253096#msg253096
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:20:31 am »
Basic strat;

have two quantum towers.

They produce 6 quanta

Old Tree takes four of those quanta and convert into three life quanta (life mark in this case)

Result;

Focused quanta production.

You get 3 life quanta + 2 random quanta using three cards.
That vs.
3 life quanta + no random quanta using three life pillars.

If this isn't a good enough deal, it can be adjusted to a 1:1 ratio of 3 random consumed to 3 life produced.
_____

woah three posts before I could finish one.

@OT lol sure thing man.

Offline doublecross

• Reputation Power: 9
  • doublecross is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Did you miss me?
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253098#msg253098
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 03:21:52 am »
But if you do that, it is essentially letting you turn a quantum pillar into 3 of your mark, when quantum pillars are supposed to be as powerful as other pillars.
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. Speak the truth even when your voice falters.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253099#msg253099
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:42 am »
so Ajit, just wondering, who or what was your inspiration for this card?
My Decks

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253100#msg253100
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 03:25:35 am »
Sort of a reverse Pest sort of thing, makes it balanced makes sense in a way as it can produce some pretty impressive specific quanta from nothing more than quantum towers and a mark, its then balanced out by the fact it can convert mark quanta into mark quanta (i suppose) therefore making it less powerful, and  continusly making it less effective to use

Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253103#msg253103
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 03:27:33 am »
Sort of a reverse Pest sort of thing, makes it balanced makes sense in a way as it can produce some pretty impressive specific quanta from nothing more than quantum towers and a mark, its then balanced out by the fact it can convert mark quanta into mark quanta (i suppose) therefore making it less powerful, and  continusly making it less effective to use
Thanks for the comment there icecoldbro

so Ajit, just wondering, who or what was your inspiration for this card?
A conversation with Nepycros on this thread;

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19655.12.html

@doublecross, yeah that was my initial thinking, I don't plan on changing it

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253112#msg253112
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 03:31:05 am »
Punny card is punny.  I like it, I had a similar idea planned but you beat me to it, congrats.  It's balanced, and could possibly make a "rainbow-mono" type of deck.

Great card!  We've made an "Emeraldtiger" card too (hopefully I can dig it up), so maybe we should make a CCC card series!

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
Re: Old Tree | Old Tree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19963.msg253121#msg253121
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 03:36:15 am »
Punny card is punny.  I like it, I had a similar idea planned but you beat me to it, congrats.  It's balanced, and could possibly make a "rainbow-mono" type of deck.

Great card!  We've made an "Emeraldtiger" card too (hopefully I can dig it up), so maybe we should make a CCC card series!
That sounds like fun!
My Decks

blarg: