*Author

The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16113#msg16113
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:08:04 am »
Copyright to Scaredgirl for the title.

(updated 11.01.2010 16:02 : balancing purpose, massive renaming, new cards: Flesh/Living Flesh, Pain/Mutilation, Flesh Demon/Living Demon, new ability: Dark Pact)

(updated 16.01.2010 15:48 : added Obscure Bolt and Sanguine Bolt. Now it's useful to have mass blood quanta, and fitting with the other cards purposes.)

Hello.

I'm proposing here a new element. I think that, reading the cards, you will quickly understand how i'm proposing here new types of synergies. And of course, imagine with duo decks and rainbow ones.
Sorry for having no image. I've only got a very precise one in my mind for the element itself, and i'll try to find, later on, an image for it.

Sorry for the lack of... imaginative names, too. I'm sure that can be easily improved with such a community.
Some might be overpowered too, but more importantly, i may have totally missed an overpowered combo, so i'm counting on you to tell me if you find one, i'll edit the card.

Here we go. I'm starting with new abilities so you can refer to them when reading some cards.

New element : BLOOD.

New ability : bloody. When a bloody creature dies, its max HP is dealt as damage to its owner (yes, you'd better care about NOT owning bloody creatures - or make them not dying).
New ability : engorge. When used (max once per turn), removes 1 hp from its owner and adds 2/2 to the creature.
New ability : lineage bond. Each time the creature/weapon owner of that ability deals damage, all blood creatures of his player gain 1/1.
New ability : disposable. A permanent with that ability can be removed by its owner just clicking it.
New ability : conversion. The target creature is now of blood element.
New ability : sanguine conversion. The target creature is now of blood element. Its ability, if one, has its cost converted to blood quantum.
New ability : dark pact. The creature using a dark pact will gain 5/1 each turn for 4 turns, then die.

Card (type) : [effect] [upgrades into [cardname]]

Blood pillar (pillar) : produces 1 blood quantum / turn. Upgrades into Blood tower.
Blood tower (pillar) : produces 1 blood quantum / turn, gives 1 blood quantum when played.

Daily ritual (pillar) : produces 2 blood quanta / turn, you loose 1hp/turn (not a poison).
Daily sacrifice (pillar) : produces 2 blood quanta / turn, you loose 1hp/turn (not a poison), gives 2 blood quantums and removes 1 hp when played. Has ability "disposable".

Flesh (creature) : 0 / 3, costs 0 quantum, 1 hp to play. Upgrades to Living flesh.
Living flesh (creature) : 1 / 4, costs 0 quantum, 1 hp to play.

Globula (creature) : 4 / 2, costs 1 blood quantum to play. Ability : bloody. Upgrades to Red Globula.
Red Globula (creature) : 5 / 1, costs 1 blood quantum to play. Ability : bloody.

Infection (creature) : 3 / 3, costs 3 blood quanta to play. Ability: engorge (cost: 0). Upgrades to Bloody Infection.
Bloody Infection (creature) : 5 / 3, costs 3 blood quanta to play. Ability: engorge (cost: 0).

Blood dragon (creature) : 11 / 5, costs 10 blood quanta to play. Upgrades to Bloody horror.
Bloody horror (creature) : 12 / 6, costs 10 blood quanta to play.

Mage (creature) : 4 / 5, costs 8 blood quanta to play. Ability : conversion (cost: 2 blood quanta). Upgrades to Sanguine Mage.
Sanguine Mage (creature) : 4 / 8, costs 8 blood quanta to play. Ability : sanguine conversion (cost: 2 blood quanta).

Flesh demon (creature) : 3 / 2, costs 5 blood quanta to play. Ability : dark pact (cost: 3 dark quantum). Upgrades to Sanguine demon.
Sanguine demon (creature) : 4 / 3, costs 5 blood quanta to play. Ability : dark pact (cost: 3 dark quantum).

Touch of blood (spell) : costs 3 blood quanta. The target creature sadly gains ability "bloody". Upgrades to Addiction to blood.
Addiction to blood (spell) : costs 2 blood quanta. The target creature sadly gains ability "bloody" and is immediatly injured by 1 damage.

Sacrificing help (spell) : costs 5 blood quanta. All blood creatures are immediatly damaged by 2 and the player earns the total damage done as healing HP. Upgrades to Bloodbath.
Bloodbath (spell) : costs 5 blood quanta. All blood creatures are immediatly damaged by 3 and the player earns the total damage done as healing HP.

Conversion (spell) : costs 3 blood quanta. Does exactly the "conversion" ability. Upgrades to Blood Conversion.
Sanguine Conversion (spell) : costs 3 blood quanta. Does exactly the "sanguine conversion" ability.

Obscure Bolt (spell) : costs 3 blood quanta. For every 5 blood quanta you got, you remove 2 MAX HP of your opponent (meaning, if he has 58 HP / 100 HP and you got 53 blood quanta, he will have 58 / 90 HP after the spell. If he has 84 / 100 HP and you got 153 blood quanta, he will have 70 / 70 HP after the spell.) Upgrades to Sanguine Bolt.
Sanguine Bolt (spell) : costs 2 blood quanta. For every 5 blood quanta you got, you remove 2 MAX HP of your opponent.

Wound (permanent) : costs 3 blood quanta. Both players now looses 1 hp per turn (not a poison), until the permanent is destroyed. Stacks with itself. Upgrades to Gash.
Gash (permanent) : costs 4 blood quanta. Both players now looses 3 hp per turn (not a poison), until the permanent is destroyed. Stacks with itself.  Has ability "disposable".

Pain (permanent) : costs 6 blood quanta. Owner of that permanent looses 1 hp (not a poison) and spawns 1 flesh per turn. Upgrades to Mutilation.
Mutilation (permanent) : costs 6 blood quanta. Owner of that permanent looses 1 hp (not a poison) and spawns 1 living flesh per turn.

Red Blade (weapon) : costs 5 blood quanta. Deals 3 damage per turn. Ability : lineage bond. Upgrades to Sanguine Blade.
Sanguine Blade (weapon) : costs 4 blood quanta. Deals 4 damage per turn. Ability : lineage bond.

Empathic shield (shield) : costs 4 blood quanta. Reduces incoming damage per 1. Any blood creature attacking that shield also heals the owner of the shield by 3 HP. Upgrades to Empathic bloody shield.
Sanguine shield (shield) : costs 4 blood quanta. Reduces incoming damage per 2. Any blood creature attacking that shield also heals the owner of the shield by 5 HP.

Thanks to icybreaker for the names proposal.

Thank you for reading, that was my little dream moment. Feel free to comment so we, eventually, balance those cards.  :)

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16114#msg16114
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:30:17 am »
Lol, that all makes me laugh... blood is a part of life, so if anything, convert all of these cards into life-based cards, except for the ones that wouldn't work converted (I just skimmed once I saw "blood" everywhere) such as pillars. I didn't glance at the card descriptions though.

"Bloody Horror" is hilarious lol...

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16116#msg16116
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 03:35:38 am »
Lol, that all makes me laugh... blood is a part of life, so if anything, convert all of these cards into life-based cards, except for the ones that wouldn't work converted (I just skimmed once I saw "blood" everywhere) such as pillars. I didn't glance at the card descriptions though.

"Bloody Horror" is hilarious lol...
I disagree. I think all of this sounds like Death element stuff. Life is all about sustenance, creation, and, well... life. The Death element is all about decay, poison, necromancy... and I think linking one's own health to his/her spawns sounds just like the Death element's bread and butter.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16124#msg16124
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:06:57 am »
I highly suggest making myself into one of those Blood cards.

But jokes aside... Those do sound like Dark/Death cards... At least a bit similar. However, they do have their unique aspects. Other elements don't have abilities that link your HP to your creatures and/or enemy creatures.

Now I have the urge to copy this general theme for my own 13th element, Void. I've been having trouble finding the right theme for Void.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16125#msg16125
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 05:11:01 am »
Well like I said, I didn't read the descriptions. I saw "blood" everywhere so I figured it would be best as life.

Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16145#msg16145
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 09:06:16 am »
Thank you for your 2 posts after not reading. That's nice from you, Demagog.
Water is a part of Air, water can be a part of life, aether has not really anything related with real life, and i really fail to see how your laughes about the choice of "blood" element, which is just a pretext to add new element & new synergyzing gameplay with new card ideas, would be worth 2 posts. Blood is part of life, blood has a part of water, and i think we simply don't care. I don't think anyway with a 12 elements-game any new 13th would be added alone.

With so many new cards as ideas, it was just more interesting to make a new element rather than thinking about totally unbalancing a currently existing element (all elements with 9 - 14 cards, and one with ~25?).

Now that the boring justifying part is done... back to the subject.
Edited first post with 2 balances.

Bloodshadow > actually, it's a bit less of a "dream" to add 2 elements rather than 1. If you have good ideas, go on and throw out element Void. With 14 elements, rainbow decks will be less powered. ;)

Offline Thalas

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16155#msg16155
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 10:13:44 am »
I liked it, but in every second card name is blood or bloody. It needs better names.

Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16156#msg16156
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 10:20:09 am »
I second that. Do not hesitate to propose better names.

icybraker

Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16207#msg16207
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 04:00:55 pm »
Love this idea, so I'm going to help rename stuff. :P

The ability "Bloody Grow" can be called "Engorge."
The ability "Blood Link" can be called "Bloodline" or "Lineage Bond".
The ability "Remove" can be called "Disposable" or "Temporary".
The ability "Conversion" or "Blood Conversion" can be called "Profligate" or "Blood Profligate".

We already have a skill called "Infect", and a skill called "Infest". :P How about Gorger or Gorer?
Blood Mage can be called Sanguine Mage.

Sacrificing help can be called Bloodbath.
Bloody help can be called Improved Bloodbath.
Blood Conversion can be called Red or Sanguine Conversion.

Injuries Curse can be called Wound or Paincurse.
Bloody Curse can be called Gash or Tormentcurse.

Red Sword can be called Red Blade.
Bloody Blade can be called Maroon Blade or Sanguine Blade.

Empathic shield can be called Florid Shield.
Empathic bloody shield is a long name. :P It can be called Sanguine Shield.

Sigh

Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16221#msg16221
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »
Wasn't there a topic where we were talking about a couple of elements, like one with machines and nobody knew what the other one would be? I think this would be a good counter to that, after all, machines rarely bleed. =P

bobcamel

Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16229#msg16229
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 05:11:07 pm »
But why new element

COMENTS ON ZE CRDS THEMSLEEVES

Globulas: Those are nice fast attackers, I'd even par them with Phase Spiders/Recluses. 

Oh, and I'd suggest that Bloody deals ATK of the creature to you instead on death, as losing 1-2 HP from death of those isn't afraiding.

Intestion: Practically free growers. I'd be usine.

BLOODY HORRORS: They're like the cheapest dragons around. Look into the other dragons and try to balance the cost.

Magesh: I guess those coud be useful sometimes, but when suggesting a new element, people tend to forget to establish links, and those would be particularly unviable in Mono decks.

Bloodtouch: The effect is a bit too costly for what it does. Sure, I'll deal a few extra points of damage when I kill the creature with it, assuming I cast it on the enemy's, but... for 4? Too pricey. I'd give 2 cost for both unup and up. Or make it make the target creature the blood element too, so it has synergy with the shield and Sacrificing Help.

Sachelp: All blood creatures, so enemy's too, if I make them so? It discourages Globulas, but would be fine with the Infections and if I Bloodtouch some of the enemy's creatures. Oh, and it may be a bit costly.

Conversion: Basically the Mage in a bottle. It's kind of pricy for what it does, and the up version could be useful for mutants.

Curses: The DoT effect is kind of weak on the unup, and the fact both of those deal damage to both players makes the cards not very likable. Would be useful if you had a source of healing.

Wepons: Useful effect, high price.

Shields: Touch of Blood is gaining uses rapidly. The shield is kind of alright.

slovenc555

Re: The ULTIMATE new synergizing element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1860.msg16240#msg16240
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 05:28:08 pm »
well... like the idea, but you do realize that it would need an counter- element, right? like threr is a counter for light (darkness), and a counter for deatd (life),a counter for air (earth) and so on... so guess you'll just have to make up another one XD. Also, you need to pair up an element, but since there is somekind of order right now, i guess they are going to be paired up both ways?

blarg: