*Author

zse

[Official] Dagger | Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg225244#msg225244
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:45:00 pm »

This topic is for Dirk, the upped form of Dagger, not Dagger!
Dagger itself is great for what it is, no need to change anything on it.
This card has been one of the least used cards in this game. There are couple of fun decks built on it, but that's about it. Normal ways of buffing card - reducing cost or increasing damage - don't really work on already 0-cost card that is themed being quite weak from the start. And for that reason I'm suggesting remaking for this card.

I've come up with 3 ways how it could be redone, another 6 were from other forum members:

1) Shadow Dagger Deal 1 (or 2) more damage if you have :death or :darkness mark.

2) Assassins Dagger Work only with :death or :darkness mark. ~30% change to deal 1 damage to a creature that damages you.

3) Parrying Dagger Boost to shield effect, reducing the damage dealt to you by 1. It wouldn't work against spells, maybe when *this weapon* is Animated.

4) Throwing Knife Sacrifice *this card*: snipe (deal 3 damage to target creature)

5) Dual Wield You could have this weapon simultaneously with another: 2x stacked on weapon slot, or second placed to shield slot, or this weapon would go into empty shield slot if weapon slot was already taken with any weapon.

6) Self Animate 1: Animate *this weapon*.

7) Dragon Blocker Block the single strongest attack each turn.

8 ) Weapon Blocker Your opponent's weapon deals no damage.

9) Cutpurse Gain :electrum every time you play this card.

10)  Nothing It's as good as it should be. 1524 :electrum for a card that is never used in a real deck is great bargain!

Titles and short descriptions were written by me. If there are any mistakes, misunderstandings or whatnot, please inform me so I can make needed changes.
1) Shadow Dagger Cost would stay 0, but it would deal 1 (or 2) more damage if you have  or  mark.
2) Assassins Dagger Again it would work only with  or  mark, but the effect would be different: it would have ~30% change to deal 1 damage to a creature that damages you. Effect wouldn't work when weapon is Animated, and it would be cumulative with Fire Shield.
3) Parrying Dagger Would work with any mark. It would work for attack as before, but also in defense. It would give additional boost to shield effect, by reducing the damage dealt to you by 1. It wouldn't work against spells, nor when weapon is Animated. *edit* Or maybe it should work even when animated. I mean what else would living defense-weapon do than protect it's owner?

What do you think? Is there any need for remaking Dirk? Is any of these 3 ideas worth more thinking? Do you have a better idea how to make Dirk better or worth playing?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:13:53 am by Treldon »

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg225293#msg225293
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:59:22 pm »
Other weapons deal
Unupped
2+cost damage
or 1+cost damage and 2 mark effect
or 1+cost and 1 mark ranged effect
Upgraded
double unupped base damage (+3 damage except for dirk)

Changing Dirk to get a +1 attack or the equivalent would be fair. However I would prefer to keep 2 vanilla (no effect) other weapons.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

twinsbuster

Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227184#msg227184
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:08:10 am »
this card is under use to an extend that people never remember it

my suggestion
1) add activate ability
sacrifice dagger: snipe (deal 3 damage to target creature)

2) double daggers
make dagger can stack in weapon slot up to 2, or can be placed in shield slot when weapon slot is equiped with dagger

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227185#msg227185
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:11:11 am »
Give it the ability to animate itself!

1: Animate Weapon

Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227187#msg227187
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:14:02 am »
Dagger was just meant to be a cheap weapon for newer players to stick in their weapon slots, regardless of elements used.
If people chose to upgrade it, that's their choice (they do see some use now), but it's primary use was as a filler for new players until they earned their rare weapon.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227191#msg227191
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:23:02 am »
I actually think the idea to make Dirk a Parrying Dagger instead is a pretty neat idea. I don't think it would be balanced as a free weapon, but if the upped version was just the parry effect with the base Dagger attack (2), then I could see a cost of 1-2 random quanta. Dagger should not receive any change, because it comes with every starter deck.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227198#msg227198
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 08:32:59 am »
Actually, that's a neat idea.

What about "Block the single strongest attack each turn."?

That would be an interesting and fun buff =]

Offline ArtCrusade

• Reputation Power: 7
  • ArtCrusade is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Join the ArtCrusade!
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227201#msg227201
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 08:37:23 am »
I like Parrying Dagger! I agree that the unupped shouldn't be touched.
My art:         deviantArt
My poetry:    Writing.com

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227215#msg227215
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 09:52:06 am »
Parrying Dagger: Your opponent's weapon deals no damage.

Pwnd.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227216#msg227216
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 09:53:12 am »
Parrying Dagger: Your opponent's weapon deals no damage.

Pwnd.
Perfect Discord/Arsenic/Stiletto counter =O

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227228#msg227228
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 10:16:30 am »
This is just a plain weapon. It's cheap, it's for new players, and also it has low stealability. I would never use it now, but that doesn't mean it is bad. You could even use it as a decoy. Advanced players have all kinds of rare weapons to choose from. They will never go with this. The parrying function is great, however i think that would make it one of the most used weapons in game, so, no.
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Offline ArtCrusade

• Reputation Power: 7
  • ArtCrusade is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Join the ArtCrusade!
Re: Dirk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17682.msg227433#msg227433
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »
So instead of getting a useful card off a never used one, lets just ignore the fact that it needs a change and dance in circles around Pulverizer and Eternity!

I sense great logic in you, young padawan.
My art:         deviantArt
My poetry:    Writing.com

anything
blarg: