*Author

Scaredgirl

Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg217960#msg217960
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:59:33 am »
Skill Trees

Here is the original discussion about skills: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,16844.0.html

Ok, I made a new plan. Here are the tiers explained from top to bottom.

TIER 4
This is the same from all elements. Basically if you have all the previous skills, you can learn the final skill, Champion. I don't yet know what it does, but it's going to be epic.

TIER 3
Tier 3 has two skills. There are basically two different paths, and Tier 3 is the end of these two paths. For example :Gravity Tier 3 could be um.. Engineer and Cyborg. The two paths both have a different theme, for example the path of the Engineer is focused around building stuff like siege weapons, and repairing and upgrading city defenses.

TIER 2
If you want to learn skill 6, you first need to lead skills 1 and 2 on the lower Tier. If you want to learn skill 10 (Tier 3), you need to learn skills 6 and 7 on this Tier.

TIER 1
There are no requirements for picking Tier 1 skills. This is why they are not that powerful. Note: Skill 3 can be used to advance both paths.

Link to page: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AgB8fZX7y8kydEVwOGlLYlI4dVI4eEUwaHlpOElRNkE&hl=en&output=html

When leveling up, you have a choice between specializing on one element and maybe becoming a "Champion", or taking skills from multiple different elements and becoming well-rounded.

What happens next?
Now is you chance to help out. Here's what we need next:

We need to come up with 2 paths for each of the 13 skill trees.

Here are some of my ideas:

:aether Phase Shifter
 :air
 :darkness Dark Prince/Princess
 :death Necromancer
 :earth
 :entropy Trickster
 :fire Firestarter
 :gravity Engineer, Cyborg
 :life Elder, Shaman
 :light Lightbringer, Chosen One
 :time Clockmaker, Scholar
 :water
 :underworld Smugler, Assassin

Posting specific skills ideas is not needed at this point. We first need the 26 different paths, then we can build skills around the theme of those paths.

Post comments and suggestions. Thanks.

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg217965#msg217965
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:06:20 am »
You aren't capped on only choosing one path right? You can get all of the lower tier, and then get all of the next tier, and so on right?

EDIT: Nevermind. Stupid question since you'd have to in order to gain the final skill.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg217968#msg217968
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 10:10:10 am »
I like it, but this brings up three questions:

1) Does each tree have 12 DIFFERENT skills? O_o (So Fear, Undead, March, etc. for :death?) If so, this might be a little complicated to think about 12 unique skills for each element, but then I suppose it would also be very interesting to see how diverse these skills could be for individual elements... :)

2) Should there be a limit for how many tiers of an element you can reach? For example, if I (as a Time player) were to get to Tier 4 (Champion) for the Time skills, should I also be able to reach the same level for another Element? Or should I just be automatically disqualified from being the Champion of (insert element here) because I'm already a Champion for Time?

3) In order to become a Champion for an element, one must then learn all of the skills of a chosen element, correct?

...that said, I purpose that Champions should be given a special long-ranged 'Disaster' skill for their final ability, as that could be the epiphany of what a Champion (I need to find another word for that XD) elemental can do. :P Floods, sandstorms, and volcanic eruptions anyone?

Daxx

Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg217971#msg217971
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:18:45 am »
I will get to writing some ideas for these later, and I'll see if I can fit Dragoon's ideas into a Tier system.

Scaredgirl

Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg217973#msg217973
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:19:41 am »
I like it, but this brings up three questions:

1) Does each tree have 12 DIFFERENT skills? O_o (So Fear, Undead, March, etc. for :death?) If so, this might be a little complicated to think about 12 unique skills for each element, but then I suppose it would also be very interesting to see how diverse these skills could be for individual elements... :)

2) Should there be a limit for how many tiers of an element you can reach? For example, if I (as a Time player) were to get to Tier 4 (Champion) for the Time skills, should I also be able to reach the same level for another Element? Or should I just be automatically disqualified from being the Champion of (insert element here) because I'm already a Champion for Time?

3) In order to become a Champion for an element, one must then learn all of the skills of a chosen element, correct?

...that said, I purpose that Champions should be given a special long-ranged 'Disaster' skill for their final ability, as that could be the epiphany of what a Champion (I need to find another word for that XD) elemental can do. :P Floods, sandstorms, and volcanic eruptions anyone?
1. They don't all have to be unique. We have two ways to avoid having to come up with 156 different skills.

First method is to use different levels of the same skill. For example Undead I, Undead II, etc.

Second method is to have skills that all elements have. Champion is one example of this. Champion on :death gets some kind of bonus to soemthing, Champion of :life gets the same bonus but for :life, etc.

2. Why not? I see no reason why you couldn't be a Champion in two different elements. Although that would mean a very high level which will probably never happen.

3. Yes.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg218052#msg218052
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 02:18:20 pm »
I have actually been brainstorming for another area of the forums, which is a type of story that is to be collaboratively made, Elements High.

I was thinking that Masters of each Element would have some skills, as they are Masters of their element. There is some clear overlap in terms of what the skills in WoE could be and maybe of what they will be and as such will present what I have thus far for Masters of Elements.

I'll post more later, but for now one can consider these:
  • Master of :aether Aether:
      Teleportation [Self][Other][Object]
    Access Dimension
    [/li]Create Portal[/li][/list][/li][li]Master of :air Air:
      Flight
      [/li]Sound Distortion
      [/li]Asphyxiation
      [/li]Wind Carry *(aether)
      [/li]Wind Push *(aether)[/li][/list][/li][li]Master of :darkness Darkness:
        Demoralize
        [/li]Induce Fear
        [/li]Darkness Shroud[/li][/list][/li][/list]will continue later...

*While a manipulation of one element can assist you in that skill, another Element may be able to interrupt or overpower that skill due to that skill being specifically related to their element.
        WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Scaredgirl

Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg218104#msg218104
        « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 04:50:16 pm »
        I have actually been brainstorming for another area of the forums, which is a type of story that is to be collaboratively made, Elements High.

I was thinking that Masters of each Element would have some skills, as they are Masters of their element. There is some clear overlap in terms of what the skills in WoE could be and maybe of what they will be and as such will present what I have thus far for Masters of Elements.

I'll post more later, but for now one can consider these:
        • Master of :aether Aether:
            Teleportation [Self][Other][Object]
          Access Dimension
          [/li]Create Portal[/li][/list][/li][li]Master of :air Air:
            Flight
            [/li]Sound Distortion
            [/li]Asphyxiation
            [/li]Wind Carry *(aether)
            [/li]Wind Push *(aether)[/li][/list][/li][li]Master of :darkness Darkness:
              Demoralize
              [/li]Induce Fear
              [/li]Darkness Shroud[/li][/list][/li][/list]will continue later...

*While a manipulation of one element can assist you in that skill, another Element may be able to interrupt or overpower that skill due to that skill being specifically related to their element.
              Before you go any further, I must warn you that Masters do not get any special treatment in WoE. They start out as regular players like everyone else.

WoE has a King that will probably be chosen by a vote.

I like the sound of some of those ideas though. Perhaps we can use them as regular skills?

I made some changes to skill trees. You can now click the tab at the bottom to change between :life and :death.

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
              • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
              • In high orbit
              • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
              Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg218154#msg218154
              « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 05:58:27 pm »
              I believe that the two paths should be caster and fighter: mastering both will make you a champion of your element.
              How would these affect the fights.. now that's something I don't know. :)

Scaredgirl

Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg218175#msg218175
              « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 06:39:06 pm »
              I believe that the two paths should be caster and fighter: mastering both will make you a champion of your element.
              How would these affect the fights.. now that's something I don't know. :)
              Yes, this is the basic idea. Caster, Fighter.. Healer, Damager, etc. Basically paths would be either opposite or very different.

After 1,5 hours and 100,000 clicks, I have finally managed to add all 13 tabs. You can access them at the bottom of the image.

Now all we need is those skills. :)

Scaredgirl

Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg218195#msg218195
              « Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 07:14:18 pm »
              Ok I added a bunch of skills. No explanations yet on what these skills actually do. :) Oh and nothing is final. Some of those skills were made up by me on the spot.

Next I will go through all the ideas posted by others and take what I can use.

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
              • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
              • In high orbit
              • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
              Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg218253#msg218253
              « Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 08:59:59 pm »
              Some thoughts about those:

- Please change the Entropy skill background color! It burns my eyes. :|

- Righteousness: I kind of disagree with elements having an alignment. I understand that Light is generally considered 'good' but that's only because its opposite, Darkness, is considered evil as many people fear(ed) the unknown. Elements are supposed to be forces of nature, therefor without alignment.

- Give the resurrection and the heal spells to Life. It's life after all. Alchemy to Water?

- :death: Change lich to Death Knight or something like that? If you want a caster and a fighter class, that is. Not sure about the fear. Perhaps it could use some poison.

Skill ideas (mostly low-level):
              :water
              Manipulate Water (I?)
              This skill allows you to manipulate the basic properties of water, like its temperature and form.
              [Form ice, boil water and such]

Manipulate Water II (or a different skill? Bend Water?)
              This skill allows you to move and manipulate an amount of water depending on your level.
              [make tricks with water, shower someone with icecubes, water plants, etc. Level-dependant so that you can't make whole tsunamis at a low-level. Higher level elementals could make floodings, rains, other bigger things.]

:aether
              Lightning Strike
              Etherealness

:time
              Precognition

:light
              Manipulate Light/Being of Light (Allows you to manipulate and use Light for whatever you wish. Make/remove sources of light, etc.)
              Flash of Light (A flash of light that blinds everyone around you.)
              Aura of Light (You have been exposed to too much radiation! You glow in the dark. :D)

:darkness
              Vampirism

:death
              Poison

:entropy
              Paradox
              Mutation

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
              • Reputation Power: 32
              • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
              • hello pls
              • Awards: War III Promo Winner
              Re: Skill Trees - New and Improved! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17109.msg218275#msg218275
              « Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 09:39:40 pm »
              I think I fit the bill for clockmaker quite well :D

Some more ideas:
              :entropy Scramble: all non-entropy players in the same hex are hit with a random effect*
              *more about this later

:water Submerge: If there is water terrain present on the hex you are on, you cannot be attacked

:time Repeat: you can now perform 1 more action this turn.

I got some more too, i'll jot them down later when I finish my homework ;)
              I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

blarg: