*Author

Offline Captain ScibraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Smash, Eat, Charge, Repeat https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg202507#msg202507
« on: November 16, 2010, 09:28:11 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 745 745 74b 74b 74b 74b 74b 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 77d 77d 77d 77f 77f 77f 77f 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pm

Overhauled the thread with just the main version, which is excellent for PvP.  Only particularly weak to Discord and Lobo spells, on a decent draw of Otyughs creatures go crying.

Even strong enough to take on some of the False Gods:
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg203189#msg203189
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:57:15 pm »
i think you could drop a pulverizer, maybe 2 if you feel lucky, but three feels unneeded. maybe drop a charger to?
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

• Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg217815#msg217815
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 03:56:40 am »
i think you could drop a pulverizer, maybe 2 if you feel lucky, but three feels unneeded. maybe drop a charger to?
Well perhaps drop a pulverizer, but to be honest having 3 makes me feel almost safe that I will get one early enough on most occasions when its needed.  All Chargers stay for me but do what you want, for (ironically) control really can get this deck, especially creature control for creature count here is rather lacking.  It's also very balanced, for I have yet to have bad draw streaks, so I think it's good as is.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.

Xelax

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg243583#msg243583
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 12:37:27 am »
It's a pvp deck I'm guessing. Looks reasonably solid/reliable, although a little bit slow. Easily outrushed. The black holes will slow down the rainbows perhaps, but not so much monos, and you probably will need the time to keep up.
Maybe try adding some QuickSands? You've got the Earth quanta for it. Replace a Pulvy and maybe an oty and Heavy armour for them?

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg243665#msg243665
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:03:59 am »
It's a pvp deck I'm guessing. Looks reasonably solid/reliable, although a little bit slow. Easily outrushed. The black holes will slow down the rainbows perhaps, but not so much monos, and you probably will need the time to keep up.
Maybe try adding some QuickSands? You've got the Earth quanta for it. Replace a Pulvy and maybe an oty and Heavy armour for them?
Yes it is supposed to be PvP (edited to orignal post), and its meant to be rather slow killing, for its basis is slowing your opponent down more.  Plus after using it I kind of got a kick out of slowly killing your opponent (even better when they ragequit early).  It's not exactly meant to be used against rushes, but if you get an Otyugh out 2nd turn, and another soon, there's a decent chance you can stop most rush decks, though if they are smart they may just ambush you, if not they usually ragequit.

On the idea about Quicksand, I will be honest and say I have never really tried it in this particular style of the deck.  I didn't feel it was really a necessary card when I decided to limit the amount of Earth cards and make it majorly Gravity.  If I ever felt he needed his quanta gain removed usually I would just wack away with my Pulverizers.  Also I'm trying to take into account almost every situation, and QS when late or against pillarless could be a problem.  Maybe that's thinking a bit too in depth, for I have heard many times "don't try to build it for every situation," but I kinda did and I nailed it pretty good, though rushes/ambushes of course are still a problem.  An idea to deal with those was to maybe try to add sundials for an extra turn of eating his monsters and healing each.  Now if only I could use the draw feature...

piepieple

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg244310#msg244310
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 02:47:05 am »
i would suggest an animate possibly?

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg244316#msg244316
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 02:54:34 am »
i would suggest an animate possibly?
Hmmm thats actually a good idea... I think I'm gonna get right to seeing if I can squeeze one or two in.

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg244321#msg244321
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:18 am »
It will take a while to play Pulvy, perhaps use pendulums instead? CCYB can screw this deck, antimatter will hurt a lot against you're impossibly strong Otyughs and you're chargers as well

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg244323#msg244323
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 03:01:16 am »
It will take a while to play Pulvy, perhaps use pendulums instead? CCYB can screw this deck, antimatter will hurt a lot against you're impossibly strong Otyughs and you're chargers as well
If you notice, I have some pendulums in there already.  Well rainbows in general aren't that big of a deal, but CCYB it can depend.  When against a few decks, its a race to whoever gets the control over that area first.  The thing I am trying to make clear about the idea of this deck is that spell control is lame.  Use of skills and abilities is much better because they can be used more than once, if at all. 

tinyguy

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg244330#msg244330
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 03:08:23 am »
u could drop 1 pulvy for another oty, because having more than 2 weapons in a 30 card deck will cause drawing a further pulvy the equivalent of drawing a dead card. Unless you are guarding against steals or deflags, i dun think having 3 pulvies is a good idea. anyway, great deck overall. ^-^

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg244659#msg244659
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »
u could drop 1 pulvy for another oty, because having more than 2 weapons in a 30 card deck will cause drawing a further pulvy the equivalent of drawing a dead card. Unless you are guarding against steals or deflags, i dun think having 3 pulvies is a good idea. anyway, great deck overall. ^-^
Again I like that 3 gives me a safe feeling of an early draw of one, I'm willing to trade that for the others becoming dead once one is in play, but as mentioned above I may try squeezing an animate or two in so that doesn't happen.

Xelax

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg246788#msg246788
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 08:37:33 pm »
I've never truly understood the kick of getting people to quit. I mean, you still have to play the rest of the game. Pissing people off doesn't quite replace winning.
Have you tested this in a real pvp, or only in AI3?

blarg: Malebolgia