*Author

Offline Captain ScibraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg248811#msg248811
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 04:00:10 am »
I've never truly understood the kick of getting people to quit. I mean, you still have to play the rest of the game. Pissing people off doesn't quite replace winning.
Have you tested this in a real pvp, or only in AI3?
People ragequitting is just humorous to only certain people.  I've tested this in real PvP, and it's had a decent win ratio.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Brownbear

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg260218#msg260218
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 03:52:22 am »
What happens when you have four pulverizers in one hand. Better safe then sorry only applies when safety doesn't contradict something of equal or greater importance.

• Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg260230#msg260230
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 04:02:08 am »
What happens when you have four pulverizers in one hand. Better safe then sorry only applies when safety doesn't contradict something of equal or greater importance.
Basing a conclusion off because a bad hand can occur isn't really reasonable, since bad hands are always likely to happen, no matter the deck; though it is true that this deck can have bad draws more often since it is rather diverse.  Besides I wouldn't feel too guilty about tossing one or two Pulverizers in certain situations if I were forced to discard.  Permanent control doesn't really require too much stressing as does creature control based on the amount of each used, but it can be a largely contributing factor if you have it.  The deck is built such that you are likely to draw one early, and I can only try to fix it in regards to the Pulverizer count with the addition of Animates.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.

Brownbear

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg260235#msg260235
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 04:04:48 am »
So defensive. I didn't say this deck would fail now did I? How well does this deck do against another stall deck, especially the time one.

Re: Heavy Metal (earth/gravity control/stall) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg260258#msg260258
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 04:31:55 am »
Well it does pretty good against some stall decks, but it can have its issues because it's not a typical stall.  Most stalls are either built for deckout or OTK, but this is low damage stalling.  It is capable of stopping stalls if you know what to do, and kind of hope for the best hand it will give you, but a typical tactic tends to be imitating a Quicksand with the multitude of Pulverizers, which can work against certain tactics, especially quanta draining spells like Miracle, and if the stall is one of those quanta-accumulating ones like Firestall.  Time, yes, can be an issue but it's that situation where I would be okay with only using one Pulverizer and discarding the rest and the Animates if needed.  With the stress of using skills instead of spells, having that one card tends to be enough in its respectful purpose, but having more if you can take advantage of it is always good too, especially in the case of needing a spare, or in the case of multiple Otyughs being useful against fractals and speedy rushes.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Heavy Metal (Gravity/Earth Control Deck Series) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg261535#msg261535
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 11:26:32 pm »
Oh hai thar.

The Rainbow Hater could use and obviously like lots of those "Amber Nymphs". I haven't tested yet, but your rainbow hater hates the hating of hating rainbow, but doesn't hates enough. Of course, the BH's you have ATM will allow stalling but won't give you a full denial.

"Hidden" (name to come? I'll call it Fast Pulvy from now on.)

Fast Pulvy isn't... fast?I mean, it gets that pulvy out allright, but it just.. stays there. There is no animate. Your pulvy just stays there. You could maybe cut the SoG's by 1 or 2 and then make a few pends earth pillars, and add a dragon of each element. You'll have enough to play them because the deck is fully upped, and the pends + the possibility of using the earth pillars will speed up the usage by a lot.

"The Weight Just Flies Away"

Probably make a good use of SoR's. They would make it so the pulvy's skill cost is 0, and also take out the need of lots of those Gravity Pends, leaving you open for more gravity pillars and to put more offensive in said side of the deck (Gravity). Another idea could be to make it so that you have more pulvy's and oty's, with SoR's and 3 SoG's with heavy armors to control the board and the Permanent side of your opponent quickly, healing somewhat slowly, but the control you'll get from the board could be enough. I dunno, haven't tested, but it's a good idea none-the-less, but while the strategy is somewhat faster, since it will take control of the opponents board, it might make the deck much slower in a way.

"In The Name of Quartic Control, Halt!" (I'll just call it Quartet.)

Isn't bad, but needs some more attack power. It'll take forever to kill the opponent with only 8 attacking creatures, 5 of which could remain at 0-2 during the whole game.
Again, a SoR wouldn't be bad, and maybe you could try to take advantage of the Sundial's skill by adding a RoL as fooder of light quanta and fooder as.. well, fooder of the oty.

Re: Heavy Metal (Gravity/Earth Control Deck Series) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg261901#msg261901
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 01:23:31 pm »
Oh hai thar.

The Rainbow Hater could use and obviously like lots of those "Amber Nymphs". I haven't tested yet, but your rainbow hater hates the hating of hating rainbow, but doesn't hates enough. Of course, the BH's you have ATM will allow stalling but won't give you a full denial.

"Hidden" (name to come? I'll call it Fast Pulvy from now on.)

Fast Pulvy isn't... fast?I mean, it gets that pulvy out allright, but it just.. stays there. There is no animate. Your pulvy just stays there. You could maybe cut the SoG's by 1 or 2 and then make a few pends earth pillars, and add a dragon of each element. You'll have enough to play them because the deck is fully upped, and the pends + the possibility of using the earth pillars will speed up the usage by a lot.

"The Weight Just Flies Away"

Probably make a good use of SoR's. They would make it so the pulvy's skill cost is 0, and also take out the need of lots of those Gravity Pends, leaving you open for more gravity pillars and to put more offensive in said side of the deck (Gravity). Another idea could be to make it so that you have more pulvy's and oty's, with SoR's and 3 SoG's with heavy armors to control the board and the Permanent side of your opponent quickly, healing somewhat slowly, but the control you'll get from the board could be enough. I dunno, haven't tested, but it's a good idea none-the-less, but while the strategy is somewhat faster, since it will take control of the opponents board, it might make the deck much slower in a way.

"In The Name of Quartic Control, Halt!" (I'll just call it Quartet.)

Isn't bad, but needs some more attack power. It'll take forever to kill the opponent with only 8 attacking creatures, 5 of which could remain at 0-2 during the whole game.
Again, a SoR wouldn't be bad, and maybe you could try to take advantage of the Sundial's skill by adding a RoL as fooder of light quanta and fooder as.. well, fooder of the oty.
The Rainbow Hater I could probably try and center around some Gravity Nymphs, but sadly the issue with that would be that it would need a good number of them, which obviously not too many people have on hand.  But I suppose I could make a deck with the Trainer that could be worth going for if you are a hardened tournament veteran.  The problem that this deck is stressing is basing the number of Otyughs, Pulverizers, and Towers/Pendulums on speed of playing those cards theoretically as fast as possible, which means to get a Nymph out fast on most occasions you want a good number in your deck, probably would go three to five for early probable draw.  My Signature has the theory and formula for making such decks, and it uses The Weight Just Flies Away as the example since it was the newest version at the time of developing the theory.  Also can have the shields removed to make room for more important cards, since I rarely have a problem with high hp creatures such as Phase and Massive Dragons (God forbid they be used if they get that +1|+20 buff), and small annoyances such as Voodoo Dolls and Armagios. 

The Nameless can actually have the shields removed, as with the Rainbow Hater. 

The Weight Just Flies Away May be able to use some SoR, I could replace the Chargers as I did with the Quartet, but not necessarily all SoR, but then again that is the likely result.  The pendulums however are what speeds up my Earth gains, which helps speed up playing and Animating more Pulverizers, and on the theory stated earlier they can be used to put the first pulvy in play one turn early than with the mark alone, which can be crucial.

Quartic, in my opinion it doesn't need the power.  With the control, I would assume that you would be able to remove what healing there is efficiently, and the previous versions never really used 30 cards on most games, unless I had a horrible hand with Half Bloods or we manage to kill each other's damage so that it's a deckout competition, so you have some good leeway.  The only issue would be against high hp deckouts, which in any case you are better off rushing than making a more damaging control deck.  Not that it's that easy, but if you play it smart, say smack away at pillars when the opponent has some quanta-accumulation tactic like stone skin, or to shut down to use of Miracle after the first use, you can do enough damage to consider it a walk in the park after initiating solid control.  Also being that it's anti-rush, and I'm really not sure how it works against stalls, but it probably does sufficiently against balanced decks.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Heavy Metal (Gravity/Earth Control Deck Series) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg263707#msg263707
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 10:49:27 pm »
i don't like the last one much, it just seems like to few creatures for such a big deck.
But seeing how you only need one oty to pretty much secure most lockdowns, i can see it working.

How smoothly doest this play on a good/bad/average draw?
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Re: Heavy Metal (Gravity/Earth Control Deck Series) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg263724#msg263724
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 11:24:47 pm »
i don't like the last one much, it just seems like to few creatures for such a big deck.
But seeing how you only need one oty to pretty much secure most lockdowns, i can see it working.

How smoothly doest this play on a good/bad/average draw?
Well the idea is fast-paced lockdown, and then you can slowly kill with the nourished Otyughs and multiple Pulverizers.  It does however sometimes cut it close, but I have honestly only lost 1 with deckout ( the ****er only had 5hp left!) but I have also had to win only 1 with deckout (it was a tie against Firestall, and he drew first, therefore he decked out first).  I've never really payed attention to it's reliability with starting hands, though the build fits my theory (link in Signature) that it will on be able to play an Otyugh 2nd turn and Pulverizer 4th turn.  The rest of the cards I really just threw in there as support, and so far the ratio seems like it's at its best.  Most of the time, even with a seemingly bad draw I have managed to wiggle out of even rushes and even EM them from the brink of death (I had <5hp at one point when I tested it against Essence's t50 Darkness rush, the Sundials made a huge difference, and to think I was screwed when I only had 1 Tower for the first few turns :)) )

Offline YawnChainHow

• Reputation Power: 9
  • YawnChainHow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Tees no longer available for purchase
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Heavy Metal (Gravity/Earth Control Deck Series) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg278924#msg278924
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 09:54:54 am »
With 1.27 on the horizon, I believe all of these decks are worth looking at again. A plump, midgame Otyugh offers itself as one of the best targets in the game for Overdrive, and solves the predicament of needing to add Chargers just to have a reliable damage source. It's "The Weight Just Flies Away" that I'm really interested in, as Otyugh, Heavy Armor, and Overdrive come together rather nicely. The spare flying Pulverizers do come with a good bit of HP as well, and Overdrive can put that to good use too.

I did try making a deck based around this concept, but perhaps I was heading in the wrong direction, trying to do a 30 card deck, when the answer was here all along. I think I'll have some fun in the Trainer with this.

Re: Heavy Metal (Gravity/Earth Control Deck Series) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg279138#msg279138
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 06:56:58 pm »
Yeah I was really wondering if I could fit any newer Gravity or Earth cards in, and Overdrive was a definite consideration.  Also if I add that it could help with being a Lobo spell (those are annoying, but useful).  but I might add Armagios for that purpose.  This might also be a solution to damage denials.  I probably should get to testing an improvement to "The Weight Just Flies Away" that has Overdrive in it.  Going to do that now actually.

And a 40 card size seemed perfect, though it probably could be reduced.  A need though would be to find some sort of unupgraded version for Rainbow Hater and HHDD, since they don't include the "other"-costing off-element cards.  I need to work on that as well so it's more newb freindly, though that is going to be a challenge since it can depend heavily on the 5hp of the Otyugh and +6 of the armor.

Here's the current idea:

Code: [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 746 746 74b 74b 74b 74b 74b 74i 74i 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 77d 77d 77d 77f 77f 77f 77f 7n2 7n2 7n2
Currently only working with the space with the removed Chargers, but other cards may see a ratio change.

Tested it a little, and it appears to be slower on Half Bloods, but it has some notable advantages, one big one being minor damage spells arent as effective with the Armagios and plump Otyughs having such high hp.

Re: Heavy Metal (Gravity/Earth Control Deck Series) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15792.msg303509#msg303509
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 10:51:37 pm »
*shameless bump*

anything
blarg: