*Author

Offline GlitchTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Confirmed Bugs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173269#msg173269
« on: October 09, 2010, 04:58:45 am »
Here is a the list of every known bug so far.  If you post a thread about one of these bugs, I'll lock it and reference this post.

1.  Desynch
Symptoms:  Your opponent's deck, cards, health, and quanta keep changing rapidly.  Both players disagree about what happened.
Causes:  Various reasons.  If you lag too much, the computer will take over for you, causing problems on your opponent's end.  There is also a known bug with the PVP system.  By pulling a three man monty, and challenging each other in a triangle, all sorts of no good shenanigans happen.  Other known causes of desynch include voodoo doll shenanigans, playing flying weapon with no weapon in play, using cards that require very repetitious animation, and having a tie game.  Zanz is currently working on fixing this.  If this error occurs, post here. (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,2221.0.html)

2.  Instawin
Symptoms:  You're playing a normal game, then the screen flashes and black squares show up and you instantly win.
Causes:  Not only is this an exploit, but it's not exactly known what causes this.  Various causes are suspected.  Zanz is currently working on fixing this.

3.  Invincibility?
Symptoms:  Your health (or your opponents) drops below zero but you still survive.
Causes:  This bug is an EXPLOIT and as such will not be detailed here.  Thanks Zeru <3

4.  Health Bar Isn't Accurate
Symptoms:  Your (or your opponent's) health bar isn't colored yellow corresponding to the damage you or it is about to receive or deal.
Causes:  Momentum + Shield.  Adrenaline.  Antimatter.  Zanz is currently working on fixing this.

5.  Quantum Count Isn't Accurate
Symptoms:  You being the game with quanta.
Causes:  The card "sanctuary" says your quanta can't change.  Right now, due to a miscode in sanctuary, if you end a game with one it play, it protects your quanta from the reset between games.  For the most part this is fixed before the game begins.

6.  Poison counters aren't accurate
Symptoms:  Weird shenanigans.  Perhaps being effected by neurotoxin despite having purified yourself, or perhaps having a 0 counter, or, even stranger, having 5 purify counters and still being effected by neurotoxin.
Causes:  Playing purify versus neurotoxin.  Zanz is currently working on fixing this.

7.  Antipoison
Symptoms:  Your health remains at a constant number despite being poisoned to death repeatedly.
Causes:  If the only creature you have in play is antimattered, it attacks at the same time poison does, meaning poison sends your opponent's health down to zero just before it heals them back up to whatever the antimattered attack is. 

8.  Drawing Mindgates
Symptoms:  Drawing your opponents deck with mindgate, seeing your next card a turn early, never decking out.
Causes:  If you use Mindgate's ability in the brief period between the draw animation and the new card adding to your hand, you will instead draw your opponents next card.  (Note: occasionally your deck count will remain the same), and the card from your drawing animation will remain on top of your deck.  In summary, you see your next card, you never deck out, you draw your opponents deck with mindgate.

9.  Rapid Draw problems
Symptoms:  Not drawing a card you should have, despite having room for it in hand.  Being forced to discard an invisible 99 cost card.
Causes:  If you use card draw abilities like mind gate, electrum hourglass, and precognition, too close together, an error occurs.  If you are looking at extended card art by mousing over a card while a card is drawn, that card will magically disappear.  As the game keeps track of your cards in hand separately, the game will think you have an extra invisible card in hand, and force you to discard it if necessary.

10.  Rapid Click Problems
Symptoms:  Playing cards for free, playing an infinite number of cards, discarding more than one card, and various other illegal game moves.
Causes:  This is an exploit, and as such, will not be explained in detail.  Please slow down when clicking to avoid problems.  Zanz is currently trying to find the optimal pause between clicks.

11.  Freeze/Basilisk Blood Stacking
Symptoms:  A stunned or frozen creature may still use it's ability
Causes:  When you use the freeze spell on a stunned card, or the basilisk's blood card on a frozen card, the end of status of one effect supersedes the status of the other, giving it a free turn.  Zanz is currently working on fixing this.

12.  Burrow/Quintessence
Burrowing a creature after it is made Immaterial by Quintessence or Anubis' ability removes the permanent immaterial status, replacing it with the burrowed effect. When the creature unburrows, it is no longer immaterial and can be targeted like any other creature, but the immaterial symbol (round Time mark) still remains. This may be intended, but is, at the very least, a visual bug.

13.  Downgrading Phoenix
Symptoms:  Your upgraded phoenix randomly becomes an unupgraded phoenix.
Causes:  As this bug is an exploit (a bug that is beneficial to the person who causes it), I will not post how to do it at this time.

14.  Smart Flies
Symptoms:  Sundial doesn't stop fireflies from giving light quanta
Causes:  While sundial stops damage, it drops creatures attacks to zero.  As such, with adrenaline, creatures attack five times.  Things like poison and light generation still happen.

15.  Stupid Cells
Symptoms:  Creatures with Aflatoxin dying but not summoning malignant cells.
Causes:  If a creature dies for a reason other than poison, and it's aflatoxin'd, that death supersedes the aflatoxin death, and a cell doesn't appear.

16.  Fast Fahrenheit
Symptoms:  A delayed Fahrenheit still does damage
Causes:  When you delay a voodoo doll, the opponent's weapon gets that same effect.  This works with freeze and adrenaline as well.  Fahrenheit deals damage despite being delayed.  Zanz is currently working on fixing this.

17.  Frozen Weapon
Symptoms:  Your weapon becomes frozen despite your opponent having no frozen voodoo dolls
Causes:  Mutant voodoo dolls give their passive abilities to the opponent's creature occupying the same spot.  This causes many bugs, including frozen, adrenalized, and delayed weapons.  It is not known why this occurs.  Zanz is currently working on fixing it.

18.  Small Deck
Symptoms:  You (or your opponent) plays a deck with under 30 cards.  This allows them to sometimes draw cards they didn't pack in their deck, normally the unupgraded form of their upgraded cards, and lets their deck count drop below 0.
Causes:  This is an exploit and an unfortunately well known one.  If you see this, the user is cheating. 

19.  Strong Blackhole
Symptoms:  Your opponent gains life despite not destroying any quanta.
Causes:  Currently sanctuary is programmed to prevent the destruction of quanta.  However, black hole doesn't recognize sanctuary, and heals as though it did destroy the quanta.

20.  Stupid AI
Symptoms:  Your opponent plays flying weapon with a full field, killing it.  Your opponent starts antimattering malignant cells, healing you. 
Causes:  AI is really hard to program.  Zanz is constantly working on fixing this.

If I forgot anything, please link me to the thread.  Formatting and other important stuff to come at some not 1:00 A.M. point in time.

Offline bored_ninja777

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173273#msg173273
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:04:01 am »
Thats a pretty nice list, some i knew some i didnt.

I would say Graveyard vs Incarnate? i think it was.. It does the same thing as the voodoo ability. If your field is full and they have graveyard out it wont summon a skeleton even though space is there because it is going off of your field instead.
~McPasty was here~

Offline GlitchTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173274#msg173274
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:07:26 am »
Thats a pretty nice list, some i knew some i didnt.

I would say Graveyard vs Incarnate? i think it was.. It does the same thing as the voodoo ability. If your field is full and they have graveyard out it wont summon a skeleton even though space is there because it is going off of your field instead.
First rule of the forbidden bug, we do not talk about the forbidden bug.

Seriously though, I was so confused by that I didn't get into it at all.  SG will get pretty pissed if you share the wrong exploits with a noob.

Offline bored_ninja777

• bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173276#msg173276
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 05:09:45 am »
dont think its really forbidden? i saw it in many places in bug reports.. its the same as the voodoo one is all.. just graveyard instead of a mutated creatures ability. i think it only happens against incarnate. you cant really prevent it it just happens if your field is full. idk if it was fixed yet or not.
~McPasty was here~

Offline Malignant

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Satan Claus
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st True Slayer of GodsSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #2 EventWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173278#msg173278
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 05:11:24 am »
I thought Zanz said that the Nightfall/Eclipse bug is fixed?

Mastermind79

Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173292#msg173292
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 05:46:53 am »
#9 is because the Fahrenheit deals extra damage from its ability, and i know for sure that devourers still steal quanta when they're delayed, so maybe the ability is triggering for Fahrenheit too?

Offline chum3

• Reputation Power: 4
  • chum3 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173333#msg173333
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 08:15:13 am »
For #2 on your list: you can add Phase Shield doesn't accurately show the yellow bar damage (i.e., when I play Phase Shield, the yellow bar with the amount of damage on the field still shows even though I'm protected for 3 turns).

suxerz

Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173383#msg173383
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 12:18:47 pm »
Congrats for becoming the official bug hunter. :)

6.  Freeze/Quintessence Stacking
Symptoms:  Unfreezing a frozen creature
Causes:  For unknown reasons, when a creature is giving quintessence, it is unfrozen.
Is this really a bug? I always thought it was intentional.

I believe there are some weird bugs regarding neurotoxin and purify counter. I've posted this here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,9581.msg172206#msg172206) (post #20 & #22). I guess no one seems to be bother about it at that time or my comments are too confusing. Either way, I'm just throwing it here and would be happy to discuss it further if needed.

Offline bored_ninja777

Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173397#msg173397
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 01:00:03 pm »
Congrats for becoming the official bug hunter. :)

6.  Freeze/Quintessence Stacking
Symptoms:  Unfreezing a frozen creature
Causes:  For unknown reasons, when a creature is giving quintessence, it is unfrozen.
Is this really a bug? I always thought it was intentional.

I believe there are some weird bugs regarding neurotoxin and purify counter. I've posted this here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,9581.msg172206#msg172206) (post #20 & #22). I guess no one seems to be bother about it at that time or my comments are too confusing. Either way, I'm just throwing it here and would be happy to discuss it further if needed.
from what ive seen in other posts yes you are right, the quint unfreezing is intentional
~McPasty was here~

deepdown

Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173407#msg173407
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 01:43:19 pm »
I don't know if anyone posted this before: don't get surprised if you antimatter a flying Fahrenheit, and it still causes damage to you. (You'll get the additional, quanta pool based damage.)

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173411#msg173411
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 02:00:41 pm »
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: The big bad list of known bugs! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg173435#msg173435
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 03:06:40 pm »
For #2 on your list: you can add Phase Shield doesn't accurately show the yellow bar damage (i.e., when I play Phase Shield, the yellow bar with the amount of damage on the field still shows even though I'm protected for 3 turns).
Phase is not protecting. It gives you 100% miss chance. So the yellow bar makes sense.

anything
blarg: