*Author

guolin

Arctic Infection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126426#msg126426
« on: July 28, 2010, 02:05:00 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4tb 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i9 5i9 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5on 5on 8pr

The top blank card is a Short Bow.

Since neither Water and Air have permanent control, the main focus of this deck is, obviously, creature control. Play your Toadfishes early and fast - they are your hitters (especially with the buff in v1.25) and can slowly decay stuff. Pull out Ice Shields and Artic Squids next, depending on the enemy's creatures, for freezes. (Combo with Shockwave for those creatures with more hp) Ice Bolts are last resort Creature Control - it is mainly there to help finish your opponent in the case of slow matches. (I know, Ice Bolt doesn't do a lot of damage, but it can come in handy when you have ~10x Pillars out but aren't using your Squids much OR you lack a freeze/shockwave and need to kill a creature ASAP)

Comments? Think you can make this better? (besides upgrading everything except Toadfish) Feel free to post!

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i9 5i9 5ib 5ib 5ib 5id 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5on 5on 8pr
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:09:43 am by willng3 »

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126428#msg126428
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:06:55 pm »
i'd remove the shockwaves and add fog shields
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126472#msg126472
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 03:37:09 pm »
I would actually take out a pillar and a toadfish and put in two more shockwaves, just because you can insta-kill more creatures that way. You might need more air then though.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

guolin

Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126476#msg126476
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 03:51:29 pm »
Between the Ice Shields, Artic Squids, Toadfish, and two Shockwaves, there seems to be enough CC. Personally, I think two Shockwaves are enough for the big creatures - Freeze + Infection seems to work fine.

I also prefer Ice Shields over Fog Shields.

Oh yeah, and I forgot the obvious Weaknesses: Quintessence (though Ice Shields can slow some down, while Otyughs can have fun dining on my Toadfish :D), permanents (Eagle's Eye, Eternity, Shard of Gratitude much?). The upcoming Toadfish attack buff from 5 to 6 will also help this deck considerably.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126490#msg126490
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 04:19:54 pm »
Between the Ice Shields, Artic Squids, Toadfish, and two Shockwaves, there seems to be enough CC. Personally, I think two Shockwaves are enough for the big creatures - Freeze + Infection seems to work fine.

Oh yeah, and I forgot the obvious Weaknesses: Quintessence (though Ice Shields can slow some down, while Otyughs can have fun dining on my Toadfish :D), permanents (Eagle's Eye, Eternity, Shard of Gratitude much?). The upcoming Toadfish attack buff from 5 to 6 will also help this deck considerably.
Actually, I tested this in trainer vs. the Aether/Water A13, and I actually beat it. Quint doesn't seem to be a huge problem, unless they're using it on big creatures.

4 shockwaves does seem to be a bit much though after testing, though.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126523#msg126523
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 05:30:57 pm »
I have tried variations of this deck for fun. It works well enough against AI3. Usually I don't use the ice shields or the shockwaves, but a couple of icebolts. If the enemy is slow, (for example some top 50 decks) you just save up 150-200 water quants and completely tank the opponent without even moving in a creature.

You can also use 5 bone pillars, 12-13 sapphire pillars, 5 Chrysaora's, 5 toadfish, 3 squids. The squids and the toadfish completely blow away creature rushes. The chrysaoras, who only need tiny bits of water and have their own poison supply, tear away at the enemy HP without being bothered by shields.

Either way the ideas are about the same and the results differ little.
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

guolin

Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126525#msg126525
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 05:33:21 pm »

Actually, I tested this in trainer vs. the Aether/Water A13, and I actually beat it. Quint doesn't seem to be a huge problem, unless they're using it on big creatures.

4 shockwaves does seem to be a bit much though after testing, though.
I playtested against this guy using an unupped semi-stall rainbow using time. His quinted otyugh was able to demolish my Artic Squids, while at the same time could not be frozen until I had my Ice Shield out. Soon enough, though, he gave in to eating my Toadfish and died of poisoning. :)) However, I could freeze-shockwave or freeze-infection anything he put out without a quint. The biggest thing, though, was that he had an eternity that I could not control, for obvious reasons. The otyugh was minor, but it shows what quint can do to this deck.

guolin

Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126527#msg126527
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 05:37:07 pm »
I have tried variations of this deck for fun. It works well enough against AI3. Usually I don't use the ice shields or the shockwaves, but a couple of icebolts. If the enemy is slow, (for example some top 50 decks) you just save up 150-200 water quants and completely tank the opponent without even moving in a creature.

You can also use 5 bone pillars, 12-13 sapphire pillars, 5 Chrysaora's, 5 toadfish, 3 squids. The squids and the toadfish completely blow away creature rushes. The chrysaoras, who only need tiny bits of water and have their own poison supply, tear away at the enemy HP without being bothered by shields.

Either way the ideas are about the same and the results differ little.
That's actually a good idea. Once I have the opponent in lockdown, it's not hard to get up ~200 water quanta. Ice shield, however, I like against quinted creatures, and shockwaves I like against large hp creature. I *could* remove the lonesome Ice Dragon, a Toadfish, and maybe a Shockwave for three Ice Bolts. I'll test some more later.

That said, this is more of a PvP deck. It's too slow for Ai3 farming and can't outrush many T50 decks.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg126954#msg126954
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 03:22:02 am »
This deck has a QI of 2.81.  You do not need that many pillars to run this deck.  I would personally go -3 sapphire pillar and +1 ice dragon and +2 shockwave.  Try -4 sapphire pillar and +1 ice dragon and +3 shockwave as well and see which works better in practice.

guolin

Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg127163#msg127163
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »
This deck has a QI of 2.81.  You do not need that many pillars to run this deck.  I would personally go -3 sapphire pillar and +1 ice dragon and +2 shockwave.  Try -4 sapphire pillar and +1 ice dragon and +3 shockwave as well and see which works better in practice.
Pillars are for the Artic Squids and getting Ice Shield out early. I found that the way it is now, I'm still lacking water quanta (unless the opponent stalls to hell and back, but that's when I can land an ice bolt that I could put in this deck).

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg127196#msg127196
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 02:59:53 pm »
No. No it doesn't. The QI is 4.9375. You count active skills twice, which gives the Squids a value of 9 each.

(9*3)+(6*2)+(6*5)+10=79
79/16=4.9375

With that in mind, it's a stall deck, so I would still do -1 Pillar, +1 Squid, mainly because of CC from the opponent. Upped, I would naturally throw in SoG's. :>
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

philipsballs

Re: Toadfish, you say? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10302.msg128287#msg128287
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 12:40:27 am »
if u upgrade the toadfish to get that venom on the opponent it would work faster also get the fog shields

blarg: