*Author

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097615#msg1097615
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2013, 01:50:22 pm »
but that's a situation that's just not meant to happen.

Helston pls.

Bidding on everyone for 14 is the best strategy.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097616#msg1097616
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2013, 01:52:47 pm »
If a player gets bid on 14 cards, he or she has two options:
1. Instantly join the team that made the 14 card bid.

That's the way the rules have been for quite a while (excluding the obvious change of max bid to 14). The theory, which has been somewhat broken by the goings-on of this particular auction, is that you'd only bid the maximum on players that you really, really want on your team. Yes, if more than 5 players want to accept your 14 card bid then you won't get to pick your team, but that's a situation that's just not meant to happen. The easiest solution is to not place 14 card bids on players you don't 100% want on your team.

It's obvious the auction's gotten out of hand here, but without restarting it all with a fresh set of rules, there's nothing we can really do about it.

then restart the bloody thing the 14 card club icon was meant to mean something it's not going to after this war might as well not bother with it
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097624#msg1097624
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2013, 03:19:40 pm »
This is the first War I have observed; I have only scattered information about the first six.

I do not know why the maximum bid was cut by 42%. I think it is clear that the cut, combined with dwindling numbers of applications, created the glut of 14-bids.

Therefore, we must make a choice. We must decide what us most important to us AS A COMMUNITY. Is it more important to learn from our mistakes and correct them for future events, or to get as much correct as possible now? Is it more important to delay War so we can do it right, knowing that the new timeline would change which players are available, or to move ahead as best we can with what we have?

The single most important requirement of this process is that we do it together, as a Community. Regardless of what we do, our decision will affect Wars for the long term. Because War is our largest event, our decision will affect our Community for the long term. Whatever we do, let's make sure it's the best thing for all of us--as a Community.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097626#msg1097626
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 03:25:59 pm »
IMO, you can't change the rules of the auction, nor restart it at this point. This would ruin everything the generals have done this at this point.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097634#msg1097634
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 03:55:14 pm »
IMO, you can't change the rules of the auction, nor restart it at this point. This would ruin everything the generals have done this at this point.

I second this sentiment.  Mock Auctions should be left as only a Fantasy Football event. :)
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097646#msg1097646
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 05:57:06 pm »
I third.
It's obvious the auction's gotten out of hand here.
You're welcome <3
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline suxerz

• Reputation Power: 1
  • suxerz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • INSANEia
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097650#msg1097650
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »
Auction is just one part of this whole big event. I'm not saying whether it plays an insignificant part or otherwise, but I really couldn't see why we should restart the auction or make any big changes at this moment when the auction has almost finished. This might be unfounded, but I feel if the auction rules were to be changed now, I'm afraid something else will be changed in mid war which is really bad in my view. Basically, I think nothing can be done right now without heavily disrupting the event.

If there's a concern over teams heavily at disadvantage later on due to low starting vault (i.e. too many expensive players), warmasters could introduce some sort of a "free gift" round using event cards or something similar to that.

At the same time, we should not stop thinking how to improve the auction process. I'll be sure to revisit this in the Feedback thread and I hope many will give their input too.

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097651#msg1097651
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2013, 06:35:51 pm »
I do not know why the maximum bid was cut by 42%. I think it is clear that the cut, combined with dwindling numbers of applications, created the glut of 14-bids.
The reduction was due to the overall vault size reduction from 400ish to 300ish.
And yes you are right.

Therefore, we must make a choice.
Whatever we do, let's make sure it's the best thing for all of us--as a Community.
IMO the best solution would probably be to bite the bullet for now and to increase the max bid back to 24 (while the vault stays the same)

BTW I don't think that the current shape of the auction is a very bad thing. More competition between generals is a good thing.

Also, consciously seeking the cheap players means something at last. In previous wars it meant that you start with a newb team and what, a 20 card advantage? Now if you bid carefully you can have a 10-15% vault advantage, which is a major thing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:37:37 pm by Acsabi44 »
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097656#msg1097656
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2013, 06:48:38 pm »
IMHO, raising max bid to 24 while keeping vault size at 300 would have the following effect:

• Prolong the already long auction
  • Further cripple the vaults of all teams
  • Result in similar number of 24-bids as we now have 14-bids with some slight variations on team assignment

The fundamental problem is that we don't have enough players (especially veterans) to fill the teams. Max bids or auction rule tweaks cannot solve this problem.
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline rem4life

• Reputation Power: 6
  • rem4life is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Grand Computer Simulator I.Championship League 3/2013 3rd PlaceMaster of the Grand Shard GolemSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097659#msg1097659
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
Restriction on max bid quantity, e.g. general might place a max bid on X players, might solve this problem

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097660#msg1097660
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »
We need all the owners... masters and players... soldiers to ratify a CBA agree on rules so that masters can only spend so much money...cards on the players for their team.  That will help bring parity to war and stop the masters from overspending on their players.  Maybe a rookie maximum, veteran minimum, multi-war contracts, and we give cards from the teams with the highest total cost to the teams with the lowest total cost, to punish teams that overspend and help out the small market... cheaper teams.

If we can't come to terms, the masters may lock out all the players, and we'll miss at least half of the war, and then have to play like 4 matches a week to get back on schedule!

:o
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: War #7 - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50863.msg1097661#msg1097661
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2013, 07:19:54 pm »
We need all the owners... masters and players... soldiers to ratify a CBA agree on rules so that masters can only spend so much money...cards on the players for their team.  That will help bring parity to war and stop the masters from overspending on their players.  Maybe a rookie maximum, veteran minimum, multi-war contracts, and we give cards from the teams with the highest total cost to the teams with the lowest total cost, to punish teams that overspend and help out the small market... cheaper teams.

If we can't come to terms, the masters may lock out all the players, and we'll miss at least half of the war, and then have to play like 4 matches a week to get back on schedule!

:o
We actually do. Masters can only pay up to 80 cards per team. RIDICULOUS.
(trololol)
Restriction on max bid quantity, e.g. general might place a max bid on X players, might solve this problem
The thing is, then 13 is the new 14 (or max bid -1 is the new max bid). Just moves the problem a small step down, not really that big of a change, except you can troll (yay) people that have already max bid quantity maxbids even better.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

anything
blarg: