*Author

Offline iancudorinmarianTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277692#msg1277692
« on: July 06, 2018, 07:38:19 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
HAS RUN OUT

:waterbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Requirements:
- Evidence of Score Requirement
- Evidence of Established Account Requirement
- Evidence of PvP Event Participation
OR
- Evidence of PvP Event Achievement

Spoiler for Phase 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/BMing/Voter's Panel position last brawl
-If you were a Boss, evidence of your Boss-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules. Remember, the Requirements to Challenge are:

• Any ONE from:
    • Winning a Weekly Tournament
    • A top 3 finish in either of the PVP Leagues
    • A top 3 finish in a PVP event
    • Finishing on 1 of the top 3 War teams
    • Becoming a Master of any Element
  • OR ALL of the following:
    • 30,000+ score in Elements
    • 10+ forum posts
    • Joined the forums no less than 3 weeks ago (at the time of signing up)
    • Participation in at least three separate PVP Events (Leagues, War, Weekly Tournaments, etc.)

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:

Master JonathanCrazyJ of :water is defending.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:39:09 pm by iancudorinmarian »

Offline Patient666158

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Patient666158 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Don't fight Fire Stall with Fire Stall.
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277721#msg1277721
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:00:20 am »
I exist.   :-*

Proof of The Big Ghey
------------------------
Spoiler for the big ghey:

Proof of Worthiness
----------------------
Participation in PvP League (2017)

Participation in PvP League (2018)

Now, if you take a careful look under my nametag (which is to the left), there is a number, this number indicates how many posts I have. If I know how to maths 32 > 10.
∴ I have enough posts to qualify  :o

Extra info:

War bonus
------------
Death soldier in War 11

Is black, therefore it is racist if I win/ lose. No matter what, we all racist cause ducks controlled the oceans in 19348BC.

Task:
Spoiler for Task 5 - The Illustrator:
Trident

The Trident, powerful when combined with Earth; Pillars, Pendulums and out of place Marks better be scared.

Poseidon's weapon of choice, Water's own weapon:

Does that Trident above look like it could destroy multiple Pillars/ Pendulums at once? I don't think sooo.
However, what could?
Oh!
That's right!
A Trident powered by rune stones allowing the Trident's 3 unique prongs, able to drill and cut down Pillars and Pendulums that stand in it's way.
And just like ALL ancient and powerful weapons are guarded, the Trident is guarded by the underwater master of surprise: The Puffer fish. The Puffer fish guards the very waters that hold the Trident. Also cause memes.

I'd like to cherry pick  :gravity:earth and  :aether

My opponent can have  :darkness

Cheerio!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:59:32 am by Patient666158 »
:gravity, hold on to me...

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277728#msg1277728
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:49:02 pm »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277860#msg1277860
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 07:19:46 pm »
OK. I'm in.
I'm not IN, in, because I have no time and I'm not sure I want to general Water next war even if I become mater again.
But even if it's against a half-strength, no-time JCJ, I'd still like the next master to feel like they have earned it, and to prove to me they are worthy.

App to come before main daedline, if I have time.
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277876#msg1277876
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 10:01:19 am »
I am worthy. This is my crown.
But my mast is broken, my brine polluted. My time, too short to lead.
When Water next floods to war, they shall have a new General, worthy or not.
But I'll be damned if the MASTER doesn't prove to me that they deserve my Whale-bone Throne.

Phase 1: In Progress

My Unlocked Elements: :death :light :darkness
Opponent's Unlocked Elements: :life
Unlocked Upgrades: 9 of Any

Spoiler for Requirements:
-Evidence of 586182+ Score Requirement:
Spoiler for Screenie:
-Evidence of 2012 Established Account Requirement:
Spoiler for Screenie:
-Participation in recent PvP (can't see a reason why I need to update this):
1. World Championship 2015 - Winner.
2. Battle League 2/2016 - Winner.
3. Weekly Tournament December 3 2016 - Geo-Sequential - Winner.

Spoiler for Phase 1:

Spoiler for Task 1: The Architect:

Shard of Helplessness

Shard of Patience is perfect, as are Nymph Tears. However, Shard of Patience has been criticized by some wrong people for being overpowered, therefore receives heavy penalties in upgrades and market cost which damage water's overall decent cards. So, we need a more balanced card, which compliments water's strengths and addresses Water's weaknesses.

So, as sailors are helpless to combat the vicious waves and the man buried to his neck in sand is helpless before the unstoppable tides, so shall our enemies be helpless before the Shard of Helplessness.

NAME:
Shard of Helplessness
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
TEXT:
Each turn, one of your opponent's non pillar/pendulum permanents becomes useless for one turn.
NAME:
Shard of Helplessness
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
TEXT:
0 : Target non pillar/pendulum permanent becomes useless for one turn.

NOTES:

Does not stack, but if you have several of the unupgraded version they could all randomly choose the same permanent, which would still only disable it for 1 turn total. More than one of the upgraded version could all select different targets.

With the unupgraded version, the effect would trigger when the shard does, so your creatures would attack first, but it would last until the Shard next triggers.

The unstoppable tide crashes over the opponent's field and they are unable to reach a permanent in order to keep it active for a turn.

Shields will spend a turn counter as normal, but will be ineffective.

Activated abilities on other permanents will be unusable.

Weapons will not deal damage.

Passive abilities such as flooding or sanctuary will not be active for a turn (unless there is more than one of them active).

If a shield or weapon is replaced while it is controlled in this way, the new shield or weapon WILL be effective on the turn it is played.

Balance

Cost-wise, the unupgraded version is a little cheaper than other forms of PC, because it is random in which permanent it disables, so is less consistent. It is also vulnerable to PC itself, leaving you vulnerable to counter-plays.

The upgraded is more versatile than cards such as Explosion, because you can chose to change the target each turn, and it also means that simply replacing the affected shield or weapon is only effective for a turn. However, being vulnerable to PC itself, it has a similar costing.

With both versions there is also the added disadvantage that your opponent will be 100% aware of your permanent control threat, meaning they might make more agressive plays with their quanta instead, or plan ahead exactly when they want their permanents to enter play.

This would be a strong addition to a huge range of water decks which tend to fear permanents. It would also be very useful to Life decks, and several other decks which can be vulnerable to PC. In general it would be a good addiction to the Elements meta, encouraging more splashing with water which makes a lot of decks more viable, but also increasing counter-play with PC battles in general.

Losing Shard of Patience would be a big blow for water in some ways, making us more vulnerable to some CC and stalling strategies, but with strong overall creatures which suffer greatly at the hands of Dimensional Shield, Wings and Gravity Shield. This card would make water a less niche element, and more of an overall powerhouse.

Deck

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7h0 7hi 7hi 7hi 7hi 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 8pp

WHERE ARE YOUR WINGS NOW AFDARENTY?

Spoiler for War/Brawl Bonus:
-11th War - Team Water General. 3rd Place. Should have won: +3 Point.
-I was Boss of 2st place The Iron Manta in Brawl #7. Should have won: +2 Points.

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Water Trial #9, I came 2nd, losing 4-5 Vs, ddevans96: +1 Point.
-Water Trial #10, I Won 5-2 Vs, basman-1453 +1 Point.
-Water Trial #11, I Won 5-1 Vs, Spielkind.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 07:32:38 pm by JonathanCrazyJ »
Competitions!

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277878#msg1277878
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 03:53:41 pm »
What do you mean, should have won? Do you think we did not deserve the victory?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277879#msg1277879
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 03:54:36 pm »
What do you mean, should have won? Do you think we did not deserve the victory?

Just banter mate
Competitions!

Offline Patient666158

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Patient666158 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Don't fight Fire Stall with Fire Stall.
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1277894#msg1277894
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 12:05:32 pm »
Shiza, forgot to mention that I'm colour blind so if it's possible for some leeway on the colours I used on my Phase 1 submission I'd greatly appreciate it.

Danke!

:sillyspin:
:gravity, hold on to me...

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66131.msg1278275#msg1278275
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 03:32:10 pm »
Competitions!

blarg: Patient666158,JonathanCrazyJ,ddevans96,Spielkind