*Author

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378514#msg378514
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 01:48:04 pm »
Next questions:
This is more of a funny question.  Time masters have been known to make numerous time puns.  What is your best time pun?

Serious question: What in your opinion is the most important time card (excluding pillars and pends)?
1: My old signature (I have to change it back!): "I've had the :time of my :life.
2: Reverse Time and Hourglass. Hourglass is the heart of every fat rainbow. Reverse Time is my favorite card in EtG. Strong, cheap and creative CC that fits time perfectly. Hourglass is the most important for the game, RT for me.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378531#msg378531
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »
Please link a piece of music that you feel represents :time the most. 10hours youtube videos are not allowed  :P
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378537#msg378537
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 02:27:43 pm »
This is a shield that is similar to Bone Wall, except that it works with Time's ability to draw cards. For this card: 'time barrier' is similar to 'bone shield' for blocking damage. Plus it gives Time a shield that actually blocks damage. And it could work well in a mono-Time. And yes, it gets counters if your opponent uses a card effect to draw a card.
If this card was introduced into the game: What impact would it have? How would you utilize it? What decks would you build? How would it change :time? (You don't have to answer each question individually)

When I wrote that :time needs a buff, i was talkin' about something like this. It's a really nice shield that can be used in every fat rainbows with lot of hourglasses, in light/time poison stall (with sundials) and in decks with precog. It's not easy to foresee what kind of impact this card would be, but it probably would make Procastination obsolete.

As this was the trial I would have been and the one I have followed closely, naturally I will ask some questions.  One at a time, the first being: What, in your opinion, makes time unique and special from all the other elements in the game?
First of all because :time isn't only an element but it's an entire dimension; :time is the element of control, and it's fascinating (or at least, it is for me) the idea to be able to modify the flow of events, the ability to stop time, etc...

Idealistic speeches aside, :time is the indispensable element for all the people that build a deck with more then 30-35 cards. You can just take a look to card usage statistics...

just a few questions:
why did you choose this element?
if you had to choose any OTHER contender to be your general, who would it be?
do you likeza tha orangez?
what would you do with your power over your element if you had absolute control of it?
what is the most likely element you would duo with?
what is the least likely element you would duo with?

- Because it's fascinating, for me. Take a look up.

- Kuro. He has so much experience.

- Yes (WTFl is it about this question???)

- Are you askin' if I would travel through time? Of course...

- Entropy, Light, Darkness, Earth, Aether, Gravity.

It's hard to build something cool with... Water. And i'm sorry because the Water Master is a friend of mine.

Next questions:
This is more of a funny question.  Time masters have been known to make numerous time puns.  What is your best time pun?

Serious question: What in your opinion is the most important time card (excluding pillars and pends)?
Oh, I made so many time pun during my "mandate" that I really can't say what's my best. But I still like the idea to rewind people in chat... (lulz)

I'd like to say that sundial is the strongest :time card, but at the moment is more similar to a light card, so I say: hourglass. As I've just wrote, it's a "must-have" in every deck with more than 30-35 cards.

Please link a piece of music that you feel represents :time the most. 10hours youtube videos are not allowed  :P

;)
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378540#msg378540
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 02:36:54 pm »
Once a pun a time ...

Reverse Time and Hourglass. Hourglass is the heart of every fat rainbow. Reverse Time is my favorite card in EtG. Strong, cheap and creative CC that fits time perfectly. Hourglass is the most important for the game, RT for me.
This is so true ... I can only agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm1YfehK7U
This (
&feature=fvwrel) is so good I can only agree.

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378754#msg378754
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:42 pm »
As this was the trial I would have been and the one I have followed closely, naturally I will ask some questions.  One at a time, the first being: What, in your opinion, makes time unique and special from all the other elements in the game?
The ability to manipulate draws. Well that's not really my opinion, it's what you can see when you look at the Time cards and compare it to what the other Elements have. It does give Time a unique gameplay though. With the other Elements, you get your Pillars which give you quanta, and you draw your cards and you have to accept both as it comes. Time on the other hand gives you the possibility to convert one resource (quanta) into another (cards). To me, this is both unique and interesting as you have to constantly evaluate which of the two you need more. Would you rather play another creature or draw another card? Or could be better to use your Eternity instead and Rewind something of the opponent? Over Time, making correct decisions will give a large edge to players with good strategy who know how to manage their resources best, and that's what I like about Time.

Quote from: unit
just a few questions:
why did you choose this element?
if you had to choose any OTHER contender to be your general, who would it be?
do you likeza tha orangez?
what would you do with your power over your element if you had absolute control of it?
what is the most likely element you would duo with?
what is the least likely element you would duo with?
a few answers:
It's the only Element I could gush about for long enough to do all those trials tasks.
I have a very high opinion of every single contender, if I had to pick one it would probably be Kuroaitou, he'd simply deserve it after 4 tries. But I honestly think everyone here would make an excellent general.
I like pizza.
Cold fusion.
Depends on circumstances entirely.
#

Quote from: jippy99
I might be numerous, but dam those puns, make way for the flow of Time.
 :-X

Quote from: jippy99
I'm probably to far down in my post already to simply put an arrow to the left here... so yeah, Hourglass. You could make a good case for Reverse Time and Eternity, but if I have to choose one I'll definitely take my favourite Time card.
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378972#msg378972
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 08:14:33 am »
I ask this as my opinion as a player who specializes in Aether.

While Time has an array of very powerful cards, all it's creatures except for Anubis (Which isn't used for damage anyways) is felled by a single Lightning.

What is Time's answer to it's vulnerability to Creature Control?

Offline SnoWeb

• SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378982#msg378982
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 08:31:50 am »
Time has several answers to CC:
- Scarab spam: Pharaoh has 8 HP and it is difficult to control a swarm (made with fractal or several pharaoh)
- Dune Scorpion: After the first hit and with an appropriate defence, neurotoxin still does damage even if the scorpion is dead. Obviously a combination of CC and purify is then problematic.
- Anubis: You mentioned it. Anubis has also 8 HP and can protect the other creatures.
- Golden nymph has also 8HP and a duo with water might be another solution
- I probably forget some.

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg379021#msg379021
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 11:37:28 am »
- I probably forget some.
You forgot the fourdimensional thinking. ;)
A good plan to play against Lightning is to simply use your Hourglass until you've outdrawn those Lightnings. When you draw two cards per turn and the opponent only one, he won't be able to Lightning all your stuff. Similar with Reverse Time and Eternity, when you rewind an opposing creature that means he can't draw another Lightning.

SnoWebs other points are all correct though. Nonetheless Lightning is a very good card, not only against Time.
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg379129#msg379129
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 05:25:15 pm »
I ask this as my opinion as a player who specializes in Aether.

While Time has an array of very powerful cards, all it's creatures except for Anubis (Which isn't used for damage anyways) is felled by a single Lightning.

Pharaoh - Pharaohs have 8 HP, and survives thus a single lightning.
Scarabs - Can get over 5 HP easy with Pharaohs or Fractal.
Anubis (+ SoR) - Quints, 8 HP. If the question is about monotime WITH Time mark, SoR is a good addition.
Dune Scorp - as Sno said.
WHY DID SNO POST BEFORE ME?!
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg379206#msg379206
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:19 pm »
I like clockmakers!

What element would a clock machinery duo with, if the main was :time?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline SnoWeb

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg379374#msg379374
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 08:05:52 am »
I like clockmakers!

What element would a clock machinery duo with, if the main was :time?
I am now working on creating a water/time mechanic. It happen to be Water clock or Clepsydra:

Does this answer your question or did I misunderstood the terms "clock machinery".

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Time will show
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg379401#msg379401
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 10:36:21 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTY_bsgnpr0

blarg: