*Author

Active members:
Glaviga(1) cthulhu(1) Hobnob5000(1) icewindsage(1) binde22(1) the fury(1) PlayerOa(1) relic master(1) asymmetry(1) ~Napalm(1) killfer8(1) Mastermind79(1) Boingo(1) Wisemage(1) abysswalker(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) borbland(1) rotface(1) zanzarino(1) assassim(1) Uncle Jellyfish(1) Kuroaitou(1) ninjak80(1) Azumi(1) Kokotewa(1) BurnOne(1) rakazy8564(1) Hyroen(1) Jangoo(1) ScaredGuy(1) Demagog(1) calindu(1) MartyrX(1) pulli23(1) Encephalon Decay(1) ShiningSword(1) yee(1) kirchj33(1) moomoose(1) suxerz(1) GG(1) loadquo(1) macgawel(1) mafidufa(1) johannhowitzer(1) philipapw(1) cosine23(1) Zerker(1) omegareaper7(1) tallyemup(1) semibalanus(1) Rutarete(1) mesaprotector(1) Cunning_Wish(1) Shantu(1) n00b(1) Laxadarap(1) nerd1(1) Cheesy111(1) kaempfer13(1) mokasu(2) killsdazombies(2) Kael Hate(2) icybraker(2) Rastafla(2) teffy(2) markilleruk(2) darkfrogger(2) Daneman(2) Chemist(2) Terroking(2) BluePriest(2) unionruler(2) hrmmm(2) coinich(2) Brahma(2) Xenocidius(2) dragonsdemesne(2) Atico(2) ralouf(2) Vineroz(2) Camoninja(2) EvaRia(2) Sevs(2) jawdirk(2) choongmyoung(2) ddevans96(2) PuppyChow(3) jmizzle7(3) Olidot(3) hello5666(3) Avenger(3) Tea is good(3) Kurohami(3) finkel(3) xdude(3) 10 men(3) Jappert(3) Higurashi(3) OldTrees(3) The_Mormegil(3) Kardo(3) furballdn(3) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(3) RavingRabbid(4) Wardead(4) bojengles77(4) Chapuz(4) eaglgenes101(4) Bloodshadow(5) Marvaddin(5) airframe(5) Scaredgirl(5) Zeru(5) Diadem(5) CB!(5) Xoned(5) MaxMilen(5) willng3(5) yaladilae(6) kintar(6) Xinef(6) SnoWeb(6) Pineapple(8) Belthazar666(12) Arondight(14) miniwally(16) Essence(18)

Offline MartyrX

• Reputation Power: 4
  • MartyrX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • !!!PULVERIZE!!!
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg396209#msg396209
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2011, 05:23:42 pm »
I am assuming that all other elements will have their own shards as well??

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg396213#msg396213
« Reply #241 on: September 20, 2011, 05:29:41 pm »
Yes. See here for pasted chatlog reference (in the spoiler): http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28840.0.html
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg396302#msg396302
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2011, 08:28:08 pm »
Morm Idea is far better than we currently have and fits good with the time theme for me I like it.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg396330#msg396330
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2011, 08:58:50 pm »

This is a pretty awesome idea. Out of all the possible suggestions that keep the Readiness theme, this is my favourite so far. To explain why I like this better than previous suggestions:
- The pre 1.29 SoR is too weak. The effect is so minor it can't even be balanced by cost reduction. I wouldn't even play it if it cost zero, it's just not worth a card.
- The Adrenaline solution (current version of Zanz), all balancing issues aside, doesn't really fit Time imo. Adrenaline seems too much like a life ability with the mean green face and all, also Time seems more "civilised".
- First turn activation doesn't help at all. I wrote about that already here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29688.0.html). Yes it was broken with the Dive interaction, and no, it doesn't change much for normal creatures.

- Two activations per turn: Now we're talking. Perfectly fits the Readiness theme, and finally gives the card some serious value that could make it worth risking a 2-for-1 by opposing control cards. It seems really fun to play with too, what's not to like about doing something cool twice? I don't see big balancing problems either, I mean for example two Ghosts per turn is not that much better than one Jade Dragon per turn which already exists and is not very good, while having the advantage of being a mono.

Some ideas how to tweak the idea:

- Maybe allow it to target permanents as well? One annoying thing about creature targets only is that there aren't many creature with abilities, limiting the number of possible interactions. Allowing it to target permanent would make it more interesting both for deckbuilding as there are more options and gameplay-wise (for example if you suspect PC you might want to play it on a creature and the other way round). Of course a cost increase for balancing would definitely be in order then.

- Maybe switch the two parts, i.e. two activations for everyone and free for Time cards? This would give it more usefulness outside of Time because there are many interesting abilities in the game that you would love to play twice, such as freeze, Firefly or Dive (yes, I think if limited to two activations it's balanced).
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg396344#msg396344
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »
^^ This.  All of it.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg396586#msg396586
« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2011, 07:24:31 am »
Two activations per turn: Now we're talking. Perfectly fits the Readiness theme, and finally gives the card some serious value that could make it worth risking a 2-for-1 by opposing control cards.
10 times yes!

One annoying thing about creature targets only is that there aren't many creature with abilities, limiting the number of possible interactions. Allowing it to target permanent would make it more interesting both for deckbuilding as there are more options and gameplay-wise (for example if you suspect PC you might want to play it on a creature and the other way round). Of course a cost increase for balancing would definitely be in order then.
Yes, I completely agree. Also having various target in a single deck increase the interest of playing multiple copies (Steam Machine + Trident in monowater = sweet). Or on a time card 2 draws per hourglasses ...

Maybe switch the two parts, i.e. two activations for everyone and free for Time cards?
Here I fear some abusable skills (grow, dive, steam, mitosis, air nymphs).

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg397085#msg397085
« Reply #246 on: September 21, 2011, 11:50:22 pm »
2 times per turn would be a bit "op" me thinks:

what about a pharaoh deck? - You will really pump beetles when you can do 2 per pharaoh per turn.

Offline Camoninja

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Camoninja is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg397098#msg397098
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2011, 12:21:12 am »
2 per pharaoh per turn is assuming that you get more than one of both cards out and that the pharaohs don't get controlled. And the only other thing it's useful on is Deja Vu and Fate Egg and Eternity. Eternity+SoR is a 3 card combo, which is already pretty weak in terms of cards.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg397121#msg397121
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2011, 01:36:25 am »
Scarabs could also nom twice per turn, which is pretty sick actually.  I would have a field day if the effect were changed to what's suggested.

Anubis spamming Quints would be pretty nice too.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Camoninja

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Camoninja is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg397124#msg397124
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2011, 01:46:02 am »
I completely forgot about Anubis. That one would be pretty awesome. But I deliberately skipped Scarabs because if you have Pharaoh and SoR, you automatically get Scarab and SoR too.

e: I am so silly, I forgot also about the fate eggs after they hatch >.< Good thing EvaRia brought it up.

Re: Shard | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg397287#msg397287
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »
The current version in the game has a typo on the upgrade page if you look at the word "skill"

ShiningSword

Re: Shard of Readiness | Shard of Readiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6594.msg399870#msg399870
« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2011, 10:28:58 pm »
I think the adrenaline effect can fit this card(adrenaline's mechanic actually makes the creature live many turns at once, which does sound time related). Of course, zanz could make a similar status(maybe not the same) with a different name(feel free to suggest) and a time related icon(maybe a clock of sorts?), but thats more aesthetic than anything(and yet so important).

anything
blarg: