*Author

Offline deuce22Topic starter

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
(Aether Gen) deuce22 3-1 (Darkness Gen) bogtro https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46783.msg1041211#msg1041211
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:50:40 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4su 4su 52g 542 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 713 713 713 71b 71b 71b 71b 71b 81q 8pk

wow, these were intense games. bogtro played very very well, and with some RNG help, he could have won.

Game 1 - LOSS
Saw earth mark and hoped for grabbow but kind of feared EQ devs (granted, i could have lightning'd devs, so maybe not a bad matchup). No nova came for several turns, then grabby and goyle. Played BW + lightning, then cleared my hand of quanta to load up for fractal...that was stupid. Few turns later, he NM'd me, which was the difference in the game. Thanks to spiders hiding and a late fog, he won with exact damage (although, with 4 cards left in his deck, I suspect he had another nova to evolve another grabby) when he had 8 HP left. Had I not misplayed, would have been easy win.

Game 2 - WIN
Had early reclusetal which was pretty much gg right there. However, he stalled the game for a few more turns because I didn't play another BW when it was down to 1 bone left. He stole it then killed all my spiders -_- I had like 2 more BW in hand and more spiders. 2nd fractal was easy gg.

Game 3 - WIN
Early dagger and spiders were hiding, drew all BWs and all fractals. when I finally got a few spiders out and played BW, he stole 1 BW, killed all my spiders and played 5 creatures. I played BW and used 2 lightnings. If he played NM next turn, he could have blocked my reclusetal. Luckily no NM, so easy win from there.

Game 4 - WIN
Lots of early lightning and BWs with fractal and spider. all i needed was some quanta. gradually drew quanta. Played a couple lightnings to clear hand, then reclusetal. He had 2 grabbies and a dagger out, so BW wasn't holding for long. Topdecked 3rd BW and 2nd fractal for easy win.

ggs bogtro, and gl to team darkness!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:09:03 am by deuce22 »

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Aether Gen) deuce22 3-1 (Darkness Gen) bogtro https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46783.msg1041212#msg1041212
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:39 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55t 5og 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5uk 5up 5us 5us 5uu 5v1 61q 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 7tb 7tf 7tf 7tf 8pm

Game 1: Drew no novas, which may have actually helped as he thought I was running EQ. After I played a grabby he spammed 6 pends :P He forgot about NM, clearing his hand pretty consistently, was eventually able to pull off a nice combo with stealing the last BW, evolving, and NMing forcing him to grow my BW in order to kill the grabby. Fog slowed him down just enough to set up the exact kill (though I could have overdamaged with my in-hand nova spawning a sing).

Game 2: Didn't really get much of anything useful in this game. He kept hand pretty full for anti-NM and I didn't draw enough offense. Had a desperation move where a stole a BW and killed 4 recluses, but it didn't get anywhere. No fog, little damage.

Game 3: Had a decent chance in this game, with a great draw (2 novas, 2 pillar, dagger). Unfortunately, drew 1 grabby in 21 cards and no fog drawn. Another grabby earlier would have given me a great chance to win due to walls coming down earlier.

Game 4: Drew early dagger, and ALL FIVE GRABOIDS early. I was celebrating my RNG luck and looking forward to spamming my creatures ftw, when RNG was just like "loltroll" and gave me 1 nova in 17 cards. Fog wasn't enough to save me when it finally came out.

Great games from both sides, with some pretty cool play and finally a match that required in-game thinking instead of just pre-duel deckbuilding. Those don't happen often, and those generally are a lot more fun to play (but more fun when you win :3)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:57:33 pm by bogtro »
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Aether Gen) deuce22 3-1 (Darkness Gen) bogtro https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46783.msg1041213#msg1041213
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:59 pm »
0 card deck ftw!
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Aether Gen) deuce22 3-1 (Darkness Gen) bogtro https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46783.msg1041216#msg1041216
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:39 pm »
bogtro's siggy is especially meaningful in the context of this match... Just in an ironic way.
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: (Aether Gen) deuce22 3-1 (Darkness Gen) bogtro https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46783.msg1041264#msg1041264
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:57 am »
Well, damn.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: (Aether Gen) deuce22 3-1 (Darkness Gen) bogtro https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46783.msg1041346#msg1041346
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:16:01 am »
OMG, that was a tough grabbow coming this way.

anything
blarg: