*Author

Offline bjesseeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • bjessee is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
(Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413718#msg413718
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:04:03 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rm 5ro 5ro 5ro 5ro 5rs 5ru 5ru 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 7q0 7q5 7q5 8pq

Let me start off by apologizing to calindu for having to take a long break in the middle of the match.  Thanks for being understanding.

Next, let me apologize to calindu for the extreme prejudice RNG showed during the match.  No one's Discord should let them down like that.  Twice.

It was finally time for my first war match to start.  We had switched matches and then decks and then start times, so I find myself fighting Discohole first thing in the morning with a deck I had not played much and no teammates for support.  I was a tad nervous.  This is how I remember the events of the match, but I was a bit out of it.

Game 1
I started with Sanctuary in hand, a good quanta draw, and won the coin toss.  Still, a second turn Discord put my plans on hold.  I was able to get out an Hourglass early anyway, but he used his BH to keep me away from the 4-Light mark.  Once I had a plenty of Pillars and Pends (and a Dragon breathing down my neck), I started bouncing his creatures with RT and Eternity to slow down his draws in the hopes of keeping BH out of his hand.  It worked, and Sanctuary finally made an appearance.  Without Discord and BH, I was able to start dropping creatures and keep his off the field while dropping more Sancts.  1-0

Game 2a
Lost the coin toss, but had a good quanta draw with a Sanct.  Second turn comes and no Disco.  I thought luck must be on my side.  The obligatory BH happens when I hit 4 Light, but still no Disco.  Then a desync hits, and I thought Lady Luck might have abandoned me.  I play on another two rounds to see if I could have gotten a Sanct out before I accept that no human would play that stupidly.  Redo.  1-0

Game 2b
Lost the coin toss.  The anticipated second turn Disco comes followed by several rounds of BH abuse.  An early Dragon seemed to want to make this a quick duel.  I keep passing hoping I can weather the storm until I can get 4 Light.  Then Discord abandoned calindu by dropping me to 0 Time but giving me 4-5 more Light quanta.  Sanctuary came followed by his twins and a flurry of RTs.  Eternity and Sancts kept him at bay while I dropped my army.  2-0

Game 3a
Lost the coin toss again.  Yet another turn 2 Disco appears.  Still, I manage to drop a Sanctuary a few turns after that, then I get a desync notice.  I had no intention of giving up on a game where I had an early Sanct on the board, but then all sorts of crazy desync shenanigans start, and I had to chalk it up as a redo.  2-0

Game 3b
Won the coin toss and had a good quanta draw.  Still another turn 2 Disco appears and BH abuse starts soon after.  I end one turn with 4 Light quanta expecting the “just to be sure” BH, but it did not come, and Disco proceeds to let calindu down again leaving those 4 quanta alone.  Sanct hits the board with an Eternity soon after.  Game, set, and match.  3-0

I will not say the match was fun because no one likes playing against Discohole, but Calindu was a gracious and understanding opponent.  It was a real shame that the RNG picked a side.
"Aperture Science.  We do what we must because we can."  -GLaDOS

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413719#msg413719
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:04:54 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vc 4ve 4ve 4ve 4ve 4vf 4vf 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 55k 55k 55k 55k 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 576 576 576 576 576 6ts 74b 74b 8pj

Game1:Was a cleanstab until I wanted the 2nd BH and didn't drew it.Then eternity combined with RT and HG to draw more creatures made a turnover.
Game2:*Insert over 9000 desyncs*He had like 4 light quanta and I had discord, discord laugh in my face letting him to play sanctuary.Again, only 1 BH.
Game3:He had 3 quanta, discord decided to give him 4 light quanta and it was over when eternity came.

Also after the sanct you achieved 20+ quanta, was this supposed?
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: (Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413726#msg413726
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 01:25:43 pm »
Heh. Sanc > Discord only due to RNG? How strange.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: (Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413733#msg413733
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:44:05 pm »
Sanc does not beat discord, but it does beat discord black hole usually. The duo is just much slower than the mono.
PS: great job bjessee! ;)
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

kirchj33

Re: (Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413747#msg413747
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 02:46:06 pm »
RT also gives a decent shot at setting up vs. disco, combine that with sanc = win.

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: (Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413778#msg413778
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 04:16:04 pm »
Amazing, BJ, to bad I couldn't make it eventually, would have loved to be there when you played.

A bit sorry for you, though, Cal, it's always annyoing not to be able to develop your game properly because rng screws you, better luck next time.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: (Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413783#msg413783
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 04:21:23 pm »
Awesome bjessee!
:time SLOW MOTION HIGH FIVE! :time
(Team time can do this!)

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Time) bjessee 3 - (Gravity) calindu221 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32748.msg413856#msg413856
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 07:26:53 pm »
Aye, Dishole usually lacks the offence to power through healing and defence/CC combined. This one could've won with the right draws, but good games nonetheless, gentlemen.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

blarg: bjessee,calindu221