*Author

Offline Neopergoss

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Neopergoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (Underworld) Gen. Sevs 2 - 0 (sub) (...) (Aether) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27863.msg355477#msg355477
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 06:05:18 pm »
You can theorize and call it anything: laziness, low morale, overconfidence, but the only relevant factor is lack of motivation. We're in this game within a game to have fun. If it's not fun anymore, winning doesn't matter. I remember the fun of the early rounds, and I might want to experience that again, but this dragged out paperwork-fest hasn't been fun for many. I also didn't expect this to go on for four frickin' months. Haven't had much time for it the last 2 rounds.
I really think that playing with such a lack of motivation is in the same realm as dropping out early, just to a lesser degree. I'll admit that I was guilty of the same thing when UW was a lot further behind, and I give my teammates a lot of credit for keeping us in it.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Underworld) Gen. Sevs 2 - 0 (sub) (...) (Aether) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27863.msg355535#msg355535
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:37 pm »
I would agree, and I have to commend the workhorses of my team. pika, will, eva and deuce share my sense of duty and have worked hard to finish this no matter the outcome. I'm glad it's over soon, and I'm looking forward to the last couple matches. It truly is a unique experience to be in a dedicated team in War. <3
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

(...)

Re: (Underworld) Gen. Sevs 2 - 0 (sub) (...) (Aether) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27863.msg355604#msg355604
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 09:23:23 pm »
First: i want to say that this lose should be mine, sorry for the inconvenience
Second: yes, war seemed more "yay!" in the early rounds, maybe just the number of players change that or it was the war hype effect, anyway, i will always say "GO  :aether, YOU PWN!

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Underworld) Gen. Sevs 2 - 0 (sub) (...) (Aether) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27863.msg355677#msg355677
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 12:58:11 am »
wow Higs you just seriously surprised me...
For some reason, I thought your approach to the event is the same as mine (and as a lot of other players as well.)
I never thought  one can be bored of War. Ofcourse I don't know what it feels like to be a general, but in our team the spirits were high even towards the end(If winning is boring for you, I guess being on the verge of losing and knowing there's not much to do about it may be twice as boring), and we were always preparing for the next round with dedication, no matter our situation.

honestly, I cannot imagine playing with a different approach to War. Once one thinks of it as you do, it really becomes nothing more than tedious paperwork.
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Underworld) Gen. Sevs 2 - 0 (sub) (...) (Aether) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27863.msg355685#msg355685
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:04 am »
Not at all. Being on the verge of losing means there's a challenge once again. Now it's exciting once more :>
Don't get me wrong. We've always fought hard and I applaud and respect our opponents. An event becoming boring doesn't mean we try less. It might just be too long.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

anything
blarg: