*Author

Carcinos

Re: The Fate Egg bow [Unupped][PvP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35951.msg455275#msg455275
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 11:49:44 am »
I tried to use parallel universe and SoR, Mitosis and Sor with fate Egg, it's funny, but if you earn some SoR, it's maybe better than your creatures, just have some luck with randoms creatures, and it's cheap.

Offline HelstonTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Usually reliably unreliable. Sometimes.
  • Awards: Silver DonorMaster of Elemental Locks (False Elements 2)Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Fate Egg bow [Unupped][PvP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35951.msg456587#msg456587
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 12:38:30 pm »
Might be a good idea if I respond to all this =P. I'll start from the start.

Fallen elf instead of mutation:
Great idea (although I haven't actually tested it out yet). Mutation was initially thrown in to use up some entropy quanta, and once I saw it being useful I never considered Fallen Elf for some odd reason.

-2 Mummy, +2 Flesh Spider + Wings:
An interesting idea, but I'm not sure where I'd fit the wings in. Dropping Druidic Staff is an option, but it's not that bad a weapon and is a good use for a little life quanta.

-Hematite Golem, + Graboid:
Regardless of how much better graboid may be, I just can't bring myself to use it in this deck.

Lack of CC/Mutation always used on own creatures:
A little more CC could definitely be handy, although mutation doesn't always get used on failed hatches. It's more of a backup plan than anything else. Quintessence might work well as most of the creatures are very squishy, and mightn't even slow it down too much.

-1 Staff, -2 Deflags, +2 Pulvies, +1 Fallen Elf:
Pulvies are probably a bit over-the-top for this deck. I find the deflags and the steal cover just about everything and work quite nicely too.

-1 Mummy, +1 Fog Shield:
I'm hesitant to just add in a fog shield (similar to how I don't like graboids), but this is probably too good to refuse. I initially thought that a shield could be stolen from the opponent, but come to think of it, relying on stealing a shield probably isn't the best of plans.

-6 pillars, +6 novas
-2 spider, +2 Lightning
- Druidic staff, +1 Forest spirit
-2 mummies, +2 Arsenics
- steal, + lycan
- Gpull, + momentum
- Pegasus, + fog shield:
Apologies for grouping all these together, but each of these changes would make the deck more like Antagon's Grabow. That is not what I'm aiming for.

Fallen Elf and Mitosis is needed:
Never thought about Mitosis, although it might be a bit slow, expensive and risky it would be fun though.

Kuro's modifications:
Definitely going to try that out. I really like gravity pull, but I'll be interested to see how Otyugh goes. Those two novas might also work a charm and bring a little more consistency into the quanta generation.

Parallel universe, SoR, Mitosis:
No idea how that would work. At all. But it sounds fun, whatever it is.

Going to do some more work on this, see how it all goes.
[15:02:07] Jocko [ยป] Helston: You killed a bunch of bunnies with nuclear weapons

Offline drolly

• Reputation Power: 5
  • drolly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Lurking Leafy. Now without artifacts.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Fate Egg bow [Unupped][PvP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35951.msg456761#msg456761
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 12:38:26 am »
Parallel universe, SoR, Mitosis:
No idea how that would work. At all. But it sounds fun, whatever it is.
If you apply SoR to a Fate Egg, it will be able to hatch two identical creatures for 0 :time quanta cost instantly (yes, it works like that). So just get a lucky first draw with three novas, a Fate Egg, a SoR and make it transform into 2 Crimson Dragons. That means 24 damage before your opponent can do anything :P . (OK, if you get two unbuffable Deathstalkers that's another thing.) As a side effect, having Novas generates much quanta to fuel the SoRs without risking to run short of crucial quanta for other cards in your deck.

Actually your deck and Kuro's suggestions inspired me to build a rush-like one around this idea. Maybe I'll give it some more testing but it's already become a decent and funny AI3 grinder.
Team :life, reigned by :aether: Long live Frogtal! - Wat

blarg: