*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Flare(1) Corrum(1) teffy(1) MaxMilen(1) Bender74d(1) venumuse(1) Cisco(1) RavingRabbid(1) petterud(1) TheoCT(1) sSethia(1) Jumbalumba(1) guolin(1) mutantkickass(1) giversgivealot(1) Suguri(1) 7wavemaster(1) Mntoothpick(1) Amilir(1) wavedash(1) ratchetspyro94(1) vrt(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) chum3(1) dragono(1) Blues(1) drogana(1) TStar(1) cyanspirit(1) Astrocyte(1) Deamon19(1) Dwerg(1) dracomageat(1) Kickpuncher(1) Gorthos(1) Elusion(1) Mithcairion(1) ffun(1) Bhlewos(1) ArcanisX(1) rgurgelles1(1) The_Mormegil(1) benthewolf1(1) Djhopper :)(1) willng3(1) xdude(1) aceben3(1) nilsieboy(1) Odii Odsen(1) Xenocidius(1) bjessee(1) Hawfrey1337(1) AnnaMall(1) Fosius(1) Laxadarap(1) treebeard xiii(1) rogerluc(1) yee(1) whatifidogetcaught?(1) Zso_Zso(1) bombzero(1) Embrada(1) Theboss1248(1) Shantu(1) zer0 tolerance(1) Scaramanga(1) Robsta43(1) Treldon(1) kirbylover314(1) tereret(1) Ryli(1) Lunaris(1) Linkcat(1) RapidStar_(1) igor135(1) bashingbash(1) DarthVarda(1) TribalTrouble(1) kaempfer13(1) zack111496(1) InsignificantWeeaboo(1) HearthstonePro(1) ji412jo(1) MasterWalks(1) Antagon(2) Svenningen(2) the dictator(2) smuglapse(2) nkedwards90(2) xonepartlost(2) mafidufa(2) the Sage(2) Rodrigofix(2) Demut(2) Jocko(2) Sevs(2) bogtro(2) Misfire(2) drolly(2) justaburd(2) Annele(2) regen2k9(2) blueberrymania(2) Vindilos(2) kisking11(2) CuCN(2) w4sh1ng7on(2) Fippe94(2) benoit(2) Levgre(3) jheamay(3) Troh(3) edunavas(3) Brion(3) majofa(3) AngelMusti(3) inthisroom(3) Aves(3) glennfoo(3) iancudorinmarian(3) blarp(3) mega plini(3) andretimpa(3) theelkspeaks(3) Solaris(3) worldwideweb3(3) Manuel(3) moehrpi(3) PlayerOa(3) Belthazar666(4) PuppyChow(4) melzardust(4) tyranim(4) jmizzle7(4) Dragoon1140(4) kobisjeruk(4) ~Napalm(4) kev(4) Jangoo(4) scauduro221095(4) pikachufan2164(4) Absol(4) Spielkind(4) Ginyu(4) Zawadx(4) jonathancrazyj(4) MeowMeowCat(4) icecoldbro(5) Demagog(5) furballdn(5) ARTHANASIOS(5) Blacksmith(5) dawn to dusk(5) serprex(5) plastiqe(6) killsdazombies(6) AppAwesome(6) bucky1andonly(6) kirchj33(6) Jenkar(6) MatrimKK(7) n00b(7) Anothebrother(8) Onizuka(8) Cheesy111(8) rob77dp(8) CactusKing(8) Rastafla(9) jippy99(9) calindu(9) deuce22(9) Marsu(9) Vineroz(9) DANIEELA(9) Jen-i(10) Vangelios(11) ddevans96(12) TheonlyrealBeef(13) Dm1321(13) RootRanger(15) Scaredgirl(16) Wyand(16) Submachine(17) Sir Valimont(22) Higurashi(34) dragonsdemesne(48)

Offline Brion

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Brion is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Good luck and may the... elements be with you?
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg134207#msg134207
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2010, 05:58:55 am »
I don't know where to post this, so i will just post it here. I noticed that the 3-4 last tournaments haven't been moved to archive yet and its kind of confusing now.
I searched for the option to move them as soon as I became organizer but couldn't find it. I did lock the older ones though. Admin or global have to move them I suppose.
This was a permission "bug" that has been fixed.
Kk thanks for helping.

Offline Appawesome

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Appawesome is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143220#msg143220
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2010, 08:42:33 am »
Today I was in a tournament. Things went terrible. In the beginning we got into a debate about if the mark was part of the deck. They even made a thread about it: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,11649.msg153318.html#new   . There was no organizer, so GirlsGeneration had to do it. I lost the first round. GirlsGeneration left, and gave organizer+code to ICB. ICB got the wrong code, so he couldn't do the brackets. Giversgivealot lost to ICB. ICB left, and Jmizz was turned into the organizer. Giversgivealot should of been in, but Jmizz said no.

What I learned: Tournament Organizers overpower rules. I shall abuse this as much as I can.

/rant

EDIT:According to Jmizzle7, after the tournament, he told me that he was being sarcastic when I asked him if Organizers overpower the rules...

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143222#msg143222
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2010, 08:46:34 am »
Today I was in a tournament. Things went terrible. In the beginning we got into a debate about if the mark was part of the deck. They even made a thread about it:There was no organizer, so GirlsGeneration had to do it. I lost the first round. GirlsGeneration left, and gave organizer+code to ICB. ICB got the wrong code, so he couldn't do the brackets. Giversgivealot lost to ICB. ICB left, and Jmizz was turned into the organizer. Giversgivealot should of been in, but Jmizz said no.
What I learned: Tournament Organizers overpower rules. I shall abuse this as much as I can.

/rant
well oh well i wanted to be in and ICB did leave and all but oh well

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143225#msg143225
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2010, 08:56:12 am »
you forgot to mention that I BEAT icb...

Offline Appawesome

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Appawesome is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143230#msg143230
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2010, 09:03:45 am »
How so? Did you beat him once? or Did you mean you won the round?

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143232#msg143232
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2010, 09:17:39 am »
How so? Did you beat him once? or Did you mean you won the round?
Moot question: rulings are final. Any further questioning of rulings made during the Eastern Tournament - August 21st - Starter decks tournament will be considered Flaming as well as Questioning moderation policies/actions in the forums and will be handled accordingly.

Rodrigofix

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143492#msg143492
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2010, 06:35:31 pm »
i dont know why i was out the bracket

(http://imageplay.net/pt/view/m7Gbd81342/elements)

PuppyChow

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143497#msg143497
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:58 pm »

In case you can't read that (it gave me a hard time):
-Rodrigofix said something about 10-20 seconds before SG went to make the brackets.
-He said something about 30 seconds after-wards too.

AKA, SG missed him with copy-paste somehow, SG screwed up the brackets somehow, or he went away for the 40-50 seconds between those two messages.

Scaredgirl

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143504#msg143504
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2010, 06:47:22 pm »

Like I have told you a hundred times, you were not in the chat room when I copy-pasted all the names. How I know this? Well, because I took ALL the names and you were not there.

I don't know how to explain it more clearly. For some reason you left, and came back a moment later. I don't know why you left (maybe it was a bug?) but you did leave because you were not on the list.

Here's a table explaining the situation:
GROUP 1
People who were in chat 4 minutes before the tournament started
Total of 48 players.
GROUP 2
People who were not in chat 4 minutes before the tournament started
You.

One other option is of course that the copy-paste in my computer malfunctioned and somehow removed your name while keeping all the other names. Could be a virus.

AKA, SG missed him with copy-paste somehow, SG screwed up the brackets somehow, or he went away for the 40-50 seconds between those two messages.
I didn't miss him. I copied all the names from both rooms and pasted them in a text-file. I then copy-pasted all those names to Challonge. I have done the same process many many times, and I do it very very carefully. Had his name been 1st or last on the list, it would have been possible (in theory) that I might have missed him, but since it's in the middle, there's no way that is possible because I don't copy names one-by-one, I copy all of them at once. I mean I would have had to manually remove him to make it possible.

Reason for this happening: (in order of probability)

1. His chat crashed during that crucial moment
2. He was jumping from one room to the next
3. I have a virus and my copy-paste is broken
4. Zanz hacked my computer and removed his name from the list

Rodrigofix

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143517#msg143517
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2010, 06:55:15 pm »
i dont quit the room....and was a little strange that i quit and enter in few time and at the exact moment of the brackets build
im really disappointed
but im a little glad that scared assume that could be a mistake made for her

Scaredgirl

Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg143538#msg143538
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2010, 07:28:28 pm »
i dont quit the room....and was a little strange that i quit and enter in few time and at the exact moment of the brackets build
im really disappointed
but im a little glad that scared assume that could be a mistake made for her
Problem here is that you think you were in the room when I took the names, but I know you were not because I have the original list of names in a txt-file and you are not on that list.

You are however in a "test list" I took about 10 minutes before the tournament started to test out the process. But 4 minutes before it started, when I took the official list, you were not on it. I don't know why you were not listed in chat, but that's the way it was.

Let me repeat this one more time: I take all the names using one copy-paste. I don't them individually where there would be the possibility of me missing one name, I take them all. This means that if you had been listed in chat when I took all those names, you would be in that txt-file with all the other names.

If your  name somehow disappeared during that time when I copied them and pasted them in the txt-file, there are only three possible explanation for it:

1. My copy-paste is broken
2. I somehow edited the txt-file, removing your name, and all this without my knowledge
3. I am lying

If you think about this logically, those three are the only options. That screenshot of yours means nothing because I copied the names AFTER I posted that. My guess is that you thought I had already done the brackets, and you went to general chat or crashed, and came back 15 seconds later. Unfortunately it was those 15 seconds when I took the names and.. your name was not on the list.

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg144040#msg144040
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2010, 02:29:47 pm »
People should know that you may drop out at any moment when there are many people in chat especially if you have a bad connection or is sitting behind a router. Another reason for dropping out are WIFIs.

Peoples problems with routers/WIFIs and online games are notorious everywhere because they simply cannot set them up properly.

Important notice
THIS IS NOT THE GAMES FORUM/TECH SUPPORTS JOB TO FIX FOR YOU OR THEIR REGULAR USERS DOING VOLUNTARILY TECH SUPPORT.
YOU have a RESPONSIBILITY to be in chat and make sure you are there.

If not in the bracket. Complain to the organizer in question in PMs and be respectful. Do not whine in public as you are the one at fault (unknowingly or not) and the organizer have no responsibility whatsoever to include you. The organizer cant know if specific chat users are late or genuinely dropped just before making bracket. Even if denied at first You may have the chance to be included due to a bye or dropout.

People leave and join all the time. Make sure you are in and there are no problems. Do so by sending yourself PMs and keep a constant eye on chat. It it stops rejoin at once.

--<>----<>----<>----<>----<>----<>--

On another related subject

Personal observation and announcement.
For the past weeks I have listed a couple of nicks that simply join tournament chat and refuse to leave until the brackets are made and that keep silent or say hardly anything or just reply yes at random. Then these nicks leave and cause byes (which i edit away but it still makes up for delays).

I'm starting to think those very few (same nicks) players are doing it on purpose to mess with the bracket. However I'm keeping this to myself for now. If you persist doing this week after week Im gonna have to talk to my fellow staff and superior admins about you and appropriate measures will follow.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

anything
blarg: