*Author

Offline TheAccuso

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Maddecks
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1000923#msg1000923
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 04:46:09 am »
How this will work with adrenaline?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:48:07 am by THEACCUSO »
My Creations:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41051.msg508466.html#msg508466
My nutella!   (n)                     |Collaboration>Competition|

Offline RutareteTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1000931#msg1000931
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 04:59:27 am »
It could either act like devourer and scorpion, and fluctuate every other attack, or go for all 3.(or however many).

I'm thinking it would be better to have it like devourer, because not only does it keep things simple, it also doesn't wear out that particular Fluxor in one turn.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1001047#msg1001047
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 04:12:29 pm »
If fluctuations are truly random, then you will end up with each copy having the average of the combined average att and hp...
eg.
If you had one uppded and one unupped in play, then over time everything will average out to being (4+7)/2 | (4+7)/2 regardless of upped or unupped status... this means that the upgraded version should either be cheaper or have greater total stats. Otherwise there is no reason to upgrade it.

By the way, will fluctuations allow interchange between att and hp or will hp and att be on seperate fluctuations.
E.g. could two 4|7 fluxors fluctuate to, say, a 5|6 and a 6|5 (which would require transfer of hp to att)?

If this is the case then it makes buffs or damage / debuffs to att and hp essentially equivalent... which would certainly be quite unique.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:16:42 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Atom_heart

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Atom_heart is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1001060#msg1001060
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 05:08:46 pm »
this means that the upgraded version should either be cheaper or have greater total stats. Otherwise there is no reason to upgrade it.
Since stats fluctuate and the advantage of starting with higher HP is not that big, I think it would be better to just reduce cost for the upgraded version. I agree on that.

If this is the case then it makes buffs or damage / debuffs to att and hp essentially equivalent... which would certainly be quite unique.
Heavy armor ftw!!! Or even better... play 3 or 4 of these and pour basilisk blood nonstop on one of them... (though i'm not sure if delay would affect the passive in this case)

Also, is there another card idea of a single creature with fluctuating stats? It rings a bell, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1001076#msg1001076
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 05:49:21 pm »
Randomly changing stats is not a new concept... though linking between all creatures of a type seems to be original as far as I can tell. (but maybe there were some made before I started frequenting card design... can't say for sure)
I know there is either a creature or spell (or maybe both) in crucible / forge that I keep passing by that does something like that (changing its stats every turn).

Here are the ones I've found:
Amorphic Goo
Deviation

There may be more, though... I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:54:37 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1001158#msg1001158
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 11:52:33 pm »
If fluctuations are truly random, then you will end up with each copy having the average of the combined average att and hp...
eg.
If you had one uppded and one unupped in play, then over time everything will average out to being (4+7)/2 | (4+7)/2 regardless of upped or unupped status... this means that the upgraded version should either be cheaper or have greater total stats. Otherwise there is no reason to upgrade it. higher hp is less vulnerable to CC. Upon first playing the 7/4, the chances are quite high that it will be killed before it lives a second turn.

By the way, will fluctuations allow interchange between att and hp or will hp and att be on seperate fluctuations.
E.g. could two 4|7 fluxors fluctuate to, say, a 5|6 and a 6|5 (which would require transfer of hp to att)? I hadn't really thought about that. At the moment, the loss of a stat is regained in that same stat. But I don't see why notto have it that way.

this means that the upgraded version should either be cheaper or have greater total stats. Otherwise there is no reason to upgrade it.
Since stats fluctuate and the advantage of starting with higher HP is not that big, I think it would be better to just reduce cost for the upgraded version. I agree on that. Reduce by how much? Stat-wise, Fluxor is very close to treading on Abomination's niche.

Heavy armor ftw!!! Or even better... play 3 or 4 of these and pour basilisk blood nonstop on one of them... (though i'm not sure if delay would affect the passive in this case)
Delay a devourer, and it still drains.

@Odin I have seen single linking, and single fluctuating stats. But none like Fluxor here.
My Decks

Offline Atom_heart

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Atom_heart is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1001201#msg1001201
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 03:02:33 am »
Mmm i don't know... Maybe 6|5 for both, cost being 7 :entropy unupped and 6 :entropy upped.
IMHO 5 HP is a nice middle point. It helps against many forms of CC on the first turn, but there are still a few things that can kill it.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1003207#msg1003207
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »
I noticed you are looking for art for this. I can try giving it a shot if you want something 3D geometric / lighting based ( I'm not too good at organic looking things yet though).
If you have an idea of what you are after, I can try making something.
If your zombie plan is

• Legendary Member
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1003334#msg1003334
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 02:16:06 am »
I noticed you are looking for art for this. I can try giving it a shot if you want something 3D geometric / lighting based ( I'm not too good at organic looking things yet though).
If you have an idea of what you are after, I can try making something.
Whatever you can do is fine :) I'm not really sure what it should look like, so your imagination is the limit!
My Decks

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1017283#msg1017283
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 04:45:21 pm »
here
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1034870#msg1034870
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 12:17:29 am »
I made this a few months back. I decided not to go forward with the card idea, but you can use it for this card if you want.

If not, I'll see if DrakeIV wants to use it for Craniad after I recolorize it to fit an :aether theme.
If your zombie plan is

• Legendary Member
Re: Flux | Fluxor https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42986.msg1034948#msg1034948
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 04:40:48 am »
I made this a few months back. I decided not to go forward with the card idea, but you can use it for this card if you want.

If not, I'll see if DrakeIV wants to use it for Craniad after I recolorize it to fit an :aether theme.
Thanks!

Updated with lower cost for the upped. Submitting to crucible!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:57:31 am by Rutarete »
My Decks

anything
blarg: