*Author

Offline SchukTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Schuk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg471160#msg471160
« on: March 15, 2012, 09:42:41 pm »
Hi there,

I have been playing Elements for about a year now. It is time I posted a deck in the forum, isn't it? (...well, don't anwer actually... ^^')

At the moment I am quite fan of the synergies between Entropy and Time. There are several 2-card combos that are quite interesting, even though they are mostly old news:
- Dune Scorpion and Chaos Power
- Fate Egg and Shard of Readiness
- Supernova and the some of the creatures that hatched in the Fate Eggs
- Butterfly Effect and either Dune Scorpion or Fate Egg (that in turn combo with SoR to destroy 2 or 3 permanents in the same turn) or a disappointing hatched creature

I tried to include all these elements into one deck. Here is the result:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vc 4vc 500 5rt 5rt 5rt 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u3 6u3 6u8 6uq 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pj

(the blank card is a Shard of Serendipity)

With 8 different types of cards (except pillars/pendulums) it doesn't exactly look like the most stable deck out there. But I like the versatility that make each game slightly different. I don't hit the nymph or the BE in each game (obviously, being unique) or even make a DS/CP or a FE/SoR combo. But I will virtually always have either, and adapt.

The strategy is simple: try to CP the scorpions as soon as possible in order to get the neurotoxin poison going. Or use a SoR on an egg to immediately hatch two identical creatures. (Usually, by turn 2, you'll have played either combo). If they have an ability, decide whether it is better to wait for a Supernova to appear or it the ability is worth a SoR. Usually you have enough quanta not to use a shard on the nymph or the BEed creature, but with the BE it can be worth it though, if used on a Time creature, because it gives 2 free destroys in the turn it is played (so basically that's 3 destroys in one turn: the first one costs 3 entropy, then you play the shard for 2 free destroys). SoS is there because the deck toys with the randomness aspect, and often at least one of the 3 cards it gives will be useful (a creature control, a pillar, an interesting Entropy card...)

I just won 2 special special spins in a row testing this deck in the Silver League. In the middle of writing this post I thought it would be a good idea to test it quickly in Gold too, and I got a special spin there too (but I suspect I have been very lucky because then the first eitherbow I chanced upon totally destroyed me). Well, the deck is still fun... (even though I'm aware that with 24/30 upgraded cards I should be tackling Diamond instead of Silver... ^^') By the way, if some cards are left unupped, it is not because I think it is better this way, but because I don't have the upped version...

Some changes could be made, of course; I'm thinking maybe a Discord or a Dissipation Shield (or even better: a second nymph, but I don't have one) instead of the SoS? Any other comment anyway welcomed  :)

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg471186#msg471186
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 10:33:02 pm »
Looks very interesting to me :)

I'd probably like to have Antimatters instead of Entropy Pillars and Nymph.
Also I might prefer to have one more BE instead of SN and one more SoR.
This would make SoSe almost useless but... I don't care xD
Anyway, I gotta try this in trainer, certainly looks like lot of fun :D

So... nice deck! :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

• New to Elements
Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg471716#msg471716
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:16:10 pm »
Thank you for the kind comment Gandora!

The Entropy Pillars are useful for a (slight) chance at launching a Supernova turn 2, and to help provide enough Entropy quanta in order to be able to use the SoR on something else than the nymph or the BE. But I suppose you're right, they could be replaced.

A second BE could be useful indeed; with only one, chances are great it won't show up. But I wouldn't remove one Supernova, they are useful too, either for a quick start, to pay for the SoR, or for the hatched creatures or those drawn with SoSe.

One more SoR? I'm not sure... even with 5, sometimes they clog my hand. Actually only one or two are really necessary: those played on the first Fate Egg. Later Fate Eggs can hatch only one creature if need be...

...and SoSe is already useless in this deck! but I like the random aspect.

Anyway, il looks like I overestimated the deck. I never managed to get a special spin in Gold again (victory rate must be close to 1/3...) But is still efficient against Silver, and most of all I have fun playing this deck :)

I could use more advice though ;)

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg471835#msg471835
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 10:58:38 pm »
I know what you mean now with too much SoR.
They definitely can clock your hand up ^^

I also underestimated the usefulness of SN.

So after testing different versions of your deck, I liked the following the most.
It sometimes was tight on quanta but it works nicely in my opinion.
It's a Entropy PSN but it should work also with time pends though your start is slower.
500 5rt 5rt 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u8 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q5 7q5 8ps

I personally think there are better decks out there which are more focused on either
fate eggs or dune scorpions. To me, in this deck, either it is a dune or a fate egg deck and the other
creature is just something like a nice bonus. So I'd stick with one of the two and remove
what doesn't concern that strategy.

Here some other decks you might find interesting:

Fate Egg Bow (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35951.0.html)

and

6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q3 7q5 7q5 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8pj

It still uses Dune Scorpions and Fate egg, but it has no SN and relies a lot on SoR. So chose wisely if you want to have two creatures or to use a skill for free. It also has more draw power.
Don't forget that the shield, if stolen, is to your disadvantage since you have no PC (excepting you're lucky ;) )
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

• New to Elements
Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg472340#msg472340
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:30:43 pm »
Thanks again for your insight.

I agree the deck would be better with a Time mark and Entropy pillars/pendulums, but I have not upped those yet...
I also agree that focusing on either the scorpions or the eggs would be more efficient. But less fun, wouldn't it... ^^

I tried to include Improved Mutations or Fallen Druids as well, but that's just too much!

Thank you also for the other decks, they look interesting... :)

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg472343#msg472343
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 03:33:46 pm »
When I see fate egg and SoR, my instincts will say "Mitosis!" loud. How about infinitely laying eggs for fun?
Also, bad eggs need to be mutation fuel.
To add to the randomness, SoSe is suggested for any SN version.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

• New to Elements
Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg472613#msg472613
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:30:25 pm »
Mitosis would be great fun indeed... but at a cost of 4 life, it's not easy to include... :'(

Yeah one improved mutation would be fun and very much within the theme... :)

burne

Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg473657#msg473657
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:08 am »
I want to share my favorite deck.

It only focus on fate eggs.

I use it to farm silver too. Every game is different so it stay enjoyable over time.

6qq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6s1 6s1 6s1 6s1 6u2 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q2 7q4 7q4 7q5 8ps

Blanks are SoSe

I think entopy pendulum and supernova are really the way you must go to improve yours.
But it may imply that you give up your nymph.

Offline Donzaloog

• Donzaloog is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Entropy/Time deck to have fun while farming Silver https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37491.msg488111#msg488111
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 12:29:03 am »
i like it

blarg: Gandora,burne