*Author

Offline raloufTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
News ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23216.msg294961#msg294961
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:47:37 pm »
Hello all here I have some ideas; maybe they are bad but I want to tell you :

First of all I think it must be intersting to create a capactity; very similar to endow; but for a creature's capacity, It must be fun, and make the game more interactive with the opponent.

Then I come with a lot of idea for pillars; the pillars with play are just used to make quanta. I think we can create new pillars, that also generate quanta but have some other effect :
_ Give them an abality when they come in to play (for example the drakness make a drain life, fire give +2/+0 life make you gain 5 life etc etc..)
_ Other suggestion : give them an acitvated capacity, not something too good but something that can help (little boost to a creature, little heal, draw for a lot of quanta or draw one then discard, little damage...)

So tell me what do you think about this..  :)
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: News ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23216.msg295050#msg295050
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:48:51 pm »
First of all: That idea has already been suggested and is in the Armory

The idea of a pillar with a "come into play" is a good idea but needs more refinement.
Drain Life would be redundant with the card Drain Life.
Fire giving +2|0 is interesting but might be too powerful for a pillar with a casting cost of 1 :fire. [Try +1|0]
Life healing 5 is a bit redundant with Heal.

The idea for a pillar with a second "activated active" ability is nothing new but the last person to suggest it had overly complex ideas from the community's point of view. The community has since changed its mind. These ideas would be a good idea if done well.
Again these pillars probably should cost 1 :fire or so to play.
I would suggest an activating cost of 0 though.
Make sure the effects are really minor. The draw 1 discard 1 is a good idea.

Number 2 and 3 are good enough ideas that I would like to help manage them. (24 cards is too much to unload at once)

Perhaps giving each element either a "come into play" or an "activated active" pillar?
 :aether Casting Cost 2 :aether|1 :aether, Come into play: Lobotomize target creature.
 :air Casting Cost 2 :air|1 :air, Activated active: 0:Deal 1 damage to target. (not sure about this one)
 :darkness Casting Cost 2 :darkness|1 :darkness, Activated active: 0:Drain 1 life from opponent.
 :fire Casting Cost 2 :fire|1 :fire Come into play: Target creature gains +1|0.
 :time Casting Cost 2 :time|1 :time, Activated active: 0:Draw 1 card then discard 1 card.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: News ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23216.msg295333#msg295333
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:52:39 am »
First of all thx for your interest !
Then sorry I didn't read all the pages that's why I didn't see that my first idea already exist ^^

I think the capacity won't be very complicated; it just works as an other permanent that give quanta too..

Then I agree with you : pillars can have a cost ! I never thought it but it's a very good idea !
i think it's no matter if cards are redundant because all pillars must have an ability in link with their elements I think.
For air The pillars can give airborne to all your creature ?
Entropy give 6 random quanta or make a chaos seed ?
Death can poison a creature ?
water can freeze etc..
tell me If you want more idea ! I have plenty of that ! ^^

I wanna say yes to your question : my goal is to make a double pillars series : 24 cards one for each elements. I think this will be a very good addition for the game. By now pillars just make quanta i think they are very underexploited. We can integrate them in the game even if they come not all in the same it is no matter.

btw the capacity I gave stand here just for example and can be modulate, in order to don't be OP.

I hope this will be real !!

TEAM
War Se7en

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: News ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23216.msg295450#msg295450
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:51:22 pm »
I think the capacity won't be very complicated; it just works as an other permanent that give quanta too..
I am unsure what you meant here.

Card suggestions having Redundancy with cards in the game is a bigger problem than you realize. It should be avoided especially when you are new to card design.

For air The pillars can give airborne to all your creature ?
Entropy give 6 random quanta or make a chaos seed ?
Death can poison a creature ?
water can freeze etc..
Giving creatures Airborne for Air is a good idea probably best as an activated ability
random quanta has problems with nova and quantum pillar
Chaos seed has problems with chaos seed and pandemonium
Infection could work as a come into play effect
Freezing has been done to death in water.

I think starting with just the following 6 cards would be wise. After feedback on those ideas you can start to create another set of 6 until all 24 are done.

:aether Casting Cost 2 :aether|1 :aether, Come into play: Lobotomize target creature.
 :air Casting Cost 2 :air|1 :air, Activated ability: Target creature becomes Airborne.
 :darkness Casting Cost 2 :darkness|1 :darkness, Activated active: 0:Drain 1 life from opponent.
 :death Casting Cost 2 :death|1 :death, Come into play ability: Infect target creature.
 :fire Casting Cost 2 :fire|1 :fire Come into play: Target creature gains +1|0.
 :time Casting Cost 2 :time|1 :time, Activated active: 0:Draw 1 card then discard 1 card.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
  • Elements lover
Re: News ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23216.msg295493#msg295493
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:43:44 pm »
Y It's okay for me we can just start with that so what I have to do now ?
TEAM
War Se7en

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: News ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23216.msg295511#msg295511
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:40:39 pm »
Y It's okay for me we can just start with that so what I have to do now ?
Official Answer
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR CARD IDEA! (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5039.0.html)
Convenient guide
Advanced Card Ideas Tutorial (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,15106.0.html)
Example
Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23253)

Do not forget to add ".png" at the end of the card image name when you save to your desktop.
When you upload from the desktop to the forum do not forget to check "additional options" -> "No thumbnail?"

For the activated pillars use the name "Obelisk". For the come into play pillars use "Monolith"

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: News ideas https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23216.msg297331#msg297331
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 05:36:43 pm »
Which are you making obelisks and which are you monoliths?
call it what you want.

I just made another.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

anything
blarg: