*Author

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg342703#msg342703
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 05:36:06 pm »
I have another idea for an interesting competition.
Challenge of the Sandstorm

While all other opposing-element synergies have been found, a strong :air Air - Earth :earth synergy has yet to be found or created.

Make a unique, creative and innovative card, either a spell, permanent or creature that best unifies these two elements and could create a strong :air :earth Duo-deck keeping in mind the card set these elements have.
^_^
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg342726#msg342726
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 06:29:10 pm »
I have another idea for an interesting competition.
Challenge of the Sandstorm

While all other opposing-element synergies have been found, a strong :air Air - Earth :earth synergy has yet to be found or created.

Make a unique, creative and innovative card, either a spell, permanent or creature that best unifies these two elements and could create a strong :air :earth Duo-deck keeping in mind the card set these elements have.
^_^
Sounds like a limited version of Opposites Attract (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,7668.0.html).

I can't help but wonder though - what synergy do :life and :death have that is commonly seen in decks?

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg342735#msg342735
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »
Well maybe not an excessive amount of synergies, but you have Feral Bond + Malignant Cell, Spine Carapace + Aflatoxin, Thorn/Spine Carapace + Soul Catcher. They're not overflowing, but they're there.

:air + :earth literally have almost none that are effective. I mean, maybe I'm just not creative but...
That's why Challenge of the Sandstorm --is-- limited, the other elements have their good share. These two don't.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg348459#msg348459
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 01:13:48 pm »
Okay, 10 seconds and I'm already agitated... sorry.  Pisces should be the Fishes, plural.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg348528#msg348528
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 03:41:09 pm »
Okay, 10 seconds and I'm already agitated... sorry.  Pisces should be the Fishes, plural.
Fixed. Thank you.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg417447#msg417447
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 04:18:39 pm »
Can we do the Dual Element Challenge? Things that are needed to do this all is 66 Dual Marks and backgrounds. Plus a list of clear understandable of what makes a good Dual Element Idea.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg417490#msg417490
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 05:56:15 pm »
Can we do the Dual Element Challenge? Things that are needed to do this all is 66 Dual Marks and backgrounds. Plus a list of clear understandable of what makes a good Dual Element Idea.
Please no. Dual Element [ :aether AND  :air] is the most radical Pseudoquanta suggestion requiring much more modification of the code and being even more restrictive during design than Duo Cards. AKA It has higher cost to add for lower benefit than existing mechanics. Dual Element makes sense in a Mana based game but not in a Quanta based game.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg417758#msg417758
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 04:38:33 am »
Please no. Dual Element [ :aether AND  :air] is the most radical Pseudoquanta suggestion requiring much more modification of the code and being even more restrictive during design than Duo Cards. AKA It has higher cost to add for lower benefit than existing mechanics. Dual Element makes sense in a Mana based game but not in a Quanta based game.
I would like to do it mostly for the fun of the ideas. I would not expect any such ideas to make it into the game. How powerful would Aer( :aether :air) be? I don't get my hopes very high when I design an idea anymore. I do it for the pure joy of creating. I have not had any ideas get above crucible yet, and I am fine with that. Again I would just like to do this merely for the enjoyment of design.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg417763#msg417763
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 04:57:08 am »
I would like to do it mostly for the fun of the ideas. I would not expect any such ideas to make it into the game. How powerful would Aer( :aether :air) be? I don't get my hopes very high when I design an idea anymore. I do it for the pure joy of creating. I have not had any ideas get above crucible yet, and I am fine with that. Again I would just like to do this merely for the enjoyment of design.
Dual Element costs would be balanced as if they cost total quanta +1 because they act like more restrictive Duo cards.

Forget for a moment that EtG exists. Pretend we were just talking about a hypothetical system with hypothetical cards. This system has a quanta basis for casting cards. In this system I see no situation where a Dual cost is preferred over a Duo pair of costs if both are possible without breaking mechanical themes. Why design Dual instead of the mechanically preferred Duo? This is something I do not understand.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg417764#msg417764
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2011, 05:00:16 am »
If I understand this Dual Element is where a card requires both Element X quanta AND Element Y quanta? I believe EmeraldTiger was actually referring to Duality (either).
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg417766#msg417766
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 05:08:38 am »
I am not sure how Zblader intended for this to work, but this is how I see it.
in the case of 4 Aer any combination of :aether  or :air  to = 4 quanta.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Designer Challenges : Main Page https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21649.msg417769#msg417769
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 05:23:04 am »
I am not sure how Zblader intended for this to work, but this is how I see it.
in the case of 4 Aer any combination of :aether  or :air  to = 4 quanta.
Ah,
The Duality Set is composed of cards with Pseudoquanta cost mechanic "Hybrid Quanta" or " :aether or  :air".
Dual Element is a cost mechanic of  :aether AND  :air.

My criticisms/remarks were only about Dual Element not about Duality.

On Duality/Hybrid Quanta:
I have seen respectable enthusiasm but a low-average quality on average in the past. I see no problems with such a challenge but would not expect many gems either.

blarg: