*Author

TehColin

need help with a fun fire/death combo https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg366161#msg366161
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:20:21 pm »
Code: [Select]
52h 52h 52h 52h 52i 52i 52i 52i 52i 52n 52n 52r 52r 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 5f2 5f2 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fa 5fa 5l9 5l9
salutations!

I am trying to go for a fun pillar-less fire/death deck just to play against friends.  immolation + soul catchers spew forth tons of  :death:fire, and my goal with this deck is to drop multiple dragons simultaneously.  I need some help tweaking it though.  The balance seems pretty far off.  I was hoping to get some insight  :D

thanks

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: need help with a fun fire/death combo https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg368651#msg368651
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:15:22 am »
Team Death used something similar in the third War (here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,24184.0.html)).  I'd recommend losing the Boneyards cuz they really just don't move the needle much.  I like Sparks more than Photons as well because they can feed your SCs and BWs as well.  Hope that helps!

TehColin

Re: need help with a fun fire/death combo https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg368815#msg368815
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 01:46:07 pm »
Ah, thank you sir! Was afraid that this deck was a lost cause. 

EDIT: what do you think of using the dragons vs. phoenixes?

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: need help with a fun fire/death combo https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg368882#msg368882
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:24:30 pm »
EDIT: what do you think of using the dragons vs. phoenixes?
I'm partial to phoenixes because you can immolate them.  Which is not only handy if you can't find low cost creatures, but also if you need to immo something fast cuz it'd give you quanta for a bone dragon OR if your phoenix gets frozen or basilisk bloodeded.  But dragons would probably work fine and I could see a (basically) all dragon deck would be fun to play.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: need help with a fun fire/death combo https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg371850#msg371850
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »
Immolation + Soul Catcher is a huge quanta engine, but it's risky at best.  The core of it has to be 18 cards big: 6x Soul Catcher, 6x Immolation, and 6x (something to be immolated, usually Spark or Photon).  That leaves you with 12 cards to actually DO something with all that quanta, so it had better be something BIG. :)

Like Dragons. :)

Fortunately, Immolation also produces a mess of quanta on the side, and you can do stuff with that as well.  By utilizing the side quanta to buy yourself a little more time, you'll have more success in getting your combo off.  I was thinking something like this:

Code: [Select]
52h 52h 52h 52h 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 596 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5i5 5og 5ur 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61q
The Mark could be Death or Fire as well, doesn't matter, I just made it Earth because I love Iridium Wardens.  But here you have a decent (cheap) shield, some creature control to wear down their offense and buy you time to build up your combo, a little bit of poison in case they think they're gonna Dim Shield their way to victory, and a couple of extra 1-CC creatures to Immolate should you draw no Sparks.  (Oh, and Sparks because they suicide even if you don't need to Immolate them, thus more Death quanta).

If you don't have a Vampire Dagger, consider a Hammer or a Phoenix in it's place.

You could also consider swapping out one Bone Dragon for a Bone Wall, too.

Good luck!

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline xn0ize

• Reputation Power: 12
  • xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • IT IZ A ME, X NOIZEY.
  • Awards: Championship League 3/2015 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2014 1st PlaceWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: need help with a fun fire/death combo https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg372176#msg372176
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:11:15 pm »
like kev has told you, [ we were in the same team in war ], team death have made a immo deck as well, but theirs was more balanced thought.
boneyards slow you down too much, drop them out , drop the photons for sparks, you don't want to wait to wait too long for immo to get some death quanta.
drop the golems and crimson dragons, and add phoenixes instead, you benefit from it, you can immo your own phoenix to get enough quanta for bone dragon, and play another phoenix.
have 6 immolations and 6 phoenixes, drop few viruses for sparks as well, team death had to have 50% of it's own element, you don't , you can remove viruses for 6sparks, and leave few viruses , and add another bonedragon. and this is it really , you get a very good immo deck that can make alot of damage very quickly, i have beaten the immortal with this deck, so keep in mind how fast this can be when it's balanced enough.

i find this alot better version, much stronger and faster, and yes , it's very war-deck alike, but only few changes, but i think that's the best you can go with improving this deck:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52h 52h 52h 52h 52h 52i 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 8pk
:death Trials 4# Blonde too strong.
Team :death War - 1st place

CL 2/2014 1713 points, 1st place.
Team Air War 9#  :air :air :air

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: need help with a fun fire/death combo https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28650.msg372343#msg372343
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:19:40 pm »
I really like that deck concept, but however, I do recommend focusing more on one core combo which is immolation+soul catcher and drop the viruses, or virus+soul catcher.

Let's examine the options:

Virus: Provides a first burst of :death :death and  :death :death after the creature you infect has died but takes fairly long and costs  :death to start, however it has the advantage that it is mono.
Immolation: Provides a first burst of 7  :fire:death :death and 1 of more each element (except fire). However, it is a 2 card combo.
Sparks: You don't have to immolate them like photons for them to be useful. They combo well with immolation in this deck.

But like Essence said, Immolation has the nice advantage of producing 1 of every other quanta so you can add low cost cards from other elements that will speed up the deck:
Viable candidates for these "off" cards are:
Chrysaora: Nice damage and you're producing loads of  :death for it to convert to poison!
Mind Flayer: Very nice skill
Graboid: very good attack at a cheap cost, though they are rather costly for this deck
Fog Shield: Cheap shield that blocks 40% of damage.
Vampire stiletto: Good damage and heals.
Chaos Seed: Cheap CC

Consider replacing the dragons for Lava Golems or Phoenixes because 1 immolation pays for 1 (or more) of them and Phoenixes can be revived after being immo'd. I recommend a build like this:

4vi 52h 52h 52h 52h 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 55u 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5i5 5og 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 8po

However, for a more Virus centered build I would go something like:
52h 52h 52h 52h 52i 52i 52i 52i 52i 52i 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 52v 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fa 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 8pk

blarg: xn0ize,agentflare