*Author

Active members:
PuppyChow(1) kev(1) Sdgc(3)

Sdgc

[HELP] Fractal Scarab Deck (good for FG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10667.msg131368#msg131368
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:56:25 pm »
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could help me better my deck a little bit. A while ago I saw an unupped fractal scarab deck that was WAY better than what i was using back then and I simply loved the idea.
After a few arrangements and upgrades this is what I've got so far

Basically you just stall with sundials and stealing/exploding stuff untill you get enough mana to fractal a scarab and start eating your way to victory. 4 of each makes it likely to draw at least one in the first few hands. It rapes lvl5.
Protect Artifact is there to have a chance with Seism and other annoying FG. Btw It has a pretty fair Win/Lose ratio againts FG, the only ones who are very very hard are Dark Matter, Eternal Phoenix, Obliterator, Scorpio and Seism if you don't get the protect on your opening hand and/or your luck sucks and earth mana isn't generated.

I just wanted to know what you guys think and what advice could you give. I belive Electrum Hourglasses aren't a bad choice...

Thanks!

PuppyChow

Re: [HELP] Fractal Scarab Deck (good for FG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10667.msg131384#msg131384
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:14 pm »
It looks pretty good. I'd consider a permafrost shield to help stall, and replace the explosions with hourglasses. And add in another pulvy. And replace a steal or two with a fire storm or two.

Explosions are fine for fast rush decks or decks that can only splash an element, but in rainbows, especially stall oriented ones, it's better to go with long term destructive power.

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: [HELP] Fractal Scarab Deck (good for FG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10667.msg131395#msg131395
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:36:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

There are a fair amount of duo aether/time scarab decks out there.  Here's  (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,4765.msg78257#msg78257) one I used in with some success against FGs (in trainer).  You appear to be kind of doing an in-between of a fractal scarab FG deck and a more typical rainbow FG deck.  My experience with these kind of hybrid decks has not been good.

Regardless, I think you'd be more stable if you cut the deck down to below 40 cards.  Decks this large without hourglasses are... uncommon.  You can't really fit in the hourglasses though because the :time quanta is so precious.  Currently popular in FG decks are two things you might consider:
1) SoGs instead of bonds, which would be less helpful later in the game when you have a board full of scarabs and you're trying to EM but more helpful early when you're trying to stall, and
2) A good shield, like Permafrost, to help stall.

I'd think you'd need more stalling against critters than perms, so you might consider replacing the 3 deflags w/a RoF, for instance.

Ninja'd by Pup.

Sdgc

Re: [HELP] Fractal Scarab Deck (good for FG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10667.msg131638#msg131638
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:19:50 am »
It looks pretty good. I'd consider a permafrost shield to help stall, and replace the explosions with hourglasses. And add in another pulvy. And replace a steal or two with a fire storm or two.

Explosions are fine for fast rush decks or decks that can only splash an element, but in rainbows, especially stall oriented ones, it's better to go with long term destructive power.
Thanks, I think permafrost is a nice addition. I was thinking what to do with the unused water quanta, and I believe that suits just fine. Also the RoF come in handy, I added the eagle's to do just that, but that is much faster, and more mana efficient.

Sdgc

Re: [HELP] Fractal Scarab Deck (good for FG) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10667.msg131643#msg131643
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 06:35:31 am »
Regardless, I think you'd be more stable if you cut the deck down to below 40 cards.  Decks this large without hourglasses are... uncommon.  You can't really fit in the hourglasses though because the :time quanta is so precious.  Currently popular in FG decks are two things you might consider:
1) SoGs instead of bonds, which would be less helpful later in the game when you have a board full of scarabs and you're trying to EM but more helpful early when you're trying to stall, and
2) A good shield, like Permafrost, to help stall.
The thing is i like to have multiple options to deal with problems, I can steal it, if not I can explode it, if not I can pulverize it, and so on.. An for that I need that many cards... I don't think size should be a problem if, statistically speaking, the deck is well balanced. But yeah, as you put it, when getting fatter the hourglasses are the way to go, and  :time quanta is needed for the scarabs. I considered adding a one or two time towers to fix this, but somehow I'm not convinced...

blarg: