*Author

Active members:
SpikeSpiegel(1) Thalas(1) omegareaper7(1) Kuroaitou(1) jmizzle7(1) Lovers(1) BloodlinE(1) Zaealix(1) Jen-i(1) 1world24(1) Onizuka(1) the dictator(1) LifeLockable(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) XYTWO(1) avantasia666(1) Tea is good(1) Baily18(1) DrOctaganapus2(1) mrbarbarian(1) PepsysSoul(1) pie(1) EmeraldTiger(1) Jenkar(1) Taffer(1) siriosirio(1) Zblader(1) zumba(1) morningstar(1) Jeep7up(1) teffy(1) TheManuz(1) Skullgasm(1) Acsabi44(1) NDeathy(1) bripod(1) Malebolgia(1) zombie0(1) Contrary(1) macgawel(1) Bonestorm(1) Jasoya(1) Demagog(1) valuka(1) cccombobreaker(1) sharkweekk(1) nco(1) cosine23(1) plastiqe(1) xdude(1) Gorthos(1) pisul(1) Gemini(1) LD_Raine(1) bobknows(1) sieglsiegl(1) Shantu(1) jawdirk(1) Absol(1) Cunning_Wish(1) THEACCUSO(1) Eddygp(1) Meruan4Nemesis(1) Encephalon Decay(2) 10 men(2) Isei(2) tyranim(2) Picheleiro(2) frlaa(2) Snopel(2) bogtro(2) coinich(2) Aves(2) moomoose(2) poperekov(2) FallenSoul(2) Cheesy111(2) Asterix3(2) The_Mormegil(3) PlayerOa(3) Jaymanfu(3) Zeru(3) suxerz(3) LongDono(3) MatrimKK(3) TStar(3) ScaredGuy(3) loadquo(3) Dogg(3) willng3(3) violenceisanart(3) YoungSot(4) jmdt(4) dracomageat(4) rowcla(4) GG(4) furballdn(4) onnig(4) Rember(4) Nepycros(5) DarknessDemon(5) ddevans96(6) Sevs(6) Pineapple(6) Marvaddin(6) Avenger(6) PuppyChow(6) bored_ninja777(6) calindu(7) ralouf(7) Elite Arbiter(7) Jangoo(7) Brontos(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Hodari(9) RRQJ(9) Xenocidius(10) rosutosefi(10) Chapuz(10) Essence(12) darkrobe(12) Atico(15) BluePriest(27) OldTrees(40)

Offline ScaredGuy

• Reputation Power: 0
  • ScaredGuy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not to be confused with Selena Gomez
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395587#msg395587
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2011, 03:00:13 pm »
True, but that also makes you vulnerable to healing. Maybe it would be more balanced if you could target either player with Heal.

Offline Jeep7up

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Jeep7up is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I can't hug every cat :'(
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg395938#msg395938
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2011, 02:52:08 am »
Purple nymph are usefull  :o and antimatter
The game needs more cats. :3

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396124#msg396124
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2011, 12:59:49 pm »
Each turn of SoS slows down the opponent's win condition by 2 turns.
Dimensional Shield only slows it down for 3 turns.
partial true. Because of the healing, it would be about 3-4 turns.
But we should forget, that damage /healing increases over time and that we have a HP penalty for using this shard. The HP penalty should be balanced, so that SoS isn´t useful against low damage decks and useful against high damage decks (e.g. rushs). Unfortunately, FGs and Arena have a higher damage output than PvP decks, and this card will be especially useful against them. That means finding the right HP penalty is difficult, if not impossible.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396140#msg396140
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2011, 01:53:29 pm »
Each turn of SoS slows down the opponent's win condition by 2 turns.
Dimensional Shield only slows it down for 3 turns.
partial true. Because of the healing, it would be about 3-4 turns.
But we should forget, that damage /healing increases over time and that we have a HP penalty for using this shard. The HP penalty should be balanced, so that SoS isn´t useful against low damage decks and useful against high damage decks (e.g. rushs). Unfortunately, FGs and Arena have a higher damage output than PvP decks, and this card will be especially useful against them. That means finding the right HP penalty is difficult, if not impossible.
Each turn of SoS (SoS lasts for 2 turns) slows down the opponent's win condition by about 2 turns (about 4 turns total).

Now with the increased hp cost (30|24) it slows a high damage (fast win condition) deck down by about 3-4 turns and slows a low damage (slow win condition) deck down by 1-2 turns.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline bored_ninja777

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396930#msg396930
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »
not sure if this is new or not, but in the beta SOS now is cost of 30 life.. 24 upgraded.. That to me seems just a little too high of a life cost. i could see maybe 20  and 16.. but 30?
~McPasty was here~

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396937#msg396937
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:45 pm »
Speeding you opponent's win condition up by 30|24 hp is well worth slowing that win condition down for 4 turns.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline bored_ninja777

• bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396942#msg396942
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2011, 08:51:09 pm »
Speeding you opponent's win condition up by 30|24 hp is well worth slowing that win condition down for 4 turns.
its 4 turns now? i thought the ai used 2 of em in row.. and they stacked.. i guess i missed that.. well maybe.. if you manage to heal 30|24 hp in the stalling..
~McPasty was here~

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396946#msg396946
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:33 pm »
its 4 turns now? i thought the ai used 2 of em in row.. and they stacked.. i guess i missed that.. well maybe.. if you manage to heal 30|24 hp in the stalling..
2 turns of inverted damage slows down the opponent by 4 turns as it takes an additional 2 turns to catch up.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396947#msg396947
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »
No, no, the Sos stays for 2 turns, but considering that in 2 turns you don't take damage and heal instead, that slows down the opponent by 4 turns.
Think of an opponent that deal constant damage every turn:
TurnYour HP
Without SoS you're dead in 6 turns.
TurnYour HP
play Shard of Sacrifice
end Shard of Sacrifice
And you're dead in 10 turns, 4 turns more than without SoS.Of course damage output tend to grow with turns, and i've not counted the HP lost for the sacrifice, but that will explain the concept.

EDIT: Ninja'd by OldTrees  :P

Offline bored_ninja777

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396951#msg396951
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2011, 09:06:25 pm »
it could only slow 2 turns.. if sundials are used. no attack = no life gain. so they could end up losing 30 life and gaining nothing. sundials just became  way more powerful than before once this shard is out.
~McPasty was here~

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396973#msg396973
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »
it could only slow 2 turns.. if sundials are used. no attack = no life gain. so they could end up losing 30 life and gaining nothing. sundials just became  way more powerful than before once this shard is out.
True, using a Sundial against SoS can mitigate the defense and cause it to only slow your offense by 2 turns total. However usually SoS will slow the opponent by 4 turns.

Offline bored_ninja777

Re: Shard of Sacrifice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28840.msg396984#msg396984
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2011, 09:27:39 pm »
True, using a Sundial against SoS can mitigate the defense and cause it to only slow your offense by 2 turns total. However usually SoS will slow the opponent by 4 turns.
that may be the USUAL case.. until people start throwing sundials in upgraded or not just for the 1 turn stall to prevent the SOS from ruining things. I took mine out due to new cards and they were only useful in some situations to prevent a death and if i could turn it around somehow.. but with this shard i will most definitely be adding at least 2 back in and reworking things in my deck.

random question.. what if vamps hit this.. do i still game the damage? even though they healed? or will it work like antimatter and ill take the damage from my vamp? does poison still accumulate?
~McPasty was here~

anything
blarg: