*Author

Celidion

Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg275053#msg275053
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:07:37 am »
NAME:
Erosion
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
6 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Opponent's permanents have a chance to be destroyed.
 :water :water: Adds an erosion counter.
NAME:
Erosion
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
6 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Opponent's permanents have a chance to be destroyed.
 :water: Adds an erosion counter.
ART:
Lynn Betts
IDEA:
Celidion
NOTES:
This is where I got my art: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Runoff_of_soil_%26_fertilizer.jpg

I believe it should start at 2 counters(10%), and each counter would add 5%. This maxes at 30%.
SERIES:
N/A

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg275064#msg275064
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 02:19:43 am »
So what is the starting chance for permanents to not work?

Celidion

Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg275068#msg275068
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 02:25:05 am »
So what is the starting chance for permanents to not work?
5% or 10%, not an expert on balance, so I don't want to make it OP.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg275150#msg275150
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 04:10:14 am »
Skip the flavor text and you'll be able to get all your mechanics on there:

Opponent's permanents may not work.  Drain :water per turn.  :water : further erode opponent's permanents.

Done.  Then just put a cute little counter on the permanent indicating what the current percentage is.  (It should start at 5% and go up 5% per activation.)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Celidion

Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg275161#msg275161
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 04:36:41 am »
Skip the flavor text and you'll be able to get all your mechanics on there:

Opponent's permanents may not work.  Drain :water per turn.  :water : further erode opponent's permanents.

Done.  Then just put a cute little counter on the permanent indicating what the current percentage is.  (It should start at 5% and go up 5% per activation.)
Done so, thanks for suggestion.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg276476#msg276476
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:01 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Leave the ATK|HP section of the table blank if the card is not a creature (i.e. - remove the 'N/A' part from the table)
-Fix the TEXT of both your tables so that it matches the card's wording within the image:
Instead of-

"Deteriorate your opponent's permanents, causing them to function improperly.  Uses 1 :water per turn."

...it should be:

"Opponent's permanents may not work. :water Drain per turn. :water: Further erode the opponent's permanents."

Slightly reminds me of this old Erosion (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10096.0.html) idea, but the mechanic is different in that it disables, rather than destroys. Despite the expensive upkeep (:water isn't known for quick quanta production of :water), it's a decent idea, but one that might be ignored compared to some of the current permanents within the Crucible...  :-\

Celidion

Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg276522#msg276522
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Leave the ATK|HP section of the table blank if the card is not a creature (i.e. - remove the 'N/A' part from the table)
-Fix the TEXT of both your tables so that it matches the card's wording within the image:
Instead of-

"Deteriorate your opponent's permanents, causing them to function improperly.  Uses 1 :water per turn."

...it should be:

"Opponent's permanents may not work. :water Drain per turn. :water: Further erode the opponent's permanents."

Slightly reminds me of this old Erosion (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10096.0.html) idea, but the mechanic is different in that it disables, rather than destroys. Despite the expensive upkeep (:water isn't known for quick quanta production of :water), it's a decent idea, but one that might be ignored compared to some of the current permanents within the Crucible...  :-\
Okay thanks, I changed it a bit and found much better art, let me know what you think.  :)

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg276526#msg276526
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 08:38:03 pm »
The card says "Title". Please change that to "Erosion".

Also I think counters should just add 5%, 10% seems to build up too quickly. (it could start with 2 counters to give it a default starting rate or 10%)

Celidion

Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg276527#msg276527
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:39:06 pm »
The card says "Title". Please change that to "Erosion".

Also I think counters should just add 5%, 10% seems to build up too quickly. (it could start with 2 counters to give it a default starting rate or 10%)
Ah thanks, totally missed that one.  :o And I'll change the charges, what they were originally.

Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg276532#msg276532
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:43:43 pm »
Here's something with kind of the same idea..

Tidal Wave | Tsunami 6 :water
At the end of each turn, wash away X permanents where X is the number of wave counters.
:water :water : Add a wave counter.

'Washing away' returns the permanent to its owners hand, so if you have 3 wave counters on Tidal Wave, it returns 3 permanents (at random) to its owners hand.

If you say this is OP, remember, pillars are permanents too, so sometimes it will wash those away instead of shields / swords / hourglasses.

What if their hand is full? Either the extra permanents could be topdecked (like a rewind for perms) or just destroyed/discarded.

Another suggestion was the cost for adding wave counters would be twice as many wave counters as is already on Tidal Wave, and Tidal Wave comes into play with a counter.. So to add a 7th counter, it would cost 12 quanta. If this were to be implemented, I would think the card should cost more like 2-3 :water .

Celidion

Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg276547#msg276547
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 09:18:54 pm »
Here's something with kind of the same idea..

Tidal Wave | Tsunami 6 :water
At the end of each turn, wash away X permanents where X is the number of wave counters.
:water :water : Add a wave counter.

'Washing away' returns the permanent to its owners hand, so if you have 3 wave counters on Tidal Wave, it returns 3 permanents (at random) to its owners hand.

If you say this is OP, remember, pillars are permanents too, so sometimes it will wash those away instead of shields / swords / hourglasses.

What if their hand is full? Either the extra permanents could be topdecked (like a rewind for perms) or just destroyed/discarded.

Another suggestion was the cost for adding wave counters would be twice as many wave counters as is already on Tidal Wave, and Tidal Wave comes into play with a counter.. So to add a 7th counter, it would cost 12 quanta. If this were to be implemented, I would think the card should cost more like 2-3 :water .
Sounds great, possibly synergy with Nightmare/GotP. Anyway, I believe this card is ready for the crucible, please let me know if you want me to do anything else, curators.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Erosion | Erosion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21494.msg277852#msg277852
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 07:36:28 pm »
I have been summoned.

Unfortunately I have no real basis to judge this card balance wise. It is just that different from everything else even pulverizer.

I do like how simplistic it is set up. This kind of a card would also fit in Time with just quanta changes (if it turns out to be OP then a duo is an option). I think an activation cost of  :water :water :water| :water :water might be better.

As for casting cost I would suggest leave it for now until you get more comments from experienced players.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

blarg: