*Author

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Demonic Pact | Demonic Covenant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32513.msg416148#msg416148
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:11 pm »
I seriously cannot undestand why it's not a permanent.
I know that even shard of sacrifice is a spell that has an effect that spans over 2 turns, but... i don't like it!
I really dislike uncounterable things.
Make it a permanent, make it with an activated ability that can be used multiple times, so you can spend all excess quanta you want, and even if your opponent destroys it, you still gained a lot of turns.
Also, Darkness often has excess :darkness thanks to Devourers, and since the new quanta cap, most of it is unused.

Something like:
:darkness: Demonic Pact
Lose X HP. Put an Obsidian Pillar on the bottom of the deck. Can be used multiple times per turn.
I agree
Pa'd eternity + 3 time pillars and photon, never deck. 7 hp is fine for a price, and not all dark decks use vampires.
It's not for the 7 hp, it's that i don't like the spell form. But i already said that many times, so i won't say it again.

Offline mildlyfrightenedboyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Demonic Pact | Demonic Covenant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32513.msg416166#msg416166
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 09:44:03 pm »
Counters:
Silence is a direct counter to this card.  Play it once they are in deckout-prevention, and they are screwed.  You will have no cards in your deck (unless you play more than one of the card, in which case your opponent just took 14/12 damage, and if your deck can't win with a 14/12 HP advantage, you need a new one)
Simple damage always works too.  They will take 7/6 damage per turn with this card, so they will be more vulnerable.

Sorry, but it is staying a spell.  A permanent form would be too vulnerable (increasing the possible counters to include Pulverizer and Deflagration), and that isn't what I need when there is already Eternity + Photon, which is a deckout with all of the same vulnerabilities (Deflagration, Pulverizer, Silence, and simple damage) but does not reduce your HP and is also powerful CC.  This card's advantage over Eternity + Photon is that it is more reliable (cannot be destroyed with Pulverizer or Deflagration) and accelerates quanta production (one Darkness Pillar / Tower per use), but accelerates your demise through damage (7/6 HP / use) and does not also function as CC (like Reverse Time).

It has its own strengths and weaknesses purely because it is a spell and not a permanent, and changing it to a permanent would upset the balance.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Demonic Pact | Demonic Covenant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32513.msg419787#msg419787
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:35 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Please use the new Darkness backgrounds in the 1.29 card image builders for your card ideas.

EDIT:
The original post has not been changed ever since I posted in this topic. ^^; Please change the card background to the new Darkness backgrounds of the 1.29+ patch.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Demonic Pact | Demonic Covenant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32513.msg468803#msg468803
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 06:26:45 pm »
I examined this card again, and i think i was too harsh.
In fact, i find it's balanced and i will support it.
The mechanic is clean: you gain 2 cards in your deck (this one + a pillar) at the cost of HP.

blarg: