*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322251#msg322251
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:11:30 am »
NAME:
Mirage
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
:light
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Create a copy of target creature. That creature has 1 | 1 and its stats cannot be raised.
NAME:
Mirage
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
:light
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Create a copy of target creature. That creature has 2 | 3 and its stats cannot be raised.
ART:
Zblader, heavily modified from http://www.sxc.hu/photo/760688
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
Light (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23946.0.html), tell you darn dragon to stop chasing me already!  AHH-

...that was just a puny Ray of Light?! Obsidian Dragons, chase the fool!

Light Sage (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23946.0.html)'s famillar - it is bodyless until it copies an entity and has no prolonged physical form, and thus is represented by a spell instead.

A cheaper version of PU that works well with small creatures, and is useful for getting a copy of target creature's ability.
SERIES:
Subseries - Sage Familliars (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22551.0.html)

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322307#msg322307
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:17:38 am »
How will this work for mutations? Because whenever a mutation dejavus or is PUd, it's different, along with the ability
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322321#msg322321
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:39:35 am »
How will this work for mutations? Because whenever a mutation dejavus or is PUd, it's different, along with the ability
I think unlike Mutation (for balance reasons) the only thing the creature will mutate is the ability. The stats will still be set to 1 | 1 or 2 | 3.

Flayne

Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322359#msg322359
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 02:21:49 am »
Nice idea, though mirages aren't exactly real entities, they are illusions, if you copy something such as PU does, it has to be real to be a copy.
I think a name change is imminent but its up to you, the card seems generally balanced, though if I target a creature with frozen status, will the copy be of frozen status as well?

• Legendary Member
Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322360#msg322360
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:29:12 am »
Nice idea, though mirages aren't exactly real entities, they are illusions, if you copy something such as PU does, it has to be real to be a copy.
Generally a mirage requires something else to be present to "see" the mirage and the illusions created is enchanced by Light's magic to become solid, although weak, since normal mirages are just refracted light rays.
I think a name change is imminent but its up to you, the card seems generally balanced, though if I target a creature with frozen status, will the copy be of frozen status as well?
Yep. With the exception of mutations, the card behaves exactly like PU, so status effects are copied.

Flayne

Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322372#msg322372
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 02:47:08 am »
Generally a mirage requires something else to be present to "see" the mirage and the illusions created is enchanced by Light's magic to become solid, although weak, since normal mirages are just refracted light rays.
Yep. With the exception of mutations, the card behaves exactly like PU, so status effects are copied.
I still find the name a little incoherent with the ability, since an illusion is an illusion, if it's there doesn't mean it is real or can affect you or your surroundings in anyway in reality. being able to attack means to affect the opponents hp, so an illusion is basically hurting the opponent physically? I understand mentally but not physically.

but again its up to you, im just saying.

• Legendary Member
Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322378#msg322378
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:03:46 am »
Light can harm you - that's why we get sunburn.

There are spells in RPGs and video games that summon damaging illusions. For example ninja clones are technically illusions but they can damage stuff.

So theorectically I could have a spell in elements that summons and illusion that can impact on the physical world, thus mirage.

Flayne

Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322388#msg322388
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 03:10:59 am »
Light can harm you - that's why we get sunburn.

There are spells in RPGs and video games that summon damaging illusions. For example ninja clones are technically illusions but they can damage stuff.

So theorectically I could have a spell in elements that summons and illusion that can impact on the physical world, thus mirage.
When I think of mirage, I think of the type of mirage you see in a desert.
the classical Oasis with plam trees and coconuts surrounding it, I jump for it and start drinking water, only to find that it was a mirage and actually am stuffing my self with sand.
Thats what i think of mirage, an illusion that wasn't real.
I know perfectly well about damagin illusions from other games.
I'm speaking about logic which has nothing to do with other rpg games, and even though elements is a fantasy game, it is still logical in most aspects;

for example:
Steam machine obviously needs heat to produce steam, where do we generally get heat for the steam machine? from fire  :fire.
its fantasy but still logical.

• Legendary Member
Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322404#msg322404
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41:44 am »
A Mirage is a weak illusion that cannot actually damage things.

If I used magic to enhance the Mirage I could solidify it temporarily, thus the idea behind this card.

Flayne

Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322411#msg322411
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 03:52:53 am »
A Mirage is a weak illusion that cannot actually damage things.

If I used magic to enhance the Mirage I could solidify it temporarily, thus the idea behind this card.
Fair enough, fantasy is fantasy.
although imo it sounds harrypotter-ish where one can just do anything merely because its magic.

DeadRinger23

Re: Mirage | Solar Mirage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25276.msg322707#msg322707
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »
I'm really digging this. I can think of plenty of uses... though I'd use it exclusively to copy abilities, not to get more damage on the field.

blarg: