*Author

Offline FlareGlutox

• Reputation Power: 4
  • FlareGlutox is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • My ingame name is actually Glutox.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - Element Poll | What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg395154#msg395154
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2011, 09:59:05 pm »
This might get concidered to be OP as soon as i post it, but i am doing it anyway:

How about giving the creature mitosis as an active ability? It will then be able to spawn a duplicate of itself the same turn it was played, while the duplicate also has no summoning sickness and can spawn another one until the user runs out of quanta.
Of course the cost will need to be high and the stats shouldn't be to good, but it could be used as a sudden surprise attack or as a synergy with cards such as empathic bond or fallen druid. (especially since life would fit best for this ability anyway)

<epic signature here>

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - Element Poll | What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg395198#msg395198
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2011, 10:47:00 pm »
This might get concidered to be OP as soon as i post it, but i am doing it anyway:

How about giving the creature mitosis as an active ability? It will then be able to spawn a duplicate of itself the same turn it was played, while the duplicate also has no summoning sickness and can spawn another one until the user runs out of quanta.
Of course the cost will need to be high and the stats shouldn't be to good, but it could be used as a sudden surprise attack or as a synergy with cards such as empathic bond or fallen druid. (especially since life would fit best for this ability anyway)

Another possible idea. It would have to be balanced carefully but it is possible. I do not think Mitosis would utilize the full potential of Swift but it does utilize Swift in an interesting manner.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline mildlyfrightenedboy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - Element Poll | What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg395268#msg395268
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:53 am »
I think that, if we could somehow miraculously balance it, it would be amazing, but I love the swift/mitosis idea.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - Element Poll | What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg395345#msg395345
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2011, 04:11:22 am »
I think that, if we could somehow miraculously balance it, it would be amazing, but I love the swift/mitosis idea.
Consider balancing it done. It might take 1-3 tries but I am confident in how to balance it.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg395847#msg395847
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2011, 10:45:39 pm »
Okay, here's the list of abilities I've compiled. I'll leave the Submission Phase open for one more day incase someone wants to suggest mechanics.

Current Suggestions:
Swift/Mitosis
Swift/Buff effect
Swift/Transformation (Note - Transformation is not necessarily limited to one creature - consider possible transformation of other creatures like Fallen Elf's ability)
Swift/Haste (Target creature gains Swift)
Swift/Sacrifice to cause X

Offline FlareGlutox

• Reputation Power: 4
  • FlareGlutox is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • My ingame name is actually Glutox.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg396130#msg396130
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2011, 01:19:13 pm »
My suggestion would be: after the ability poll is finished, we should vote for the possible element again, since element and ability are two things that should definitely fit thematically.
<epic signature here>

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg396511#msg396511
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2011, 02:33:36 am »
Swift/attack growth (Like, multiple times per turn but wears off after one attack).

Swift one use deal Damage

Swift one use draw

Swift Cloak

Swift One use PC.

Swift growth with 0 HP

Swift one use heal HP

That's all I can think of for now. We should get more entries to make it more communityish.

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg397527#msg397527
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2011, 09:46:02 pm »
That's all I can think of for now. We should get more entries to make it more communityish.
I think 12 options is a lot to choose from that were suggested/debated by 4-5 users this round. I think it's fair enough, but perhaps we could promote the thread more in chat?

Poll started.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg397539#msg397539
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:49 pm »
I'll add a promoting link in my signature!

veemon293

Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg398071#msg398071
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2011, 09:30:47 pm »
Pack: at the end of every turn, this creature creates X copies of itself and gets +1|+1, where X is the number of this card on the board divided by 2, rounded down.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Community Card Design [Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg398073#msg398073
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2011, 09:32:18 pm »
Pack: at the end of every turn, this creature creates X copies of itself and gets +1|+1, where X is the number of this card on the board divided by 2, rounded down.
Why not the easier to balance Mitosis mechanic? Keep It Simple and Straightforward.

• Legendary Member
Re: Community Card Design [Polling - Phase 3 - What Mechanics pair well?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29355.msg400894#msg400894
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2011, 12:24:29 am »
Only 9 people voted - that's okay enough, but we really could use could use more participants.

Phase 3.5 Discussion Phase - Element Review and Defining the ability has started.

Do we still prefer Air as the element to go with Swift? If not, which element do you think fits better?

Our Swift creauture will have an ability to buff a card.

-Should it be usable multiple times?
-What is it's range? (e.g. Itself, allied creatures, creatures in a specific location, etc...)
-What will the buff be? (Stats (+X | +X), Buff (Immortal), something completely different?)

anything
blarg: