*Author

Active members:
Murs(1) thearchduke(1)

Murs

Gravity pull vs cards such as dimension shield/sun dial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=678.msg6501#msg6501
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

Now dimension shield causes creatures to "Miss" thus doing no damage. YET when the AI casts gravity pull on a creature I own, they still read a miss due to the shield but my creature will still take the damage and die.

I 95% sure this also happens with sundial. (Will need to double check it) The creatures do not attack, yet the creature with grav pull on it will still take the damage from them.

VERY frustrating.

The way I see it this should not happen. If the creatures are unable to attack due to sundial, or miss due to dimension shield. Then how can my creature still take damage from gravity pull.

*EDIT*

Just confirmed this also happens with Bone wall. The creatures attacks get blocked and bone wall looses a charge for each creature, yet my creature with gravity pull will still take damage and die

thearchduke

Gravity pull vs cards such as dimension shield/sun dial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=678.msg6502#msg6502
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

Now dimension shield causes creatures to "Miss" thus doing no damage. YET when the AI casts gravity pull on a creature I own, they still read a miss due to the shield but my creature will still take the damage and die.

I 95% sure this also happens with sundial. (Will need to double check it) The creatures do not attack, yet the creature with grav pull on it will still take the damage from them.

VERY frustrating.

The way I see it this should not happen. If the creatures are unable to attack due to sundial, or miss due to dimension shield. Then how can my creature still take damage from gravity pull.
I am relatively certain this effect does NOT occur with sundial.  Whereas the dimensional shield causes creatures to miss, sundial stops the attack phase altogether.  Presumably, the gravity pull on a creature occurs in front of the dimensional shield, and in essence turns your creature into a shield itself (this is how armagio works).  The game then prioritizes this new, creature shield to take damage first, and only after the creature's HP is used up do attackers begin to hit the shield.

This can be beneficial in certain circumstances.  I'm thinking specifically of bone shields: you can gravity pull your creature and keep your bone shield from getting used up and then refill it with more kills on the following turn.  I don't actually actively use this technique myself, but the AI has done it to me on a number of occasions and ended up shooting itself in the foot.

The sundial, however, stops the entire attack phase from occurring.  So your gravity pulled creature will not get hit during the existence of the sundial, but it will begin to take damage on the following turn.

anything
blarg: