*Author

Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg409180#msg409180
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 06:38:28 pm »
    I'll probably make the topic sometime tomorrow.
    We still need the topic, yes? 5 hours left, I'll make sure to get it up if DD doesn't.

Nope, not anymore apparently:

Since there's no more Vault Organizer, I think it should be Strategist instead? Though it doesn't matter much because anyone can post the changes. [/li][/list]
    Fixed ty.  The vault tool will handle deck submissions, salvaging, discarding, converting, and penalties.  Teams are free to create threads for discussion purposes but such threads will not be required as they have been in previous Wars.
    We just have to make sure that what we are doing in the vault is exactly what we are doing everywhere else, I put both the decks into the Deck Compliance tool.

(Also, to make it easier for Bloom and BatCountry)
    For BatCountry
    Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
    Deck import code : [Select]
    5f0 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5oc 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5og 5ol 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 7mv 7mv 7mv 8po

For Bloom
    5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5of 5of 5of 5of 5og 5ol 7mu 7mu 7mu 8po

Might wanna play around with it in AI3 or Bronze League just to get the feel of them.

@BatCountry
    UTAlan just talked to me on chat, markilleruk apparently has sent you 3 PMs - if they haven't gone through or something then thats an issue, but he should be coming through with Online times too (in a few hours hopefully) so that we can get this thing going faster, since we only have 2 days for matchups.

From markilleruk:

On weekdays I'm around 1700-2400 EST(GMT-5).
    I'm fully flexible on weekends but I prefer between 1200-2400 EST(GMT-5).

Good luck!

Offline pervepic

• Reputation Power: 9
    • pervepic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
    • New to Elements
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg409290#msg409290
    « Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 10:20:52 pm »
    Bloom and Bat, when will you play? It would be nice to spectate and root for somebody  ;)
    The Owls are not what they seem.

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 54
    • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
    • Ungrounded
    • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg409696#msg409696
    « Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »
    Robotocracy or whoever entered the R1 decks in Deck Compliance:

There were a couple problems with the tab.  No penalties will be given, but things will flow smoother in the future if we can get the data in the correct format.  First off the "Input Deck Code ===>" line looked like this:

"
    5f0 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5oc 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5og 5ol 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 7mv 7mv 7mv 8po

"   
    All the spacing and the quotes are unnecessary.  Just post directly what you copy out of the game's Import/Export box.

Secondly, the "Deck Building Tool? (Y/N)" should be N if you're posting your deck code up top.  It should only be Y if you don't paste any deck code up top, and instead you build the deck from scratch using the Deck Building Tool.  If you use the Tool the deck code will appear in row 16 instead.

Thanks and good luck!

Offline Bloom

• Reputation Power: 5
    • Bloom is a Spark waiting for a buff.
    • Elements is like life, endless possibilities.
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg409904#msg409904
    « Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 10:29:09 pm »
    GMT 4 to 8 tonight is why I got from this.

:light I'm vacant tomorrow, except around GMT 4 to GMT 8.
    Please leave a possible time for you here, so that I can arrange my sleeping time. :D

:air Tomorrow is going to be pretty tough for me. I'd say today would be best.

:light I'm okay now. Lets finish this before sleepiness strikes again. :D
    Too sleepy to stay up. Please write your vacant times here so I can read it around 7 hours later (or GMT 1). Thanks!

:air Sorry about that. I fell asleep. GMT 4 to 8 sounds good.
    “You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Offline pervepic

• New to Elements
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg410081#msg410081
    « Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 03:03:59 am »
    Grats Bat! Now we have a new deck with the Dim Shields and Quints!

@ Bloom: I don't really get it, you both happen to be in chat now...

Offline Bloom

Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg410362#msg410362
    « Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 03:54:26 pm »
    Just beat light-sefi 3-1. He used a crusader/vampire stiletto deck.
    “You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
    • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg410364#msg410364
    « Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 04:03:37 pm »
    Just beat light-sefi 3-1. He used a crusader/vampire stiletto deck.
    Congratulations!  2-0 Team Air!

Offline Bloom

Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg410401#msg410401
    « Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 05:29:58 pm »
    let's get ready for round 2!!! :D

Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg410460#msg410460
    « Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 07:29:46 pm »
    That's awesome guys, good work! 2 - 0: We should officially be winning, having more cards than everyone else! Score!

Before we start moving onto Round 2 though, we should probably claim our spoils of War:

6 cards from each of these:
    55s 55s 55s 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61r 61r 61r 61r 61r 61r 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 63a 63a 63a 63a 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pl

5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5ld 5ld 5ll 5ll 5ll 5ll 5ll 5ll 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5up 5up 5v2 5v2 5v2 7tb 7tb 7tb 8pt
    I'm looking, at 6 Dim Shields or 6 PUs can be taken easily from the first deck, and we can add them to our few quints to duo (leaning towards the Dim Shields, since TU/Quint doesn't actually work, unless we want to throw them with 6 dragons)

In the light deck we probably want to grab the steals, we saw just how useful PC was. Cloaks we can throw into darkness decks if we know what the opponent will be playing, although we might just convert them into pendulums later.

And... 2 - 0!   :)

Offline TuckingFypo

• TuckingFypo hides under a Cloak.
    • 'umop apisdn si agessaw siyt
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg410481#msg410481
    « Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 08:10:02 pm »
    I feel iffy on the Dim Shields, since most teams should be using PC against us.  Then again I don't see how we could use PU's either.  PU + Wyrms?  I don't think the attack bonus stacks beyond the first Dive though.

I'm all for the Steals, indifferent on the Cloaks.  I doubt we'll need it, how about Vamp Dagger for the last card?

Also, congrats to BatCountry and Bloom!  Team Earth is behind by 3 cards; gogogoo!

Offline pervepic

• New to Elements
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg410506#msg410506
    « Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »
    Grats to winners once again  :)

I would also take Dims Shield from the first deck because they work very well with Quints. Although it might be that deck would come out a bit later when some teams will be short of permanent control anyway. From the second deck 2 Steals, 3 Daggers and 1 Cloak. Just because Cloaks themselves are relatively weak cards, weaker than Daggers, and I think that we don't have so much to hide too (unlike  :aether who could hide their Dim Shield with them, for example). And the second reason is that we can just fly Daggers if needed, even if our second Flying Weapon deck loses, we can save some Flying Weapons from there. And the third reason is that there is really much Poison around and any healing deck would be nice to have. We don't have FFQ deck too this time.

And if anyone has time, no matter if stategist or anyone else, he could make a thread like "Opponent's decks" or something, where to put decks that opponents have (winning decks) and secondly to mention decks from which they can salvage and save cards (their losing decks). And then it would be good to update it as soon as possible and when a new deckbuilding round starts. Those decks can be put to Google Docs too, but I'm not so sure that it would be better. Maybe late if I have time I'll start with that myself if nobody else can't do that.

Offline BC

• BC hides under a Cloak.
    • have an escape plan
    Re: Round 1 - Main Topic https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32230.msg411083#msg411083
    « Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »
    Thanks for the congrats, but you should really be congratulating the deckbuilders/testers :)

I do have some feedback about that deck though:
    Quanta flow is great, in all 5 games I never felt like I was hungry for quanta, although 3 :fire deflags were bit annoying at times. Deck was simply great when I got all I needed. Didn't feel like there was a chance I could have lost 3rd and 4th games even if he didn't have a bad draw. mark did make a mistake but wouldn't have mattered since I had another deflag in hand ofc.  8)
    I lost the 1st and 2nd games mostly due to the fact that I did not have enough damage. Both games all I had for damage were bunch of dragonflies and 1 phoenix that I drew late. I'm not sure if this was because I was unlucky or because that's a common occurrence for that deck. Maybe something to look into if we want to use that deck again in the future. (last game I opened with 3 air pends and 3 dragonflies, but that's another story :)))

anything
    blarg: DrunkDestroyer