*Author

Scaredgirl

TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111247#msg111247
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:17:21 pm »
TRIALS
   Challenge a Master, Become a Master

What is a Master?
Each of the 12 Elements has a Master, which is a forum title. Master is usually a decorated and respected veteran player who knows a lot about Elements and is skillful in PvP. Masters participate in big forum events like War, and defend their title against challengers during Trials. Staff page (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?action=staff) has all the current Masters listed.

Element1st Term2nd Term3rd Term4th TermCurrent Term
:aether AETHERicybrakericybraker-HigurashiHigurashi
:air AIRunit748596acelink - unit748596-QuantumTDrunkDestroyer
:darkness DARKNESSBloodshadowMiniwallyKael HateTheOnlyRealBeefTheOnlyRealBeef
:death DEATHcoinichMrBlondeMrBlondeMrBlondeMrBlonde
:earth EARTHTerrokingTerrokingTerrokingKakerlakekirchj33
:entropy ENTROPYJmizzle7ZeruZeruZeruMatrimKK
:fire FIREKamietsuAntagonkevkev60614Napalm GrenadeNapalm Grenade
:gravity GRAVITYYoyobro - JumbalumbaJumbalumbaGirlsgenerationGirlsgenerationnilsieboy
:life LIFEOhmegaGl1tchKillsdazombiesWizelsnarfwillng3
:light LIGHTxdudexdudexdudeRyan666majofa
:time TIMEPuppychowXinefXinefSpikeSpiegel10 men
:water WATEREssenceEssenceEssenceRavingRabbidtikotribe

What are Trials?
Every 2-3 months we will hold Trials, during which 48 community members compete of a chance to challenge one of the 12 Masters. Trials have 4 parts. First three parts are for collecting points. One challenger from each element with the most points, gets to fight for the title against the current Master. How many points you gathered during parts 1-3, determines how many upgraded cards you can use in the epic Final Battle, where the winner gets the title of Master.

Requirements for joining the Trials?
Not everyone can join the Trials. There are some minimum requirements to ensure that the person is serious about becoming a Master.
  • 20,000+ score in Elements
  • 200+ forums posts
  • Joined the forums no less than 3 months ago (at the time of signing up)
Spamming the forums to get those 200 posts is not allowed, and you have to provide a screen shot of your score if asked.

One last thing. Some people might think they are not "worthy" of becoming a Master so they skip this event. Please don't do that. This is all just for fun, and shouldn't be taken too seriously. If you think this kind of event would be fun, I order you to participate. Like I always say, if you manage to take a title from that Master, that alone proves you have earned it.

How do I join the Trials?
Go to Trials main page (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,184.0.html). Pick a Trial you want to join. There are 12 of them, and you can only join in one. Next go to "Sign Up Here" topic and post there. Please include your Elements score.

Only 4 challengers (+1 reserve) are accepted in each element!. If your favorite element is full, you can always pick another one.

PATH TO BECOMING A MASTER

Trials have 4 different phases. Phases 1-3 are for collecting points. Last phase is Final Battle between the current Master and the most promising challenger, and the points you collected determines how many upgraded cards you can use in the fight.

PHASE 1 - Proving Your Worthiness
This phase is different in each Trial. It usually has something to do with helping out the community, but it can also be something where you show your skills as an Elements player. It's divided into 3 parts, each scoring 3 points if you complete them.  Additionally the Trials Overseer will award 3 bonus points to the player from each element who has the best overall submissions.

Part 1
Completed3 points
Not completed0 points
Part 2
Completed3 points
Not completed0 points
Part 3
Completed3 points
Not completed0 points
Bonus Points
Awarded3 points
Not awarded0 points

PHASE 2 - Battles
Challengers
Challengers will fight each other in a mini-tournament with round-robin rules meaning each challenger fights every other challenger once. Battles are "best-of-five" with the winner gaining 1 point. At the end of the round points are calculated and standings are built.

1st6 points
2nd3 points
3rd1 point
4th0 points
Masters
Masters will fight each other in a mini-tournament that consists of series of "best-of-five" PvP matches. Starting opponents are determined randomly. Points are rewarded based on tournament standings.

1st12 points
2nd9 points
3rd6 points
4th - 6th3 points
7th - 9th1 point
10th - 12th0 point

PHASE 3 - Community Vote
The community votes on who they think would make the best Master. Each community member has one vote per element, and can vote for either one of the Challengers, or the current Master.

The number of points you score is based on the percentage of votes you get, rounded up. If there is a situation where rounding up would mean more than 10 points given, the player with the most votes gets the advantage (55%/45% -> 6 points and 4 points).

100% of votes10 points
90% of votes9 points
80% of votes8 points
70% of votes7 points
60% of votes6 points
50% of votes5 points
40% of votes4 points
30% of votes3 points
20% of votes2 points
10% of votes1 points
0% of votes0 points

* War Bonus *
Masters who were also Generals during previous War will receive extra points based on how successful they were. Challengers do not receive War bonus.

1st in War9 points
2nd in War6 points
3rd in War3 points
4th - 6th1 points
7th - 13th0 points

TOTAL SCORE
After phases 1-3 are over, we will count the total score.

Challengers
PHASE 1   /12
PHASE 2   /6
PHASE 3   /10

TOTAL SCORE   /28
Masters
PHASE 1   /12
PHASE 2   /12
PHASE 3   /10
War bonus
   /9
TOTAL SCORE   /43
One challenger from each element with the most points gets to fight for the title against the current Master.

PHASE 4 - Final Battle
The Final Battle is "best-of-nine" meaning that the player who gets 5 wins first, wins the battle. If a Master wins, he or she retains the title. If a challenger wins, he or she becomes the new Master.  Each Trials winner of the past, present, and future will also be given a forum award icon.

During Final Battle deckbuilding the maximum amount of upgraded cards is the number of points a player scored during phases 1-3.

If you want to see what previous Trials looked like, please visit Trial Archive (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,183.0.html).

Thank you for reading and post any questions on this topic.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111256#msg111256
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:26:03 pm »
hope the threads are up ssoon

Scaredgirl

Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111273#msg111273
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:28:52 pm »
hope the threads are up ssoon
Wish granted.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111277#msg111277
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:32:06 pm »
lol :D

$$$man

Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111309#msg111309
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:16:33 pm »
Hey SG if we think that we could possibly have a chance at actually becoming master but don't think we would be the best position for it can we participate Just for fun. :D

Scaredgirl

Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111312#msg111312
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »
Hey SG if we think that we could possibly have a chance at actually becoming master but don't think we would be the best position for it can we participate Just for fun. :D
If you are talking about a situation where a player just participates for fun without any desire to be a Master, then no. It would be pointless to fight epic final battles and then resign right after that.

$$$man

Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111355#msg111355
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 11:03:14 pm »
If you are talking about a situation where a player just participates for fun without any desire to be a Master, then no. It would be pointless to fight epic final battles and then resign right after that.
OK thanks i want to be master but know people who could do it much better :)

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111357#msg111357
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:05:04 pm »
If you beat them, then you've just proven that they could NOT do it any better.

$$$man

Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111367#msg111367
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:09 pm »
If you beat them, then you've just proven that they could NOT do it any better.
I know that but this is a CCG luck plays huge into this. I think that even if i may be a better deckbuilder with that element, they could probably help the community more. There are lots of people out there who even though i may be lucky enough to beat but they could do the job better. Just to name a couple Terro, Antagon, Zeru, You, I just may be able to win thanks to HUGE luck. But i probably would be worse for the community. Not baggin on myself or botchin the other masters up :) but i'm just not right for the job. And to top it all off.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111485#msg111485
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 04:03:28 am »
SG, I thought for the next trial each challenger must at least has a fully upgraded deck of his/her element?

I'm debating on whether I should join this or not. It's tempting to take back the title I lost two months ago, but I've got other things to worry about (applying for universities, etc)...
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111510#msg111510
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 04:38:51 am »
About the Master title... it is way more than a title you get on your forum profile for two months. You actually have to do stuff - the battles are only a tiny fraction of the Master experience. It is some serious responsibility that should not be taken casually, so if you are only looking for the title and bragging rights that you beat a good player, then this isn't for you.

$$$man

Re: TRIALS - Challenge a Master, Become a Master https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9414.msg111525#msg111525
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 05:19:09 am »
About the Master title... it is way more than a title you get on your forum profile for two months. You actually have to do stuff - the battles are only a tiny fraction of the Master experience. It is some serious responsibility that should not be taken casually, so if you are only looking for the title and bragging rights that you beat a good player, then this isn't for you.
\\Exactly why i'm not challenging although i might be able to win the title, i would not be as good for the community as others.

anything
blarg: