*Author

Offline BloodshadowTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77585#msg77585
« on: May 29, 2010, 09:15:33 pm »
As we all know, Zanz has implemented a yellow spell shard called Shard of Readiness, which had completely broken the creature-permanent-spell trinity and red-green-blue trinity that I had in mind when I made Shard of Vengeance (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5667.0.html). However, I have already thought of a solution for this:

There can be six shards, represented by the primary and secondary colors of light. There are two creature shards, two permanent shards, and two spell shards.

Creature: red, cyan
Permanent: green, magenta
Spell: blue, yellow

We already have the green, blue and yellow shards, and they follow the above pattern perfectly.

Also, I said that Shards have abilities that affect HP. However, SoR affects creatures. But the pattern can still be salvaged: The primary colored shards will affect HP, while the secondary colored shards will affect other cards. Since the yellow spell shard affects creatures, the cyan creature shard could affect permanents, and the magenta permanent shard could affect spells.

Thus, I present the cyan creature shard that affects permanents, Shard of Protection. The ability is suggested by Xinef.

NAME:
Shard
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
-
ABILITY:
It looks like a crystal shard.
It seems to be useless, but it might be upgradable.
NAME:
Shard of Protection
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0|6
ABILITY:
When one of your permanents is targeted, that targeting fails and Shard of Protection gains -0/-3.
ART:
Elements
IDEA:
Bloodshadow, inspired by Xinef
NOTES:
Yes, this triggers if you target your own permanents.
Flying Weapon does not trigger this effect; animating your weapon does not target, since you can animate Morning Star or an enchanted weapon.
This ability does NOT work when SoP is in any form of stasis. This is to prevent Basilisk Blood abuse.
This ability is active; it can be lobotomized.
SERIES:
Shards
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Wisemage

Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77658#msg77658
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:32:46 pm »
far far too weak imo.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77804#msg77804
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:28:20 am »
far far too weak imo.
I partially disagree with the statement - I kind of wish that this shard was 'immaterial', so that you'd basically get to protect 2 permanents per shard (and you can't fractal it either with it being immortal, so you can't protect all your permanents). Thisway, it's still useful, but you can abuse the shards in heavy mass - and likewise, the opponent can't just use gravity pull, a lightning bolt and then some, or other abilities to remove the shard's effect.

That said, this would be a VERY welcome card in my book - as much as I respect :earth for it's durability and ability to protect the player, it's frustrating that it's the ONLY element to have some form of permanent protection, and with this shard (which would be super rare), I'm sure anyone would love to have it in their deck to avoid someone from stealing/destroying the things they need most.

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77836#msg77836
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 02:11:03 am »
SoP is not immortal for a reason. I intend to have it destroyable via other methods, like Fire Bolt. It only makes sense.

Offline harakirinosaru

• Reputation Power: 4
  • harakirinosaru is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77870#msg77870
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 03:12:21 am »
SoP is not immortal for a reason. I intend to have it destroyable via other methods, like Fire Bolt. It only makes sense.
I...am of the opinion that it would be better immortal, because if you had a way to remove Basilisk Blood (like Epi), you basically have made all your permanents immortal.

finkel

Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77872#msg77872
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 03:19:10 am »
Yeah. This+basalisk blood+momentum+quintessence - oh wait, that's like, a LOT of cards just to protect your permanents O.o

Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77884#msg77884
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 03:41:38 am »
The ability is passive, is it definite that it would not activate if the Shard was in stasis? 

Even so, that means by turn 7 you would have the ability to protect 8 permanents, which is either more permanent control cards than any mono deck can carry or a hefty cost of 24 :entropy.  It makes the opponent choose between using their CC on this or something that can actually hurt them. 

Without Basilisk's Blood, Plate Armor might actually become relevant (generic rainbows only use  :earth for permanent protection, if they use  :earth at all), each one would allow you to protect  2 more permanents which is worth it for 1 :earth (can protect one permanent forever, or ALL permanents for 2 attacks). 

I like the idea quite a bit!

killfer8

Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77891#msg77891
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 03:52:00 am »
Yeah. This+basalisk blood+momentum+quintessence - oh wait, that's like, a LOT of cards just to protect your permanents O.o
You can't use skills while Basilisk B. is in Stasis on your monster

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77903#msg77903
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 04:20:16 am »
You can't use skills while Basilisk B. is in Stasis on your monster
Actually, passives are constantly on, stasis or not. If this ability is an active ability, then it could be  lobotomized, but I'm 99% sure that it would be passive, much like the new 'poisonous' passive ability. An Auburn Nymph or a couple of Basilisk's Bloods would ensure that your shard would protect everything on your side of the screen indefinitely.

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg77919#msg77919
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 04:51:37 am »
Should this be passive or active? If it's OP, then it can be active, but if it's not then it's passive.

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg79199#msg79199
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 01:17:04 am »
No more replies to this thread? Strange, I thought this Shard was much more interesting than my other one, Shard of Acumen.

finkel

Re: Shard | Shard of Protection https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7176.msg79481#msg79481
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 01:14:34 pm »
Love it. This+basalisk blood+quintessence=your perms are safe.

blarg: Xinef