*Author

Offline OdinVanguardTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1049845#msg1049845
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:27:55 pm »
NAME:
Bomb
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
0|1
TEXT:
Weapon: Deals 0 damage.
0 Light-The-Fuse: Detonate on a target in 2 turns for 18 damage, backfires if destroyed.
NAME:
Mega Bomb
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
0|3
TEXT:
0 Light-The-Fuse: Detonate on a target in 2 turns for 18 damage, backfires if destroyed.

ART:
OdinVanguard

Made using Bryce7 and Hexagon, by DaZ Studios
IDEA:
OdinVanguard
NOTES:
"Today will be surprisingly mundane."

"Thats right… Just an ordinary unexploded bomb… But watch out… Thats no ordinary unexploded bomb. LIGHT THE FUSE!"

Should be fairly straightforward.

Basically, you have to activate the ability and choose a target. Then, 2 rounds later, the bomb explodes dealing its damage to that target (the bomb is removed from play of course).

In the event that the opponent destroys the bomb (or kills it if has been flown), then the damage is dealt to the bomb's owner instead of a chosen target.

The backfire will occur upon destruction even if the bomb's fuse is not yet lit…
Thats what you get for using explosives. Silly elemental.

…Yes, this does give CC capabilities to all elements… No I'm not worried about balance issues because
1) It takes a grand total of 3 turns to employ one
2) You have to give up your weapon slot to use it
3) The significant risk of self annihilation.

Oh yeah, if you give it to a crusader… well, thats just sick and wrong, but you can do it...
SERIES:

Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline BaconCobra

• Reputation Power: 1
  • BaconCobra is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1049906#msg1049906
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:54:25 am »
Might be pretty powerful in combination with cloak or enchant artifact.

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1049908#msg1049908
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:11 am »
Cloak would be pretty nasty. EA would require you to use a seperate EA for each one you play...
The upgraded may be worth it since it would only take 4 to kill the opponent. The unupgraded would require a total of 6
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

Offline Hazardus10

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Hazardus10 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Let the Games begin!
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1049912#msg1049912
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:08:15 am »
Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Bomb
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
0|1
TEXT:
NAME:
Mega Bomb
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
0|3
TEXT:

ART:
OdinVanguard

IDEA:
OdinVanguard
NOTES:

"Thats right… Just an ordinary unexploded bomb… But watch out… Thats no ordinary unexploded bomb. LIGHT THE FUSE!"

Basically, you have to activate the ability and choose a target. Then, 2 rounds later, the bomb explodes dealing its damage to that target (the bomb is removed from play of course).

In the event that the opponent destroys the bomb (or kills it if has been flown), then the damage is dealt to the bomb's owner instead of a chosen target.

The backfire will occur upon destruction even if the bomb's fuse is not yet lit…

…Yes, this does give CC capabilities to all elements… No I'm not worried about balance issues because

Oh yeah, if you give it to a crusader… well, thats just sick and wrong, but you can do it...
SERIES:

Hmm maybe a little to easy to get out. Using nova and this would make a nasty combo.  Maybe specify an element for this weapon?  :fire ? Mega bomb + animate weapon, possible OTKs.
Rule #1: Don't worry about the little things.
Rule #2: All things are little.
Founding Father of the  :darkness Guild
Proud Member of :light Brawl Team

Offline Zaealix

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Zaealix is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Former Gravity apprentice-currently Water aligned.
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1050103#msg1050103
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 10:27:45 pm »
Sick and Wrong? My friend, this is the start of a  :death :light synergy! Kill your creatures for profit!
But yea, I see what you mean by that.
*Water Guild*

• Legendary Member
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1050141#msg1050141
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 02:26:16 am »
Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Bomb
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
0|1
TEXT:
NAME:
Mega Bomb
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
0|3
TEXT:

ART:
OdinVanguard

IDEA:
OdinVanguard
NOTES:

SERIES:

Hmm maybe a little to easy to get out. Using nova and this would make a nasty combo.  Maybe specify an element for this weapon?  :fire ? Mega bomb + animate weapon, possible OTKs.
Hmmm... it would definitely be a risky OTK... and it would stretch the definition a bit. Technically, it would take 3 turns from when you first play one until you get to see it detonate. That would give the opponent 3 turns to figure out a way to stop it.

...I realize that I didn't specify, but I'm debating on whether this should be spell-damage, or physical-damage. Physical certainly would be more counterable, particularly if flown versions would be redirected by GP.

Any one have any thoughts on that?

Sick and Wrong? My friend, this is the start of a  :death :light synergy! Kill your creatures for profit!
But yea, I see what you mean by that.
Exactly... Sick. And, Wrong... Effective, but just wrong. (Then again... so is immolate if you think about it... lol)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:28:21 am by OdinVanguard »
If your zombie plan is

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1050144#msg1050144
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 02:46:23 am »
I like it. Never seen an idea like this. Someone prove me wrong, I'm not up to date on CI&A threads...
Using them one-by-one would take forever, and be susceptible to PC.
Using them in a flying/animated weapon rush would be unreliable and leave them open to CC.
Plus the backfire issue. I think you created more weaknesses than benefits...
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1050184#msg1050184
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 09:15:31 am »
I like it. Never seen an idea like this. Someone prove me wrong, I'm not up to date on CI&A threads...
I do not remember a weapon variant nor one with a interruption clause.

@Odin
Some suggestions impress me with the reason I infer. Some do not. I cannot infer in this case. So:
Why are you suggesting this card be added to EtG?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
Re: Bomb | Mega Bomb https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47610.msg1050632#msg1050632
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 03:52:00 am »
Several reasons.

-There are currently no weapons in the game that promote having multiple copies (without inclusion of flying weapon).
--I want to encourage more use of weapons as viable primary damage sources
--I wanted to have a weapon that players could add multiple copies of to a deck without needing a secondary card as backup.

-I wanted to give broader CC acces, but with the caveat that their will be great risk involved.
--It combines several very fun mechanic concepts in a unique way and adds a few new ones to boot: unstable gas, warden, Owl's Eye
---It forces a choice between damaging the opponent or CC (like warden)
---It provides direct damage weapon based CC (Owl's Eye)
---It gives heavy burst damage at the cost of sacrifice (unstable gas)
---It employs a backfire mechanic (completely new)

-It provides a fun and unique double edge sword mechanic (few cards incur such significant risk to the owner)
--Nothing gets a player's adrenaline going quite as much as the prospective for either utterly crushing the opponent or instant self-annihilation

-It makes a nice compliment to the unstable gas card, which seems to see relatively little use lately (as far as I can tell at least).
--It provides either a means to apply a strong single target CC compliment or heavy strike to the opponent
--It allows the player to use the "explosive" route against players hardened by stone skin or SoDiv
--It allows the player to use "explosives" as a (slightly more) consistent win condition without needing a nymph

-It gives a twist to cards like "Meteor" (I think that was the name at least) that attempt to provide a heavy burst damage.
--Doing so with creatures attack and delay is tricky due to Chimera, this card's mechanic will not suffer that issue since it does not rely on an "attack" (at least not in the traditional sense).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:56:59 am by OdinVanguard »
If your zombie plan is

anything
blarg: