*Author

Offline Drake_XIVTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018274#msg1018274
« on: November 28, 2012, 07:38:32 am »
NAME:
Executioner
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
6 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 3
TEXT:
:death :death : Guillotine
Kill a creature with more attack and gain +1 | 0.
NAME:
Executioner
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
4 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 3
TEXT:
:death :death : Guillotine
Kill a creature with more attack and gain +1 | 0.

ART:
Shrink
IDEA:
Drake_XIV
NOTES:
A reverse Otyugh, if you will.

See: Antimatter
See: Buffing as Control
SERIES:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:39:41 am by Drake_XIV »

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018276#msg1018276
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:43:15 am »
Thematic justification?

Also, I like it, seems balanced to me in comparison to Oty
Your favorite Hotyugh

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018278#msg1018278
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:51:53 am »
Thematic justification?

Also, I like it, seems balanced to me in comparison to Oty

Well, executing doesn't seem to me to fit anywhere else other than :death and what other means, besides the gallow's pole, screams execution besides the guillotine?  It worked out nicely with the /original/ art, which is what I just tried basing the card around.

Offline AvusXIV

• Reputation Power: 2
  • AvusXIV is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018283#msg1018283
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:09:52 am »
I love this card. That's something I consider as new and fresh. Antimatter this guy and he'll do a massacre :)

The art fits and looks good!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:17:46 am by AvusXIV »
Dayovernight: Trolled someone with a bone shield
Dayovernight: I had 1 hit left and then I replaced my weak shield with the bone shield I was holding forever
AlexLoc: that's so troll oh my god

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018290#msg1018290
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:28:12 am »
I love this card. That's something I consider as new and fresh. Antimatter this guy and he'll do a massacre :)

Antimatter, eh?  But you'll be so far from winning, considering how much you'd heal your opponent...

Offline AvusXIV

Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018294#msg1018294
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:36:29 am »

Antimatter, eh?  But you'll be so far from winning, considering how much you'd heal your opponent...

You would heal your opponent for 6 hp when unupped, 3 when upped. At most. Well, of course for the use I had in mind...

AM, then Guillotine (+1 att = -3|3), (+1 att = -2|3), (+1 att = -1|3). Unupped.
AM, then Guillotine (+1 att = -2|3), (+1 att = -1|3). Upped.
Dayovernight: I had 1 hit left and then I replaced my weak shield with the bone shield I was holding forever

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018297#msg1018297
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:47:49 am »
Assuming they'd play stuff within range while Executioner is on the field.

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018298#msg1018298
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 09:01:19 am »
I really like it. Reminds me of Maxwell. Seems balanced to me: high cost for good effect.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline AvusXIV

Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018299#msg1018299
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:44 am »
Assuming they'd play stuff within range while Executioner is on the field.

It's difficult to play a creature that's atk is below 0. With the AMed unupped version you can kill even four 0|X creatures, with the upped one three. So if the opponent wants to play any creature, it's automatically one that can be killed by the Executioner in my example.

Additionally it's very unlikely that there aren't already some creatures on the field when you place your AMed Executioner...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:26:19 am by AvusXIV »

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018300#msg1018300
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:31:07 am »
I think you mean it is uncommon, but that's still false to an extent.  All the while, your scenario still costs 6|4 :death + 8|6 :entropy, so as strong as it may be, for that quanta, it should be worth it.  So let's leave that there.

Offline AvusXIV

Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018303#msg1018303
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 09:45:10 am »
I think you mean it is uncommon, but that's still false to an extent.

No, unlikely. Not very probable.

All the while, your scenario still costs 6|4 :death + 8|6 :entropy, so as strong as it may be, for that quanta, it should be worth it.  So let's leave that there.

Yeah, so? I never said anything against it but

Antimatter this guy and he'll do a massacre :)

I don't know what's your problem...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:51:20 am by AvusXIV »

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Executioner | Executioner https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44877.msg1018304#msg1018304
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:15 am »
I apologize if anything came off as rude, as it seems I am due for some rest amidst all of this...

It's not necessarily a problem, it's just that it seems we've digressed to simply discussing a single combination of this card even after we've elaborated the points.  It seems futile to carry it out further.  I did not mean to come off as argumentative, just trying to clear it up with finality.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:56:56 am by Drake_XIV »

blarg: