*Author

Offline blarpTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Blarp, Bane of Championship League [Upped/Unupped] (Favorite PvP Deck of 2012) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg526161#msg526161
« on: July 27, 2012, 06:45:53 am »
Version 1.32:
Here it is. The deck that got reflective shields banned and purify a must-have. Those in Championship League have deemed it, Blarp.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 7dm 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 8pq

Unupped (pillars may vary):
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 53e 53e 53e 53e 53e 53e 5fu 5fu 5fu 5fu 5fu 5fu 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5m6 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 8pq

This is the original deck posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result is no longer up to date.  Use as reference only.

Spoiler for Hidden:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 5lg 5lg 5lg 5lg 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 8pq

Note: Currently, a reflect shield reflects purify for the side with the reflect shield, but it doesn't do it for the side with the purify. This leads to desyncs. Against an ai, or any non-organized event, however; will leave both you and your opponent happy with a victory screen.

Helpful tips: DON'T use the SoBe when your opponent has -2 cards in hand. this skips his drawphase the next turn and most of the time is simply bad play. This can also cause you to lose the card advantage in games where your opponent has a similar card count. SoBe is most effective when used at -3 or below cards for your opponent.

In the case that your opponent has 1-4 more cards than you and isn't a great player, use the SoBe as you normally would, but FILL UP YOUR HAND first. Your opponent will draw 2 and you'll only draw 1. This can certainly make the difference...

Also as hard as it is not to just tally up those SoSacs, spacing them out is generally better...

If your opponent has SoFo out, try holding out with your sundials until you can play 2 or more at the same time. No longer an issue.

No need to rush playing the mirror shield most of the time. A lot of players will not play very many creatures when faced against an early one of these with aether quanta.

Don't insta play your novas, because you never know...

If you have all the necessary shards, have fun trolling!

Edit* You can use upped mirror shields, but most of the time I find the unupped ones preferable. Better with SoSac and sometimes you don't have the 2 light quanta to spare. Irrelevant

Edit** You can throw in an explosion to help deal with those pesky eternities or an annoying enemy sundial.

Edit*** Winner of the 2/2012 Championship League

Edit**** Voted Favorite PvP Deck of the 2012!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:59:16 pm by blarp »
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg526162#msg526162
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 06:46:57 am »
It's evil. I can speak from experience :P

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg526270#msg526270
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:38:01 pm »
Aren't that precogs useless?
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg526271#msg526271
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »
Aren't that precogs useless?
Not really.
If you need defense, use it. otherwise, don't to deck your opponent out.

Funny thing is, i can make just this deck. Interesting.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg526282#msg526282
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 04:42:28 pm »
I've used this deck a few times.  I haven't lost with it yet in CL, though I used it with -4 shield -1 tower, since shields got banned, (I think I'm either 2-0 or 3-0 with it) but I had a pretty close call against Poison Dial.  It actually sucks in pvp2, though, because a lot of newbies have large and bad decks, and you'll lose to those because you'll either run out of stalling power or get an autoloss if their deck is bigger than yours.  I'd suggested in chat that it get a name that somehow reflected the fact that it beats many strong league decks but loses to newbie starter decks :p

I only faced this deck once against blarp so far.  I had a speedbow, and I almost beat him after he played SoSa.  I spammed three supernovas to get singularities and killed/burrowed as much of my other stuff as I could.  Of course, the singularities didn't grow or multiply until the turn after shard of sacrifice ran out, after which they immediately cloned and adrenalined themselves, but if they had, I'd have beat it.  I'd also have won had I drawn purify early, but I got killed by vampiric singularities before I drew it; it was somewhere in the last few cards.

This and poison dials are why I always like using purify whenever the quanta base allows.  Stupid shard of sacrifice...

Offline blarpTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg526415#msg526415
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 08:49:32 pm »
I've used this deck a few times.  I haven't lost with it yet in CL, though I used it with -4 shield -1 tower, since shields got banned, (I think I'm either 2-0 or 3-0 with it) but I had a pretty close call against Poison Dial.  It actually sucks in pvp2, though, because a lot of newbies have large and bad decks, and you'll lose to those because you'll either run out of stalling power or get an autoloss if their deck is bigger than yours.  I'd suggested in chat that it get a name that somehow reflected the fact that it beats many strong league decks but loses to newbie starter decks :p

I only faced this deck once against blarp so far.  I had a speedbow, and I almost beat him after he played SoSa.  I spammed three supernovas to get singularities and killed/burrowed as much of my other stuff as I could.  Of course, the singularities didn't grow or multiply until the turn after shard of sacrifice ran out, after which they immediately cloned and adrenalined themselves, but if they had, I'd have beat it.  I'd also have won had I drawn purify early, but I got killed by vampiric singularities before I drew it; it was somewhere in the last few cards.

This and poison dials are why I always like using purify whenever the quanta base allows.  Stupid shard of sacrifice...

This deck basically forces you to use a quanta base that allows purify. It's not about whether to bring it, it's about how to include the water quanta. :P

I've only lost with this deck (other than by noob high card count decks) (assuming reflect shield works) once.

If you've never seen this deck before, and it's very new, you really can't do anything about it.

Your supernova play was very good though :)
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg528840#msg528840
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »
Probably the most sexy way to beat this deck:

6rq 6rq 6rq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 75c 7ap 7dm 7k6 7k6 7n9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pj

No purify, no deckout, at least 80% winrate.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg528852#msg528852
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »

Spoiler for Hidden:
6rq 6rq 6rq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 75c 7ap 7dm 7k6 7k6 7n9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pj

No deckout? SoSa in the last turn and you're screwed.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg528855#msg528855
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 02:58:54 pm »

Spoiler for Hidden:

Antimera combo is here to prevent this. :v
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • The weird Voodoo guy
Re: Blarp https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg528860#msg528860
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 03:11:28 pm »

Spoiler for Hidden:

Antimera combo is here to prevent this. :v
Oops missed that. Yeah, an elegant SoSa counter.

Offline coldfire1627

• Reputation Power: 1
  • coldfire1627 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hero of Time
Re: Blarp, Bane of Championship League https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg535907#msg535907
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 01:29:00 pm »
I fail to see why purify is a problem here...
Otherwise - evil. :)
:time Hero of Time :time

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Blarp, Bane of Championship League https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42284.msg535909#msg535909
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 01:45:26 pm »
I fail to see why purify is a problem here...
Otherwise - evil. :)
Purify negates Shard of Sacrifice which is kind of needed for the deck to survive.  Since Reflective Shields were banned in leagues due to them causing desyncs, there was no way for the deck to counter Purify.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

anything
blarg: