*Author

Offline furballdnTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg522848#msg522848
« on: July 17, 2012, 07:34:54 pm »
NAME:
Guardian
ELEMENT:
Earth
COST:
4 :earth
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2|10
TEXT:
Protect:
Guardian protects the creatures around it.
NAME:
Protector
ELEMENT:
Earth
COST:
4 :earth
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3|15
TEXT:
Protect:
Protector protects the creatures around it.

ART:
Zblader
IDEA:
furballdn
NOTES:
Takes the effect (damage, targeting) of anything that happens to creatures adjacent to it. If there are two Guardians who are adjacent to the target, the one played first takes the damage.

Thanks again to Zblader for the art and OldTrees for balancing.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:22:04 am by furballdn »

Offline Dopha

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dopha is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • My english is bad.
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg522865#msg522865
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »
i think the upped version should have more hp  ::)

Offline Joseph7

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Joseph7 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg522880#msg522880
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:05:08 pm »
I like this idea. Because of the fact that you cannot choose which spaces your creatures go in on the board, this card is not too powerful, and requires thought and strategy in when to play it. I agree that the hp of the upped one should be slightly higher, perhaps 12 or 15.

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg523221#msg523221
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 04:22:17 am »
Upped stats went from 4|10 to 3|15.

Offline odideph

• Reputation Power: 3
  • odideph is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Personal Text This Is
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg523318#msg523318
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 04:28:56 pm »
The idea is nice, but why base it on that whole "surrounding creatures" thing that seems so popular in here?
I mean there is no good way to control that, you might aswell just say "protects a random amounts of your creatures"...
If it was "all your other creatures" i'd like it.

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg523332#msg523332
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »
Surrounding creatures brings a more strategic level into it, making you think about how and when to play your creatures.

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg525626#msg525626
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 03:52:28 am »
so it's like a gravity pull for creature damage? under what circumstances are you using it? monoearth has high enough hp and it's always unfair in my opinion to take advantage of an element to make other decks better :P stupid mindgate... aether could have had another card! it seems like this is more of a bonus to a vanilla creature. maybe if this was a permanent rather than a creature and targeted 3?? monsters for X?? damage?
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg525638#msg525638
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 04:02:26 am »
4 :earth is not that large of an investment for any deck using earth as a duo or trio. This makes earth/water, earth/darkness, earth/life and earth/fire duos more viable with a guardian to protect your fragile toadfish, vampire, frog, and lava golem. Especially in immorushes, you often see a :earth mark, allowing this to be played to protect first turn golems as well as fragile shriekers. Aether would not need this card since most of aether's creatures are relatively sturdy and center around protection. Making it a creature also adds a strategic vantage to it.

Offline blarp

• Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg525645#msg525645
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 04:13:49 am »
yeah but it just doesn't protect enough..... i mean this thing doesn't hurt just appearing on your side of the field, but for immorushes it's going to be a nasty deadcard a lot of the time. you don't really have enough earth quanta to summon it, especially if you're feeding your golems and you won't get it early than that except on a bad draw. Come to think of it, this works well with nymphs and fallen druids, but think about cloak. idk, it also isn't great for late draws because it might be missing the key creature. maybe if you could select where you could summon it but you can't atm.
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg525738#msg525738
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 07:31:45 am »
yeah but it just doesn't protect enough..... i mean this thing doesn't hurt just appearing on your side of the field, but for immorushes it's going to be a nasty deadcard a lot of the time. you don't really have enough earth quanta to summon it, especially if you're feeding your golems and you won't get it early than that except on a bad draw. Come to think of it, this works well with nymphs and fallen druids, but think about cloak. idk, it also isn't great for late draws because it might be missing the key creature. maybe if you could select where you could summon it but you can't atm.
This doesn't protect more than a few creatures or your permanents, correct, but it also has benefits over cloak. A single cloak is destroyed with any AoE(ranges from 1-7), or PC (3-4 quanta). To remove a guardian without RT, one would have to spend 3-4 (even more upped) cards in CC (3-4 card cost along with 6-8 quanta). Guardian is also immune to PC, and deals 2|3 damage as well.

Offline blarp

Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg526129#msg526129
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:08 am »
well I guess this would be good for an overdrive deck because you wouldn't ever be able to target the other monsters? I think that's a much better effect btw. I'm thinking like you can't freeze the overdriven one of these guys no matter how many squids you have. this ability should be what passive active I guess (aka vulnerable to lobotomizer) or else the way multiple of these things interact would mess up the overdrives :P
hematite golem is pretty hard to kill anyway so there's that...

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Guardian | Protector https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42078.msg526153#msg526153
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 06:25:08 am »
well I guess this would be good for an overdrive deck because you wouldn't ever be able to target the other monsters? I think that's a much better effect btw. I'm thinking like you can't freeze the overdriven one of these guys no matter how many squids you have. this ability should be what passive active I guess (aka vulnerable to lobotomizer) or else the way multiple of these things interact would mess up the overdrives :P
hematite golem is pretty hard to kill anyway so there's that...
I'm sorry, what?

Good for overdrive? There's probably better candidates, but this works okay with overdrive.

Shielding from freeze? Yeah, one of the many applications of it.

Is the ability passive or active? Hm. I dunno. I'm leaning active, but now that you've brought up that point of being unlobotomizable and pairing with overdrive, I suppose passive protection is nice too.

blarg: