*Author

Offline AltissimusTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Altissimus is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Life after Instosis? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42056.msg522608#msg522608
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:12:40 pm »
So Instosis has done me proud...I have about 100 random upgraded cards now after farming FGs for a while.

I'm short of shards, so looking at farming Silver/Gold/Plat (Instosis actually does pretty well against Gold and very well against Silver).

However...

...Instosis has its weaknesses, and I also to be fair I'm pretty bored of it now.  Need something else, and something a bit more resilient to PC. 

I know there are some strong Rainbow Control builds out there, but what can take down plat?  What can reliably take down 90% of the FGs?

What's the top of the pile, no expense (shards/upped cards) spared?

Offline jawdirk

• Reputation Power: 7
  • jawdirk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Life after Instosis? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42056.msg522675#msg522675
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:32:51 am »
I experimented with a lot of shard grinding decks and I found that the best I could find were decks that had a high percentage to win against silver. You can find decks that win against gold and platinum, but getting the special spins is least frustrating when you have a 90%+ chance of winning.

Against silver, I had the most success with variations on speed bow. Needless to say, the meta game shifts around a little in bronze and silver so you might do really well one day with a deck, and then the next day it seems like you can't get any special spins with it. Sometimes I would drop down to bronze when my silver deck was having a rough day. By now I have sets of most of the shards, and I hit the point of diminishing returns. Here is the last deck I was using (It is 1.31, but I haven't tried it for a while):

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6s2 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 71b 71b 74f 74f 77g 77g 7ah 7dq 7gv 7ju 7n6 7q5 7t9 7t9 80b 8pj

Wrecking ball is also instructive. Speed bow with shard of serendipity is fun too once once you win six of them.

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Life after Instosis? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42056.msg522677#msg522677
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:47:46 am »
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6s2 6s2 710 710 71d 71d 71d 71d 71d 72i 72i 72i 7gq 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7tb 8pl

If you happen to have 6 SoR (You have some anyway for instosis), give it a try. It is an excellent gold league grinder and an OK plat grinder.
As for the SoFos, sub with explosion and fog if you don't have them.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline AltissimusTopic starter

• Altissimus is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Life after Instosis? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42056.msg522793#msg522793
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:27:41 pm »
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6s2 6s2 710 710 71d 71d 71d 71d 71d 72i 72i 72i 7gq 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7tb 8pl

If you happen to have 6 SoR (You have some anyway for instosis), give it a try. It is an excellent gold league grinder and an OK plat grinder.

This looks interesting but it also looks a bit slow.  I wonder if it would be improved by the addition of a Trebuchet?

With no shield and only a 6-point heal, I just feel you'd be extremely vulnerable to rushes until you get your 4-card combo off and start generating scarabs.  Wouldn't you lose every game against fire or life rushes?

Happy to be proved wrong :)

ETA - don't see the point of the Gravity mark.  Wouldn't an Entropy mark be better and upgrade the novas to supers?

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Life after Instosis? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42056.msg522807#msg522807
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:27:39 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:

This looks interesting but it also looks a bit slow.  I wonder if it would be improved by the addition of a Trebuchet?

With no shield and only a 6-point heal, I just feel you'd be extremely vulnerable to rushes until you get your 4-card combo off and start generating scarabs.  Wouldn't you lose every game against fire or life rushes?

Happy to be proved wrong :)

ETA - don't see the point of the Gravity mark.  Wouldn't an Entropy mark be better and upgrade the novas to supers?

Once you get scarabs rolling, rushes are doomed. As long as you can eat whatever they drop, you are good to go. Yes, it is vulnerable to rushes with bad draws. Life rushes are beatable as long as they don't heal too much, as this is somewhat a rush as well. Immolation rushes start with low hp too (sometimes Rewind helps) and the same thing can be done as long as they don't burst too much. In the latter case, SoFo can be a mean of heal regeneration with BHs.
I tried, trebuchets are "win more" cards that makes your match better only when you get rolling, at the point that extra assistance is not too necessary. Why would you need extra damage when you have 8 scarabs on the field anyways?

:gravity mark is for scarabs. With it, CC becomes as easy as cake. Also, the occasional SoFo BH drain might be helpful vs rainbows/immorushes.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline Thracken

• Thracken is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Life after Instosis? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42056.msg533208#msg533208
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 11:23:58 pm »
Mathematistic, I just want to thank you for sharing your deck! I've gotten pretty sick of Instosis / Poison Dials, and after making a minor tweak (another rewind subbed for the dagger), your deck is now my current FG/Gold farmer.

It's refreshing to have something new that works as well as this does. Quanta/speed seem fine, and as long as you can get scarabs out in the first couple turns, you'll do pretty well against just about anything.

I've actually beaten some of the harder false gods with this - Miracle, Dark Matter, and even Rainbow. I don't beat them every time, but it's nice to know that I have a fighting chance against even the tougher false gods.

My version of the deck:
Spoiler for Hidden:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6s2 6s2 710 710 71d 71d 71d 71d 71d 72i 72i 72i 7gq 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 8pl

Edit: Forgot to ask, does it have a name?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:27:50 pm by Thracken »

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Life after Instosis? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42056.msg533444#msg533444
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 06:16:53 pm »
Why is this in FG section? I doubt there's a deck that can reliably take down 90% of FGs. The best FG farmers right now are instosis and sosac dials.

anything
blarg: