*Author

Offline OdinVanguardTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg510322#msg510322
« on: June 12, 2012, 02:29:58 am »
NAME:
Harpoon
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
3|3 when flying
TEXT:
Weapon: Deals 3 damage.
2, Arm: Transfer to give target creature +2|+0 . Returns to hand if target leaves play.
NAME:
Puiji
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
5|3 when flying
TEXT:
Weapon: Deals 5 damage.
2, Arm: Transfer to give target creature +2|+0 . Returns to hand if target leaves play.

ART:
OdinVanguard
IDEA:
OdinVanguard
NOTES:
A non-rare weapon that also be used to arm creatures, increasing their attack damage.
A creature may only be armed with one harpoon at a time.
SERIES:
Martial Training Series
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:00:13 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517028#msg517028
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT

This card will not be permitted into the Crucible due to one or more of the following errors:

• Has not yet received feedback from the community.

Correct these errors as soon as possible and feel free to submit again when ready.

Thank you. ^_^
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline esran

• Reputation Power: 5
  • esran is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517078#msg517078
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 06:38:21 pm »
why are the ability names different?

Offline regen2k9

• Reputation Power: 11
  • regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • *dances*
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2012 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517193#msg517193
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 05:12:52 am »
The only thing that I worry about is that this card can be in play 6x without flying weapon, which renders FW near-useless in that case.  Nevertheless, I really like the card and welcome another other weapon =]

EDIT:  Wait...does it leave the weapon slot when it's "transferred" to target creature?  I'm a bit confused.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:16:29 am by regen2k9 »
Walk towards the :light...

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517196#msg517196
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 05:16:15 am »
They are not different names.  The numbers denote a :rainbow cost.  Speaking of which, capitalize Arm.

And it seems we're bringing Equip cards to EtG...

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517351#msg517351
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 03:44:38 pm »
They are not different names.  The numbers denote a :rainbow cost.  Speaking of which, capitalize Arm.

And it seems we're bringing Equip cards to EtG...

Fixed it. Thanks!

As for the MtG reference... ya I just noticed that a few days back. I actually haven't played MtG much recently so I thought I was being original here... Then I got schooled by someone using those kinds of cards in a game last week.

It still seems like a cool concept though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:57:07 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

• Legendary Member
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517352#msg517352
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »
The only thing that I worry about is that this card can be in play 6x without flying weapon, which renders FW near-useless in that case.  Nevertheless, I really like the card and welcome another other weapon =]

EDIT:  Wait...does it leave the weapon slot when it's "transferred" to target creature?  I'm a bit confused.

Yes, it leaves the weapon slot when armed... Also it deals less damage when armed, particularly the upped version. I think this should keep FW useful.
If your zombie plan is

Offline ~Zytoc~

• Reputation Power: 2
  • ~Zytoc~ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Give me a Grabow and I'll rush.
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517370#msg517370
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 04:58:16 pm »
Nice,I really like it. But just for balancing ------> Upped version deals 2 more damage and ability costs 1 less  :rainbow .With the same cost,anyway. I think you should add 1 more cost to upped one,or add 1 more cost to ability in the upped one. Or decreasing damage by 2. Correct me please,if I am wrong.

• Legendary Member
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517375#msg517375
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »
Nice,I really like it. But just for balancing ------> Upped version deals 2 more damage and ability costs 1 less  :rainbow .With the same cost,anyway. I think you should add 1 more cost to upped one,or add 1 more cost to ability in the upped one. Or decreasing damage by 2. Correct me please,if I am wrong.
That seems reasonable. I put the upped damage at 5 to keep in line with Gavel and Longbow (the two type "other" weapons currently available) both of them get doubled damage (3 unupped and 6 upped) when upgraded. So I figured I'd balance  this one by shifting a point away from doubled damage and put it into reducing ability cost.

Maybe a poll is in order.
If your zombie plan is

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517382#msg517382
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 05:37:30 pm »
That seems reasonable. I put the upped damage at 5 to keep in line with Gavel and Longbow (the two type "other" weapons currently available) both of them get doubled damage (3 unupped and 6 upped) when upgraded. So I figured I'd balance  this one by shifting a point away from doubled damage and put it into reducing ability cost.

Maybe a poll is in order.
Unupped Other weapons are not a good source for balance data. They appear to be UP.
That said, there is not much of a difference between an activation cost of  :rainbow and  :rainbow :rainbow.
Finally I suggest you keyword the last effect. Retrievable or something.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline regen2k9

• Reputation Power: 11
  • regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • *dances*
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2012 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517448#msg517448
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:40:01 pm »
Just a slightly nitpicky wording note:  I think it would be helpful to add a comma between the  :rainbow cost and the word "arm" because the way it is right now makes it seems like the abilities are called "1 arm" and "2 arm"
Walk towards the :light...

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Harpoon | Puiji https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41215.msg517505#msg517505
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 02:12:57 am »
Just a slightly nitpicky wording note:  I think it would be helpful to add a comma between the  :rainbow cost and the word "arm" because the way it is right now makes it seems like the abilities are called "1 arm" and "2 arm"
Correct: "1: Arm: "
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

blarg: