*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg485497#msg485497
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:03:32 pm »
Dear Friends,

Being a huge fan of Golems I messed around again a bit with SoI.

So besides the decks I already posted (self propagation will follow ;) ) here are some new ones you might be interested in:

Since the SoI provides a lot of variety regarding the Shard Golems ability, I decided to do a skeleton build so that each of you can look if there's something matching his taste.
And this is it:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 786 786 786 808 808 808 808 808 80d 80d 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pu

I'll come later on the part of how to fill the empty spaces.
First, the strategy:
It's basically a remake of the old Fractal + Steel Golem.
So you first fractal the Gemfinders to have a high excess of :earth. In this phase you collect the needed shards.
As soon as you got :earth, the shards and fractal, play SoI and Fractal the Golem. The awesome thing about this is, that the fractaled golem will have the same abilities.

My personal Shard Suggestions:

SoV:
With 3 SoV or more the Shard Golem gets the Vamp ability. Since you need time to build up your field the healing power will be a great back up to speed things up and take field advantage. With 1 SoI and 3 SoV the Golem has 11 Atk. Given you can play it at least 4 times if you fractal the same turn you will have more than 40 HP healing.

SoG:
Here the things get even better! With already 1 SoI and 2 SoG you have an 8 atk Golem with.... Adrenaline and Growth ability! But pay attention: With more than 1 SoI the ability changes to Stone Form. In emergencies SoG can still be used as heal source.

SoR:
Now this shard makes game interesting. Because starting with 2 SoR the golem gets the Scarab ability! And whats nice at scarab + SoR? Right, you don't need gravity to devour! So in mid game you can quickly produce scarabs to devour enemy creatures (or gemfinders to strengthen scarabs faster) and so highly reduce the damage dealt by your opponent. With shards moved to their respective element, devouring won't work anymore (though scarab does). But in my opinion, even cooler but not often doable is to have 3 SoR. Then this gives the Golem the deja vu skill! Now imagine to fractal it and playing a creature with 14 atk for 8 :earth quanta and double it for another four! Awesome!

SoFr
As suggested by Camoninja, Sofr also has some nice abilities. For instance there's the "queen" (needs two SoFr) providing you lots of Fireflies which with a SoFr in play can get a really nice Atk boost. Also the "Sniper" ability (3 SoFr) is  a good source of CC. So it's definitely worth trying :D

SoP
We already had the growth ability with SoG. Here things get better because with 2 or 3 SoP you can achieve the "steam" ability receiving so very fast very strong golems. Rarely but possible you can have the "freeze" ability with 4 or more SoP. Very cool, too! :D

So that was it. I might try a deck more focused on Scarab Golems, so who ever posts a deck in near future related to this idea, I know where you got the idea from *seriously staring at you*
Just joking ;)

Anyway, have fun with the decks! :D

Criticism and improvements are ALWAYS much appreciated. :)

Edit:
Forgot self-propagation: My Golem Decks

Edit 2:
SoR section: 3 SoR needed for deja Vu, not 4!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:56:47 pm by Gandora »
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg485525#msg485525
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:54:09 pm »
Looks fun Gandora :)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg485635#msg485635
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 11:02:10 pm »
Looks fun Gandora :)

Thanks! That's what they're made for :D

Offline Camoninja

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Camoninja is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg485661#msg485661
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:40:38 pm »
This was a lot of fun (in the trainer, shame on me!) with Shard of Freedom, once I understood how to play it.

Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg485973#msg485973
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »
This was a lot of fun (in the trainer, shame on me!) with Shard of Freedom, once I understood how to play it.

How did you play it? You can't afford the abilities since you don't produce :air quanta.
Unless you made the Golem and played SoFr to take advantage of the passive airborn ability which would give them a great attack boost.
I see... I'm gonna try this in trainer to see how strong they get!

Offline Camoninja

• failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg486088#msg486088
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:44:35 pm »
You forgot that Golems only use :earth to use their skills. Airborne sticks no matter how many SoFrs you have, fireflies don't require quanta to activate their skills and sniper costs :earth :earth too. The attack boost is really fun also.

Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg486091#msg486091
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:48:17 pm »
You forgot that Golems only use :earth to use their skills. Airborne sticks no matter how many SoFrs you have, fireflies don't require quanta to activate their skills and sniper costs :earth :earth too. The attack boost is really fun also.

Oops, totally forgot xD No matter how much I like SoI it still confuses me ^^
Anyway, nice idea, I might add it to the OP later! :)

Offline Camoninja

• failed quitter
Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg486102#msg486102
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 09:08:23 pm »
I also like using 4 fractals instead of 5, for some reason it seems to work better for me. The extra card would be a sixth shard.

On a side note, here's a disappointing victory with a SoFo variant.

Offline Fireleaf

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Fireleaf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Ready or not...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg486107#msg486107
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »
Just had to mention- this is pretty much the best deck name of all time. Just saying.
There are 10 kinds of people- those who understand binary notation and those who don't.

Re: SoIWin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39064.msg486607#msg486607
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 04:38:28 pm »
Added SoP and SoFr as possible shards. Thanks Camoninja for telling me!

Just had to mention- this is pretty much the best deck name of all time. Just saying.

Haha thanks xD Didn't take me much time to come up with it ;)

blarg: Gandora