*Author

Offline RutareteTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472197#msg472197
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:11:43 am »
NAME:
Slow Time
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
:time:You do not draw next turn. Does not stack.
NAME:
Slow Time
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
:time :time:Target player now draws cards twice as slow for two turns. Does not stack.
ART:
Requesting art
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
I'm not sure about the unupped. What if it was ":time: You now draw twice as slow. Pay this cost again to untrigger this effect."

Twice as slow means 1 card every second turn, instead of the normal every turn. Cards used to draw (Hourglass, Precog, Sundial) work normally.

SERIES:

Spoiler for previous:
NAME:
Slow Time
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
You now draw cards twice as slow.
NAME:
Slow Time
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
6 :time
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Target player now draws cards twice as slow.
ART:
Requesting art
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
Twice as slow means 1 card every second turn, instead of the normal every turn. Cards used to draw (Hourglass, Precog, Sundial) work normally.
The current cost is just my first-guess intuition.
Another possibility is having the unupped affect both players.
This can help larger decks gain prominence and use.

Q: What kind of deck would this be used in?
A: The unupped is a stall card. The upped slows down your opponent. You can use this to deck out your opponent, if you have your defenses set up, or even just for the 1 or 2 card difference in deck size. Also can be used to store quanta for bolts.
SERIES:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:59:11 am by Rutarete »
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

jawdirk

Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472251#msg472251
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:52:28 am »
I assume no effect if you cast it twice?

I am definitely in favor of the unupped affecting both players.

Seems like it would be more fair if it was a permanent. The upped effect is extremely nasty unless you have some way to draw cards or get rid of it.

All and all, I think it is interesting, but it might be extremely annoying to play against.

Offline swishy

• Reputation Power: 2
  • swishy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472276#msg472276
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:49:14 am »
I don't think this what you're suggesting could ever be balanced. Slowing down your opponents drawing speed is just too powerful with rewind/eternity, and would give an easy mono complete lockdown that's probably more efficient than ghostmare. Also, slowing down your own draws just seems pointless, especially coming from the element with hourglasses, sundials, and the anti-deckout tool Eternity.

It might be interesting to have a spell limiting your opponent to 1 draw every turn (for possibly 2 turns, not indefinitely), but it wouldn't really suit time, perhaps water or light.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472290#msg472290
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:55:17 pm »
my suggestion would be have it be part of a permanent or creature, have the ability function similarly as it does now- have a low activation cost and have it last for that turn.  and instead of 'every other turn', just limit it to 1 card per round, acting as a counter to hourglass, precog, bravery and arena/fg decks.  a duration may be warranted due to its potential power in the last case. but it wouldnt be very useful in decks other than those situations (so if its a creature it can have non-horrible stats, or the permanent with a very very minor secondary mechanic).  my 2 :electrum
moose dont say moo.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472296#msg472296
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:25 pm »
As with most, I think that this mechanic in its current form is way too powerful. In addition, I would like to point out that larger decks would become less viable because the current problem of not being able to draw key cards only gets worse when your opponent can hinder your drawing. In addition, why attempt a deck-out with a 40-card deck when you can Slow Time 20 cards into the game with a 30-card deck and achieve the same result?

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472467#msg472467
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:10 am »
I'll consider the 1 card per turn idea. It isn't a bad one, but it sounds like it's been done before (just a hunch) and I'd like to develop this particular mechanic as much as I can first. That said, would a duration timer be enough at the current cost? Is 3 | 4 turns a good duration?

Or is duration not the way to go with this card?
My Decks

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472868#msg472868
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 03:21:25 am »
a) Seems OP.
b) Consider using upped on opponent, then filling hand with nightmare the following turn. The player would have skipped his draw anyway. Does he draw the next turn?
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg472877#msg472877
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 03:59:38 am »
I think if you can target your opponent, it should be either a permanent or a creature so that there is a means to counter it.

I see some definite utility for a false god hunter deck since it can keep you from decking out as fast or conversely it can cut them off from their draw advantage.

My suggestion: make it a creature with the ability requiring  :time to use each round. The upped version could then be used to switch as necessary making it more versatile while simultaneously making it less OP since CC can counter it.
Just my 2  :electrum
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• Legendary Member
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg473051#msg473051
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 11:59:47 pm »
Updated with new version. Please check the notes.
a) Seems OP.
b) Consider using upped on opponent, then filling hand with nightmare the following turn. The player would have skipped his draw anyway. Does he draw the next turn?
I don't know the answer to this. I shall ask Xeno.
My Decks

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg473130#msg473130
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 06:34:18 am »
a) Seems OP.
He would, unless you wanted to give Nightmare a slight buff by making it prevent their next draw as well. This might not be such a bad idea. (Essentially, it's not a coding issue, just a matter of choice.)
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg474455#msg474455
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 07:09:16 am »
Why doesn't the ability have a name?

a) Seems OP.
He would, unless you wanted to give Nightmare a slight buff by making it prevent their next draw as well. This might not be such a bad idea. (Essentially, it's not a coding issue, just a matter of choice.)
I disagree. In the optimal situation, your draw would be locked for 2 turns, first turn by your hand being full and second turn being the effect of Slow Time.

• Legendary Member
Re: Slow Time | Slow Time https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37595.msg474508#msg474508
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »
Any suggestions for the ability name? Perhaps Stagnate?
My Decks

blarg: