*Author

Cryotube

I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458341#msg458341
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:31:10 pm »
I'm new to this forum, having played the game but never discussing it.

Being a high school student, it's my final semester before graduating to university - I'm scrambling to build a portfolio that would land me into a good program after my interviews. I just happened to create a Gravity-themed card on a whim, thinking about how the Gravity deck didn't have any cards that were particularly 'heavy' other than Armagio.

:gravityBehemoth Turtle        (name subject to change)

Painting process for those who are interested:

Edit: now with annotations
The turtle's crest powers its near impenetrable armor, but makes its shell extremely heavy. The turtle crawls over land, crushing and deforming everything in its wake.

Making the art, I didn't really think about what the card's abilities would be at all - I just thought it would look cool with a Gravity crest and Armagio-style armor.
Not sure if this was the appropriate place to post this, but any advice would be appreciated!

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458342#msg458342
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:35:28 pm »
Simply amazing, man. This would be perfect in Gravity's mechanical-based arsenal of Sapphire Chargers and Armagios.

5 stars, and welcome to the forum! :)

EDIT : If possible, can I use this art for a card idea I have?

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458343#msg458343
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:43:49 pm »
*heart* *heart* *heart*

Very impressive. +karma

But that style.. it's so familiar... amazing.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458344#msg458344
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 10:45:04 pm »
It's like that turtle in Discworld (I forget its name) :p  I definitely like the artwork; I'm not sure how you could work it into a card concept off the top of my head (maybe gravity with water ability, since turtles are aquatic) but that's pretty good art.

Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458346#msg458346
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »
^That would be Great A'Tuin

On topic: The Art looks great. I don't really have any crazily original ideas for the card mechanics, though. Only things I could think of from the top of my head would be some sort of CC-resistance (as in passive: Any damage done to this card is reduced by 2. Potentially fun with rage potions) or perhaps some form of shield ability (as in: Shields a creature. Any card which would target that creature targets the Behemoth turtle instead.)

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458350#msg458350
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:28:20 pm »
OMG!!!  :o
This is beautiful!
I love the style, that is mechanical while not ruining the fantasy part, and i like the palette too!

We need to find a beautiful mechanic for a new creature just to use this art!
Congratulations again!

Oh... welcome to the forum!

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458382#msg458382
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 12:56:11 am »
Really impressive.

Please, keep dreaming about Elements.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline jacker

• Reputation Power: 5
  • jacker is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Addicted
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458395#msg458395
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 01:36:19 am »
Really beautiful :D Congrats!

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458398#msg458398
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 01:44:26 am »
Holy-....That is some great art. Looks really amazing.

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458412#msg458412
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 02:32:46 am »
really really awesome. Keep building that portfolio. With a bit more time, I could see that be really close to professional.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458444#msg458444
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 05:29:41 am »
This is great, I love it! It fits in perfectly with the games style yet is it's own. Really like it.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: I made some Gravity card art. Please have a look! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36482.msg458559#msg458559
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 03:15:03 pm »
Absolutely fantastic. :D

The only minor thing in terms of criticism is that the white birds are a slight distraction to the picture (yes, I know they're used for 'perspective' of how big this thing is, but I believe that we don't always need little critters or birds to show how big the monster is [many Gravity creatures excluding Chimera represent their 'size' with health]). That being said, I love the fact that you did a video on this, although I wonder if you'd be willing to provide additional commentary on your thoughts while drawing the creature and whatnot.

Great work, and if anything, you remind me of a formerly-active veteran artist that drew card art for the game...

anything
blarg: