*Author

Offline UndeadSpider1990Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg455638#msg455638
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »
[PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING]
I did not build this thinking it would be a super-awesome awe-inspiring deck of ultimate PvP pwnage okay? It was made on the trainer for a laugh and I'm not actually going to bother upgrading the cards! Please by all means suggest how you might consider taking the idea and putting it into a well-balanced deck, but otherwise please refrain from blurting out its many inadequacies. Great!  8)

I call this Steroids of Impatience because I've so far been unable to use Shards of Patience effectively (any tips there?), and because Epinephrine is a steroid  (go on, I'm waiting for someone to tell me otherwise) that gets rid of the need to wait.

Here's how it works:
Bugs! --> Power! --> Drugged-up bugs!!
--> Fun poison =D

Just cross your fingers you don't spot any big, fiery clouds on the horizon because everything in here has 3 HP!

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 713 713 713 71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 8pn

Blank cards are Shard of Patience (tips on how to make them appear? D:)
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg455664#msg455664
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:09:56 pm »
Remove those recluses and add some bone walls in, SoP+adrenaline combo sure is fun, good work!
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg455676#msg455676
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 06:03:01 pm »
Well, I certainly like the idea behind this deck; I haven't seen this done before.  I think I'd replace the spiders with shard of sacrifices to stall while the poison works its magic.  The only problem with that is that it makes it too much like SPlat's retarded cousin, so you might want to ignore my suggestion and keep the deck more unique.

I almost never do this, but +rep for thinking of an idea I hadn't thought of myself.  (pretty much the only thing I give rep for)

Offline Toimu13

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Toimu13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thread Necromancer
Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg455822#msg455822
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 02:34:03 am »
Cool idea, I tweaked it some:

6x SoP
6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 71a 71b 71b 71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 8pn

You have cards with a low cost, so you don't need very many upped Pendulums to run the deck.  You could even replace 1 with a Skull Shield to protect yourself better versus opponents that creature spam.

Epinephrine on Scorps does make them attack 4 times a turns, but only poison 2 of those attacks.

The down side to SoP is that it stops ALL your creatures from attack for 1 turn.  Try to play 2+ Scorps before using SoP (all on the same turn) and/or have Epinephrine on your Scorps before dropping SoP.

SoP is one of the new cards and the code isn't in the forums yet to show the picture with the deck-image.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg455898#msg455898
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:54:15 am »
Part A - Science
All steroids have the typical following tetracyclic structure:

Examples of steroids include the dietary fat cholesterol, the sex hormones estradiol and testosterone, and the anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone.

Epinephrine on the contrary has the following structure:

It is therefore completely erroneous to claim that epinephrine is a steroid. Its structure is however very close to amphetamines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamines) (which make you impatient).

Part B - Element the Game

It is indeed a clever Idea to use Adrenaline (which is exactly the same as epinephrine) to overcome the delay. It is extremely pleasurable to use deathstalker and adrenaline in combination.

I find however, that the deck lacks a bit of defence. From toimu13's version (which I find a bit better). I would try to had some healing (maybe -1/2 epi, -1/2 pendulum, +2/3 heal).

Side note: Is there already a posted version for the equivalent with dune?

• UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg458269#msg458269
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 06:00:56 pm »
Thanks for the upbeat responses, and thanks for the science SnoWeb! I feel more cleverer already  ;)

I too would be curious to see an effective Dunescorp version :)

Levy

Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg458290#msg458290
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »
Thanks for the upbeat responses, and thanks for the science SnoWeb! I feel more cleverer already  ;)

I too would be curious to see an effective Dunescorp version :)
by Levy
55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5c3 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c8 5c8 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 8pl

I just put this together after seeing your comment. I used to use a deck similar to this, but i wasn't vary pleased. It is quite effective with the right opening hand though. you guys can improve it as you see fit

fred

Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg458330#msg458330
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21:12 pm »
Unfortunately the Epinephrine only gives one extra poison counter on a desert scorp, so given the low creature count, if you were going to add green you would be better off using forest scorps.

Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg458487#msg458487
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 08:59:58 am »
You should have a play with the trainer Fred [*Edit: I think I meant Levy*] (www.elementsthegame/trainer), you can play about with upgrade cards without actually having to buy them :)

Re: SoI - Steroids of Impatience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36225.msg460291#msg460291
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:45:17 pm »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:50:10 pm by UndeadSpider1990 »

blarg: UndeadSpider,Toimu13,Levy