*Author

Offline MathematisticTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg454681#msg454681
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:35:02 am »
For no apparent reason I seem to have a special bond with the Mummy+RT+SoR combo... so here it is.

New Version!

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 71a 71d 71d 71d 71d 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dm 7dm 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 8pk

Previous Version:
6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 71a 71d 71d 71d 71d 71d 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 8pk

The lava golems are the spears and the scarab swarm are the shields. It looks like a phalanx formation when the combo works.  :D

The reason why I choose death mark over soul catchers is that I fell like I NEED to get the mummy combo out early for it to be actually useful. Lava golems are easy preys of CC, but pharaoh is really resistant (especially when the AI tends to target scarabs :P)

Use the SoRs wisely. Your scarab might need it more than your pharaoh.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg454689#msg454689
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:57:31 am »
Well now this is very interesting.  I'm more surprised by how consistent the deck is more so than how you managed to get these Elements to work together; so far I haven't gotten anything slower than 8 turns to win over the set of games I've played, and this is with crap draws of missing a Cremation, Gnome etc. in the beginning included.  The Pharaohs are definitely an awesome way of resolving the typical Cremation rush's vulnerability to CC, and the Scarabs are just what a Cremation rush needs to be even more dangerous than before. 

Brilliant.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg454769#msg454769
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:11:43 pm »
I have seen RT+mummy decks, but non of them combining them with an immorush O_O

Brilliant.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg454772#msg454772
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:21:06 pm »
Wow, this resolves a lot of things against DR shields stalls problems I found using my RT+Mummy+SoR version.

Brilliant.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

• Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg454785#msg454785
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 03:00:50 pm »
Thank you for your support!  ;D
It is kinda reliant on draws though, and a standard crema-golem rush / the Mummy+Rewind+SoR deck I had been using before coming up with this are more stable.
I mean... to put everything in 30 cards I've reduced the number of cremations and mummy/rewind/SoRs (though I sometimes use SoRs on golems just to grow them).

For comparison, the father of phalanx:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 5ur 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 710 710 710 710 710 710 71d 71d 71d 71d 71d 71d 7n0 7n0 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 8ps

Any suggestions on either decks?
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline rickerd

• rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg454794#msg454794
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:16:23 pm »
I like the deck really much
cool name too
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg455158#msg455158
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 03:02:32 am »
Certainly looks ingenious. I don't have the money to test it out, but I'd love to see some stats on how well this fares against AI3 and arena.

Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg455185#msg455185
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 04:22:42 am »
Certainly looks ingenious. I don't have the money to test it out, but I'd love to see some stats on how well this fares against AI3 and arena.
I don't have stats, but my current experience says that it pwns AI3 and silver league while not too stable vs gold league.

Offline thanata

• Reputation Power: 1
  • thanata is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg455230#msg455230
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 07:39:38 am »
Damn... Time, Death, Earth, Fire. Now that's a real quartet. Include the Gravity nom noms for scarabs, and it's technically a quintet.
I respect the deck, and it's playstyle name also.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg455240#msg455240
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:15:12 am »
I've seen you around doing useful posts, but let me say this once:
AWESOME.
Will try at trainer soon.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg455241#msg455241
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 08:21:03 am »
I've seen you around doing useful posts, but let me say this once:
AWESOME.
Will try at trainer soon.
Lol.
Are they really that useful?
I just like messing around with deck ideas (preferably original ones) and some card designs...
Back on topic, is there any way to make it a decent arena gold grinder? It partially loses effectiveness VS upped cards and OP opponents IMO.

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Phalanx https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36141.msg455922#msg455922
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 11:34:21 am »
I don't know if it works better in arena, but I think it's always better to have CC and PC when playing against gold.
So I'd try something like this:

6rq 6rq 6rq 71a 71b 71d 71d 71d 71d 71f 71f 71f 71f 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dm 7dm 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dr 7dr 7dr 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 8pl

You can replace Soulcatcher with towers if you want. You can use rage elixir to kill an enemy creature to boost soulcatcher or to increase the atk of pharao or scarabs.
(So it's kind of a replacement of lava destroyers). In not so optimal draws, you may have to cremate a mummy to play another one to use rewind on. I also was thinking to
add another bone wall (or imp fog) replacing a SoR because imo defense is often more important than speed in arena. Now the Gemfinders are replaceable with any zero cost creature.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

anything
blarg: Mathematistic,Gandora