*Author

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433213#msg433213
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:50:55 am »
NAME:
Thunder Charger
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
1 :aether
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 4
TEXT:
Energy Link: Damage dealt is returned to you as :aether.
Charge: :aether  (Multiple use)
Gain +1/-1.
NAME:
Lightning Charger
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
1 :aether
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 7
TEXT:
Energy Link: Damage dealt is returned to you as :aether.
Charge: :aether  (Multiple use)
Gain +1/-1.
ART:
EvaRia
IDEA:
EvaRia
NOTES:
Fairly straightforward.

Charge can be used multiple times per turn.
SERIES:

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433215#msg433215
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:54:57 am »
Interesting. I think Naesala was having similar trouble when he tried to post the gravitational bulkward shield card

Edit: oh, quick fix!

Offline darkrobe

• darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433217#msg433217
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:57:01 am »
Multiple use per turn? or just multiple use? and I guess you would have to try and balance attack gain (aka quanta gain) and survivability?

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433218#msg433218
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:58:58 am »
I'm assuming she had a similar problem getting the graphs to work? Anyways, interesting card, could make mono aether even more powerful though. These guys run off a mark provide almost all the quanta you need, just add a few pillars for security. i dunno, i dont like the idea of mono aether getting stronger
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433220#msg433220
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:02:39 am »
I think it's something to do with the way I hadn't upped to imgur yet and the empty image tags didn't let it work properly =X

Anyways, yes, it's multiple use per turn.

It might be a little bit powerful with some of the buffs available right now.

I might lower the upped one to 0 | 4 as well and make it cost 0.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433221#msg433221
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 05:05:22 am »

Burst quanta acceleration and damage is exactly what Aether needs in slow decks to not undeservingly fall victim to denial or a lucky rush with PC without any chance of fighting back (Scrambled Shriekers with a redonk hand).

It's quite balanced, as you pay to make it more vulnerable. As such, you'd only play this late if you expected CC. The unupped is even a bit UP, as you can't really use it to rush, but it simply gives Aether another option for faster damage than snail-paced. Even if it's not better than Spider at that, it's another option, and that's very important.

To top it off, the mechanics are interesting. What's the idea behind the name?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433224#msg433224
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 05:08:13 am »
I love this idea for quanta generation. I do think the upped version should keep its ability cost.

One thing I notice is that this card has two great ideas - the HP/Attack toggle and the quanta gen equaling the attack - which could easily be split up into separate cards.
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433564#msg433564
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:05:11 am »
So if this card gets Anti-mattered, does it drain quanta from you?

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433566#msg433566
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 12:07:28 am »
I'd say so.

Hmm, I quite like the idea. It actually makes Heavy Armor somewhat useful too. Quite an interesting quanta generation mechanic.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline darkrobe

Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433585#msg433585
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 12:27:28 am »
I'd say so.

Hmm, I quite like the idea. It actually makes Heavy Armor somewhat useful too. Quite an interesting quanta generation mechanic.
an Aether Earth combo? wow.

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433586#msg433586
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 12:34:43 am »
I'd say so.

It actually wouldn't make it that useful. Blessing > Heavy Armor in this case as you have to pay 3  :aether to convert the defense to attack and you have to pay 6  :aether to convert the heavy armor. And if you wanted defense you can leave some of the original hp for that, or Chaos Power for upped play. Both of those synergize better with Aether overall so I'm seeing those as much more likely.

Although a Life / Aether duo would be mean, getting 3 ATK + adrenaline Thunder Charger, especially in unupped play, using it to support high cost aether cards.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Thunder Charger | Lightning Charger https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34344.msg433590#msg433590
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 12:41:45 am »
Very cool idea! Reminds me of MtG
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

anything
blarg: