*Author

Offline ffunTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ffun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
(Time) ffun 3 - (Fire) Jocko 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33019.msg417128#msg417128
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:00:26 pm »
by ffun
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rm 5ro 5ro 5ru 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 622 7q5 7q5 7q5 8pu

I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC!  I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC! I’ve played some pillars/pendula, an Hourglass and an Eternity. Jocko played some pillars/pendula, a Fire Shield and a Sanct, then... DESYNC!

Yeah, that’s how we both felt yesterday trying to get our matches done. We expected a Firestall from :fire, so I had already playtested a lot against it, and due to the dozens of desyncs we had, I was forced to play many more… To be stuck in a time bubble playing game after game after game against Firestall... now that’s my idea of an Elements hell if there is one!
Game 1 – If I recall correctly, it seemed like a regular draw for both of us. I was able to fractal my ghost mid game, lowered Jocko’s health well enough before he miracled once. I felt like I could press him for the kill on the next couple of rounds, so I kept dropping my ghosts while some were killed by his fire shield. Unfortunately all my rush attempt fell short when I realized I had enough damage to get him down to 1 life on my next attack!
Already expecting another Miracle on the next turn, I half-heartedly rewound a 1 hp ghost while planning on amassing more quanta for another fractal in 1 or 2 turns. But he had no miracle in hand, and fortunately on my next turn I had the exact time quanta to drop a dragon that had been hiding in my hand for just enough damage to kill him.

Game 2a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v – I didn’t count the exact number, but we had lots and lots of desyncs. In half of our matches I felt I had a good or awesome hand and would be able to win it, and I think Jocko felt likewise on the other half of the matches, so it was really frustrating for both of us. The AI couldn’t play correctly either of our decks (his would bolt my creatures, mine would deck out or play fractal at the wrong moments), so we had no choice except keep playing and playing and playing until...
Game 2w – Finally we got another match done. Jocko tried to survive the best he could, but in the end I had too much damage on the table with fractalled dragons. True to the annoying spirit of Firestall, Jocko bolted some of my critters to prolong the game for another 2 rounds, but I kept playing more dragons and his sancts couldn’t keep up with the damage.

Game 3a,b,c – More desyncs. I unfortunately had no time to play more games and Jocko agreed to finish our duels today.
Game 3d – Another desync in our first game today... I was afraid there were more to come  :'(
Game 3e – Jocko played an early Fahrenheit, so I also had to start my dim chain early. Fortunately the hourglasses made me draw through my deck at lightning speed. By the time I found a fractal, I had lots of quanta to play my army. Since Jocko didn't draw a Fire Shield and only 2 Sancts, it made the job that much easier... I almost got our rush bonus playing a stall vs stall! One turn short  :(:

I would really like to thank Jocko for his patience during our desync fest, and for being a fun guy and a good sport. His comments and jokes during our matches turned an experience that could have been a nightmare into a fun and enjoyable time. I’m sorry for the time it took to get this done, but as I’ve told him, it must have been a divine punishment on him for playing Firestall! Too bad I had to take part in it as well >:(

Thanks for the 58 matches we played and good luck for :fire during the rest of War!

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: (Time) ffun 3 - (Fire) Jocko 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33019.msg417131#msg417131
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:04:44 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f5 5f7 5f7 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 7dl 7k2 7k2 8pq

Well, after a thousand desyncs, i have only one thing to say: Screw the RNG.
No disrespect to you, ffun, you played your matches great, but i couldn't find a single play mistake, and yet this 50-50% match ended up 0-3, also taking into account the plenty of times we desync'd with awesome starts.
Im not gonna bother posting a in-depth report, since i barely remember which of the +15 duels he won, so i hope you can imagine how it went.

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: (Time) ffun 3 - (Fire) Jocko 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33019.msg417425#msg417425
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 03:31:43 pm »
Even with the desynchs, you had this match in hand all the time, ffun, well done.
Unfortunate match up for fire, wasn't much that could be done, good games Jocko.

anything
blarg: ffun,Jocko