*Author

Offline zombie0Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Platinum+ arena needs this https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30337.msg385369#msg385369
« on: August 27, 2011, 03:00:33 pm »
once you reach platinum, or more specifically own all the cards besides nymphs and enough :electrum to do what you want...then what?  submit a deck once a week, twice if you get bored.  grind a bunch to give your submitted deck 5 more hp.  is there anything beyond the card collection grind for long term players?  there should be!

its fine that players use their unlimited time and effort to create the content for arena (submitted decks).  its not fine that how well we play, win, and lose as a PLAYER ends up completely hollow and empty.  that we are supposed to care about a submitted deck we never see in action more than our ability to actually play in arena is disappointing.  we submit the hardest and craziest decks we can, but have no purpose to actually play against them.

arena is a great addition to the game.  we just need a scoring system to utilize it and reward players for participating.  heres some examples

1)  all platinum league games have a separate scoring system (edit- reset each week).  for example <  2 points for a win, 3 points for EM, and -1 point for a loss  >.  these numbers are completely made up.  submitted arena decks will be automatically removed on day 8, possibly day 7 (no freebies).  minimum 25 games per week to qualify.  spamming games should be a risk, but not always discouraged (you could hit a losing streak and fight back or just sit on a score...until you see people pass it!)

2)  top 10/15/20 decks per week qualify as the heroic mode the next week.  heroic mode pits each player against those decks one at a time, random order.  competition among everyone to win the most games out of those 10/15/20.  players need to face all 10/15/20 decks by end of week to be ranked.

winners added to hall of fame, at least.  thinking up rewards isnt the hard part.

thats my ideas so far.  feedback please!

- edit -  seems no one cares about meaningful endgame.  ill admit its been fun building the card collection.  BUT, if i knew it was just going to be player submitted FG decks and waiting on fools to push spacebar in PvP...might not have bothered.  id trade the entire arena right now for a 30 second turn cycle PvP with a ranking system for players.
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

Toge111

Re: Platinum+ arena needs this https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30337.msg386917#msg386917
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:06:48 pm »
Isn't PvP the beef for those who have everything done?

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Platinum+ arena needs this https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30337.msg386947#msg386947
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:49:29 pm »
Zombie, you're completely missing the community, which is ironic, since you're posting in it.
Look around you. There are Leagues and PvP Events going on right now, and starting in a couple days. These are the real competitions, not Arena, which is a lot of luck. These are what the pros care about.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline MeetJSquared

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MeetJSquared is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always gone but never hard to find.
Re: Platinum+ arena needs this https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30337.msg387401#msg387401
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:39 pm »
I agree with RootRanger.  I've played a lot of elements (300K score in <6 months) but I am far from polished.  I can handle AI fine, but my deckbuilding is pretty bad and I'm using my time to grind Arena/FGs while I complete my card collection.  During that time, I can improve on my deckbuilding through the Arena submissions and hopefully by the time I finish my card collection I'll be good enough at deckbuilding to really compete in all the PvP events/tournaments.

Offline zombie0Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: Platinum+ arena needs this https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30337.msg388162#msg388162
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »
response to your very good point

arena is not bad.  didnt intend to say it is, just that it needs an "endgame" payoff that players can enjoy.  if the game's intended endgame is pvp tourneys...it needs to support that in-game.  if pvp tourneys are not the developers intended endgame please consider my suggestions as possible good additions.

i still want 30 second pvp turns and a ranking system.  its not a new concept.
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

blarg: