*Author

Offline RutareteTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg381796#msg381796
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:57:51 pm »
NAME:
Wind-Up Shield
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
3 :time
TYPE:
Permanent - Shield
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
:time Wind: Raise Damage Reduction by 1. Loses 1 point of reduction per turn. 2 uses per turn. Min of 1. Max reduction of 4.
NAME:
Wind-Up Shield
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
2 :time
TYPE:
Permanent - Shield
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
:time Wind: Raise Damage Reduction by 1. Loses 1 point of reduction per turn. 2 uses per turn. Min of 1. Max reduction of 4.
ART:
Emeraldtiger (unupped) and Zblader (upped)
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
Any preferences about the art?
NOTE: DR = Damage Reduction.
Damage Reduction goes down 1 at the end of the opponent's turn.
It is not destroyed if you don't pay the upkeep.
Minimum Damage Reduction is 0.
SERIES:
NAME:
Wind-Up Shield
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
5 :time
TYPE:
Permanent - Shield
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
:time :time :time Wind: Raise Damage Reduction by 1. Loses 1 point of reduction each turn. 2 uses per turn. Max reduction of 4.
NAME:
Wind-Up Shield
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Permanent - Shield
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
:time :time Wind: Raise Damage Reduction by 1. Loses 1 point of reduction each turn. 3 uses per turn. Max reduction of 4.
ART:
Emeraldtiger (unupped) and Zblader (upped)
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
Any preferences about the art?
NOTE: DR = Damage Reduction.
Damage Reduction goes down 1 at the end of the opponent's turn.
It is not destroyed if you don't pay the upkeep.
Minimum Damage Reduction is 0.
SERIES:
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

DeathPanda1

Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg381804#msg381804
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:16:46 pm »
err DR?
<--- noob

Offline maverixk

• Reputation Power: 7
  • maverixk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I have an 'x' instead of a 'c'. I know you jellin'
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg381805#msg381805
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:45 pm »
err DR?
<--- noob
Damage Reduction.
I thought the same thing at first when I saw it.
"Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree." -House

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg381807#msg381807
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »
DR has been added to the notes for anyone else who needs it.
My Decks

Offline TuckingFypo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • TuckingFypo hides under a Cloak.
  • 'umop apisdn si agessaw siyt
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg381808#msg381808
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:24:22 pm »
I think it's a bit expensive.  6|5(Casting cost) + 18|15(To get to 4 DR) + 3x(Upkeep) quanta for a 4 DR shield.  With summoning sickness. xD

• Legendary Member
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg383385#msg383385
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:34 am »
Upcoming changes:

1. Cost to be changed to 5 :time | 4 :time
2. Upped Wind cost to be changed to :time :time.

Thoughts?
My Decks

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg383387#msg383387
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:10 am »
I never like when people just tell me their thoughts in chat without posting what they said so I won't be hypocritical.

While I do like the changes, which are positive in my opinion, I still don't like the limit, nor the Damage Reduction short form, DR.

Loving the fact that this has perfect thematic expression though, changing with :time Time. In every sense.

EDIT: 4*. Would be 5 if it was how I recommended. A matter of personal taste though...
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

• Legendary Member
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg383517#msg383517
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 05:13:18 pm »
I never like when people just tell me their thoughts in chat without posting what they said so I won't be hypocritical.

While I do like the changes, which are positive in my opinion, I still don't like the limit, nor the Damage Reduction short form, DR.

Loving the fact that this has perfect thematic expression though, changing with :time Time. In every sense.

EDIT: 4*. Would be 5 if it was how I recommended. A matter of personal taste though...
Updated!
My Decks

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg383533#msg383533
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 06:17:12 pm »
when does the card lose 1 defense? at the end of your turn or their turn?

• Legendary Member
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg383542#msg383542
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 06:34:27 pm »
when does the card lose 1 defense? at the end of your turn or their turn?
At the end of the opponent's turn. Good question. I'll add it to the notes.
My Decks

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg383550#msg383550
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 07:00:51 pm »
ok.

The unupped one is way too expensive.  For 11 :time + 1 turn for summon sickness, you get a 2 defense shield that loses defense next turn unless you pay another 3 :time. Titanium shield is 4 :earth with no extra turn needed, no loss of defense.  Sure, this shield's defense can go higher, but that requires more turns and more quanta.

The upped one is a little better, but probably still on the expensive side.

• Legendary Member
Re: Wind-Up Shield | Wind-Up Shield https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30022.msg383556#msg383556
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 07:12:24 pm »
ok.

The unupped one is way too expensive.  For 11 :time + 1 turn for summon sickness, you get a 2 defense shield that loses defense next turn unless you pay another 3 :time. Titanium shield is 4 :earth with no extra turn needed, no loss of defense.  Sure, this shield's defense can go higher, but that requires more turns and more quanta.

The upped one is a little better, but probably still on the expensive side.
How low would the cost/upkeep have to be to be OP?
My Decks

blarg: