*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342200#msg342200
« on: May 28, 2011, 06:11:35 pm »
NAME:
Water Adept
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
:water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 5
TEXT:
:water :water : Liquify - Target permanent now generates quantum of its element.
NAME:
Water Sage
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
:water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 7
TEXT:
:water :water : Liquify - Target card now generates quantum of its element.
ART:
Zblader
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
I'm still wondering how this art came out so different from the other Sages - if the more experienced artists on this forum could give a little critique on how I could improve my art it would be nice.

Soft PC, but also useful for quantum fixing and with Nymph's Tears. The active ability is replaced with quantum generation, so it could combo with Hope as well.
SERIES:
Sage Series (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22551.0.html)

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342209#msg342209
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »
So does this add the quanta generation ability, or is more of an LS thing: Taking away the original ability, and adding this as the replacement?
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342211#msg342211
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 06:19:28 pm »
So does this add the quanta generation ability, or is more of an LS thing: Taking away the original ability, and adding this as the replacement?
Liquid Shadow-type - permanents and creatures loose their active ability.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342212#msg342212
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »
I think a card with this ability is currently in the quantum generating competition.
here it is: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,26912.new.html
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• Legendary Member
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342213#msg342213
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »
I think a card with this ability is currently in the quantum generating competition.
here it is: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,26912.new.html
For the record I made this idea a while ago and was having problems with the art, which is why I didn't put it out earlier.

While similar, that card is more like a field effect that only handles creatures - Water Sage is more permanent-focused and you can pick which cards you need to quantum fix - for example Liquify one of your Hourglasses so that it fuels another's drawing cost.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342216#msg342216
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 06:25:19 pm »
Oops. I missed the word 'permanent' there.  :-[
in that case, it's a weapon killer! Woo!
Edit: Also, did you paint that image? It really looks like a painting.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• Legendary Member
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342219#msg342219
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 06:27:49 pm »
Edit: Also, did you paint that image? It really looks like a painting.
Actually I made that entirely on the computer , and wow, thanks - I didn't expect it to come out that real-looking.

Like I stated earlier if a more experienced artist could give some critique on how I could improve my art it would be appreciated.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342220#msg342220
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 06:28:01 pm »
I don't understand why the wording can't just be: "Target permanent becomes a pillar of its element." It's basically the same thing. The only difference is that your card lets them keep their art.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

• Legendary Member
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg342224#msg342224
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 06:30:06 pm »
I don't understand why the wording can't just be: "Target permanent becomes a pillar of its element." It's basically the same thing. The only difference is that your card lets them keep their art.
Stacking and Earthquake. I don't want the combo to be too exploitable, though it does increase synergy with Nymph Tears.....

Also, upgraded version can target creatures.

• Legendary Member
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg345007#msg345007
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:35:24 pm »
Bump for additional feedback.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg345014#msg345014
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 07:42:57 pm »
At first I was all 'it's lobo for Water!'  Then I realized Water is already with Lobo (kinda), so this wasn't actually all that.  Then I realized that this was Lobo for PERMANENTS and I was like "HELL YAH! THAS WAH WATAH NEEEDZ!"

Then I realized that I was talking like a moron, and decided to share it with everyone.

Regardless, I love this idea.  Oddly, the fact that it's part of a series makes it worse in my mind because it means that the idea will get less attention as a unique idea than it will as another Sage in the series.

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

• Legendary Member
Re: Water Adept | Water Sage https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26923.msg345188#msg345188
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 12:41:02 am »
Well, I did try to give each Sage an individualistic feel, but it seems that series have a negative effect in general...  :-\

What do people think of changing the card theme/image to something different? (Actual mechanics won't be affected - just the name and the art will)

blarg: